Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

TPs strange logic states that value of the interest not being paid on loans equates to the value of the SD advertising package – it would be good if he could put a figure on this.

No it doesn't and never did.

There's two points one fiscal and one aesthetic.

Aesthetic - SD is posted all over SJP, Emirates is plastered all over Arsenal, one's tacky shite one isn't.

Fiscal - Ashley is indivisible from SD, it seems (although not yet known) that SD/Ashley is advertising for free, as in no money is changing hands or rather comming into the club (which itself is indivisible from Ashley). So Ashley is not charging himself for advertising, similarly he is not charging himself (via the club) interest on his loans, the net effect of that is of financial benefit to the club.

You can't piss and moan about a few hundred grand (at most) in in-ground advertising not (possibly) being paid, when at the same time you owe the person doing the advertising tens and tens of millions of quid especially when discounting the interest you could be paying against that debt.

Arsenal get £10Mill a year for 10 years from Emirates for the naming rights, advertising, commercial acivities and use of their brand but on the other hand Arsenal owe Emirates fuck all.

You're missing out the fundamental point - one that is the very crux of why anyone follows a football club surely.

That is related to real life emotions, sentiment .

End of the day the classless, vindictive horror's taking the piss man.

Maybe that's my problem, I don't do emotion/sentiment for football any more, well not to any great degree, it's just not worth the angst for something that is such a fundamentaly unbalanced "contest".

Maybe that's also why a part of me, actually wants Ashley's way to work. The ridiculous throwing bazillions at it of Man City is obcene. Given our relative "size" on a level playing field we "should" compete at the highest level, on our own merits and our size should matter, currently it's an irrelevance. Only a fundamental change in the game or someone breaking the mold will do that.

The sooner the financial bubble bursts the better IMO

I agree . Football's fucked big time *.

To be honest (think it was HF that said it) it's also become to enjoying the whole panto villain of all this .

*Did you see that 'Dispatches - Buying A Football Club' prog a couple of months ago btw ? About ownership of PL clubs and how completely absurd it all is .

Nope, didn't see it, sadly.

Think last one I saw was the very average Alan Sugar one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As though there's the Man City method or Ashley's way and no sensible middle ground :razz: I can't understand anyone being into football and not being emotionally involved btw. Mind, I don't think you are into football tbh.

And where did I say that ? Keep looking for stuff that isn't there if it makes you happy. You're becoming more Leazes every day.

I'm not particularly "into" PL football anymore that's a fact, it is on the whole, distinctly average shite.

:lol:

I'm not particularly "into" PL football

:razz:

Excellent forum choice then.

Aren't there accountancy boards where you can discus brand new sums? :lol:

I've been here since it began just about, I have an interest in NUFC when it comes to football, I am no longer a "supporter" as such, just a fan.

As for accountancy, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

I'm not particularly "into" PL football

Excellent forum choice then.

Aren't there accountancy boards where you can discus brand new sums? :D

I've been here since it began just about, I have an interest in NUFC when it comes to football, I am no longer a "supporter" as such, just a fan.

As for accountancy, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

what does this mean excactly :blush:

l1ahsg.jpg

I didn't imagine it was going to look as bad as that :lol:

The old Newcastle United sign looked good but I was never going to call it part of our heritage or anything like that. If it had gone, then it would have been a loss but not the end of the world. This new abomination isn't the end of the world either of course; after all, it's just a sign as we keep getting reminded. Just a sign.

What's going to be next? Surely the seats would look great if they were replaced in the Direct Spots logo. That would be mint.

What I'm glad about though is that I made my decision to stay away a long time ago and I'm happy with it. It's just a sign of course. To go with all the others and the others to come.

How long until he fucks around with seat colours I wonder? A SD centre circle cover maybe as well. Outside of the stadium also. Fucking hell, it's bad enough with that huge tacky sign on Eldon Square at the junction to Percy St.

Guest Your Name Here
That has to be photoshopped.

Why?

Hyperbole. Just can't believe he'd do that.

Well he has and it won’t the end of the SJP as giant advertising hoarding thing unless the supporters get their shit together and give him a seriously hard time.

Horrible.

Ill forever remember it like this

_41398451_stand_ap.jpg

I hope the new owners in the future invite 52000 to the ground to see the letters ripped down in celebration like our own version of this

saddam-square2.jpg

I've honestly had daydreams about that very scene. :D