Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

Basically SD are getting it for nowt on the assumption it will open the doors for a deal with someone else. Times point out that Northern Rock deal (worth about £2M per year) is due to end and a deal including the stadium name would be nearer £8M per year.

While I agree that makes sense as far as raising funds goes and also I agree that we aren't the first and wont be the last (Chelsea, Spurs et al), we'll still call it SJP.

How many top flight clubs who havent moved grounds completely have gone down the "re naming" road though?...

The press cant find out how much Sports Direct are paying for all this shit as Llambias is a one man press agency and they'll be no questions afterwards thankyouverymuch.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking cunts. I'll say right away the people who have supported Ashley recently, are nothing more than gullible arseholes. As far as I can see I have been the only one vehemently opposed to him despite our start on here, and all this he's getting things right so pipe down Stevie even with fucking mates. Sorry me and Leazes Mag, Peasepud when he pops in. He's the devil. 1881 it's been there, fucking 130 years, for him to do this and make no mistake commentators will call it that. Of all his stunts this is the second worst behind Keegangate, I'd rather by 15th now than for this to happen.

It seems every 7 or 8 months he does something deliberate to wind people up and show who is boss, they can't be that fucking stupid that they don't realise people are going to be massive upset about losing a significant part of our heritage. As far as I'm concerned this is like when Lenin started acting the cunt in the Soviet Union, and changed the name of St Petersburg to Leningrad. Well it took them 60 years to rectify it, but it won't take us that long, I want this cunt out I don't care if we win the Champions League he is a calculating antagonistic record. Anyone that disagrees with any of this is a mug.

Edited by McFaul

Just read that times piece, it boils down to a choice between traditions and modernity. I love history, I read books about the history of histories but if it's got £10m a season in it then it's got to be considered as an option. History isn't about names either, it's about events and people and with a bit more cash we might get more success. It's not what I want or in anyway attractive but neither is the sport and how to succeed in it.

We have known that something like this was planned for ages now and the whole stadium ia awash with corporate advertising. It'd be a shame if what is essentially inevitable is whipped up by the press and bedsheet wavers to undermine the current momentum

and unity.

Fucking cunts. I'll say right away the people who have supported Ashley recently, are nothing more than gullible arseholes. As far as I can see I have been the only one vehemently opposed to him despite our start on here, and all this he's getting things right so pipe down Stevie even with fucking mates. Sorry me and Leazes Mag, Peasepud when he pops in. He's the devil. 1881 it's been there, fucking 130 years, for him to do this and make no mistake commentators will call it that. Of all his stunts this is the second worst behind Keegangate, I'd rather by 15th now than for this to happen.

It seems every 7 or 8 months he does something deliberate to wind people up and show who is boss, they can't be that fucking stupid that they don't realise people are going to be massive upset about losing a significant part of our heritage. As far as I'm concerned this is like when Lenin started acting the cunt in the Soviet Union, and changed the name of St Petersburg to Leningrad. Well it took them 60 years to rectify it, but it won't take us that long, I want this cunt out I don't care if we win the Champions League he is a calculating antagonistic record. Anyone that disagrees with any of this is a mug.

Good post. What next? He'll change name of club next. Sports fucking Direct Arena????I also take it that we will have the fucking sport direct bullshit logo on our strips from next season with the Northern Rock deal running out. God help us!!!!

Edited by SCOREBOARD1

Good post. What next? He'll change name of club next. Sports fucking Direct Arena????I also take it that we will have the fucking sport direct bullshit logo on our strips from next season with the Northern Rock deal running out. God help us!!!!

Couldn't imagine it. Who the fuck would buy one? Would defeat the revenue generating purpose

No-one went for the sponsorship deal when they added the disgusting "Sports Direct @" suffix, so I fail to see why someone will pay to have the stadium re-named again.

It's a massive, fuck-off free advertising campaign for him.

A fair few posters on here were mindful that the owners would do something to fuck the fans over given how well things seem to be going as of late...the man has no morals, no tact. He's a leech and a bottom-feeder who only seeks to profit from others. It's sad to see owners like this in football - why can't NUFC have an owner who respects the supporters?

If this was April 1st, it would be a brilliant wind-up.

Couldn't imagine it. Who the fuck would buy one? Would defeat the revenue generating purpose

I wouldnt put it past the cunt mate

NewSportsCastle DirUnitedEct

10 million a season?....does it say that in the Times?....do you think that it could be just another load of spin by any chance and he has no intention whatsoever of selling the naming rights to anyone? who'd have thought it?...is Andy Carroll still at the club?...

Er...... No chez. We don't need the extra cash. We know it won't go on players. It's a drop in the ocean anyway!

£10m moves us up from 7th to 6th richest club in the league. I based that post on a deal actually delivering £10m which is far from clear but if it did, then that's a really decent amount. It's 20,000 season tickets at £500 for context.

Everything is fucking calculated too. Down to the fact that they've announced it now ""yeah theres two awyy gyymes arfta the anaaahncement, they'll uv piped dahn by december sahn"

I'll never pipe down, Champions League Winners 2013 I want them gone, I hate them, everyone in town as a duty to physically assault them if the situation permits it.

It's antagonism at its' worst. Fat bastards.

Our aim for Newcastle United is to continue to deliver success for the fans and everyone associated with the club,” said Llambias in a statement circulated on Wednesday evening. “We must make this club financially self-sufficient in order to deliver that success.

“To grow sustainably and allow us to invest in our future, we will need to rely increasingly heavily on commercial income.

“These are very difficult economic times and the board have a responsibility to maximise all revenue streams for the benefit of the Club. Stadium rebranding offers a lucrative way for clubs to secure significant additional income.

“When we initially launched our plans at the end of 2009, we invited sponsors to attach their brand to that of St. James’ Park.

“However it has become clear that in order to make the proposition as commercially attractive as possible, a potential sponsor must be given the opportunity to fully rebrand the stadium.

“Naming the stadium the Sports Direct Arena helps up to showcase the opportunity to interested parties. We are now actively seeking a long-term sponsor wishing to acquire full naming rights for the stadium.

“Our shirt sponsorship deal with Northern Rock will also expire at the end of this season, which presents would-be sponsors with the opportunity to acquire both the naming rights and shirt sponsorship deals.”

Er...... No chez. We don't need the extra cash. We know it won't go on players. It's a drop in the ocean anyway!

£10m moves us up from 7th to 6th richest club in the league. I based that post on a deal actually delivering £10m which is far from clear but if it did, then that's a really decent amount. It's 20,000 season tickets at £500 for context.

£10m a year is what Arsenal got. We'll be lucky to get half that.

Just read that times piece, it boils down to a choice between traditions and modernity. I love history, I read books about the history of histories but if it's got £10m a season in it then it's got to be considered as an option. History isn't about names either, it's about events and people and with a bit more cash we might get more success. It's not what I want or in anyway attractive but neither is the sport and how to succeed in it.

We have known that something like this was planned for ages now and the whole stadium ia awash with corporate advertising. It'd be a shame if what is essentially inevitable is whipped up by the press and bedsheet wavers to undermine the current momentum

and unity.

Stop being a mug Chez. You think potential stadium naming rights purchasers don't have the vision to imagine how it would work?

More bollocks being spun. Plain and simple. I guarantee this is the stadium name as long as ashley owns the club...without paying for it....John hall said himself it was the main reason he bought it.

I bet somewhere in this 36 page thread someone posted a jokey comment along the lines of "he'll be renaming it the Sports Direct Arena next", followed by a laughing smilie.

Instead of immediately changing the name to something which won't benefit the club at all, could they not have just made it clear that naming rights were up for sale? Is there any need for having a supposed placeholder there as an example to potential investors? Like .com said, the fallout from this could in fact put investors off.

Edited by Tecato

10m a season to destory our history and for something as fucking shit as Sport Direct Arena? Howay., its like one of the joke MLS teams would have. We are Newcastle United. One of the most famous and grandest teams in the game. If we let this twat get away with this then fuck knows when it will end up.

£10m a year is what Arsenal got. We'll be lucky to get half that.

With shirt sponsorship too but aye, its not clear who would be willing to pay that amount.

In the land, where I was born

Lived me Da, who supported NUFC

and he told me of his life

Watchin the Toon at SJP

We support the Toon at St James's Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

FUCK YOU

;)

In the land, where I was born

Lived me Da, who supported NUFC

and he told me of his life

Watchin the Toon at SJP

St James' Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

FUCK YOU

;)

Pipe down you. It was you who gave him the fucking idea. <_<

Mike Ashley count not give a blind fuck about you, your kids, your parents or friends and every bit of joy or sadness that has ever been felt for this club. He cares NOTHING about what this club is. It means NOTHING to him. Its an annoyance, an irritation. He will do ANYTHING for a few quid. Bit by bit he will destroy the club. You are not important. Your views mean nothing. The money you put into the club as a ratio of your income means nothing to him.

Very soon at what was a football club near you - "Welcome to the Sports Direct Arena - home of the Newcastle Lillywhites"

What a cunt of a man, an absolute fucking prick. He doesn't deserve to step into OUR stadium, let alone re-name the fucker.