Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... you're being serious?

Just sick and tired of Ashley, he is a cunt. Shepherd is the only alternative at the moment and a much better one. He has his faults but it's like choosing to commit suicide by being castrated or taking a set of pills. Long story short, I rather take the pills.

Edited by Flair

I've never ever softened my stance to this fat doylem, I never will I hate him. Just look forward to the day this fat waste of air dies or gets bored and we get a new owner who will surely get rid of this horrific insult to the fans. I feel sick to the bottom of my stomach the longer I think about this the worse it is, my earlier post about getting behind the team isn't even sitting well with me anymore this fat cunt is ruining everything he's mutating the club I grew up with, the club I love what a horrible arrogant total cunt of a man.

This total shitbag isn't doing this for profits anymore this is a precise calculated swift kick to the collective bollocks of everyone born and raised in and around Newcastle, as has already been said he could have simply sold the rights but he knew NOONE would touch them same as noone would touch the naming rights for Old Trafford or Anfield. I hate him and will not type what I wish on this mug.

The question was based on preference elicitation methods,

:icon_lol:

hal_9000.jpg

:icon_lol:

I wonder if the Fat Cunt will have the audacity to auction of the SJP sign, like he tried with the East Stand.

How did that auction go btw, anyone know?

I've never ever softened my stance to this fat doylem, I never will I hate him. Just look forward to the day this fat waste of air dies or gets bored and we get a new owner who will surely get rid of this horrific insult to the fans. I feel sick to the bottom of my stomach the longer I think about this the worse it is, my earlier post about getting behind the team isn't even sitting well with me anymore this fat cunt is ruining everything he's mutating the club I grew up with, the club I love what a horrible arrogant total cunt of a man.

This total shitbag isn't doing this for profits anymore this is a precise calculated swift kick to the collective bollocks of everyone born and raised in and around Newcastle, as has already been said he could have simply sold the rights but he knew NOONE would touch them same as noone would touch the naming rights for Old Trafford or Anfield. I hate him and will not type what I wish on this mug.

Man U could and likely will sell their naming rights. When they realise their noisy neighbour is moving further and further away from them on the pitch they will see selling their name as the only way to stop a gap opening. When SAF departs / dies/ strokes out / cirrhosis (most likely outcome) they will be massively vulnerable. Think of the deal that City have recently done worth £400m - not that NUFC could attract such revenues.

"After a week of bidding, the letters finally went under the virtual hammer for a total of £15,536.13 (minus commission). The higest price paid for one individual letter was £3100.00 for the first “N” in the sign to go on sale, though the other “N”, which was exactly the same went for a far more modest £959.99. The chepest of the letters was the letter “I”, which went for a mere £555.44."

http://www.nufcblog.org/2011/10/old-newcastle-united-east-stand-sign-finally-sells-for-15536-13-on-ebay/

"After a week of bidding, the letters finally went under the virtual hammer for a total of £15,536.13 (minus commission). The higest price paid for one individual letter was £3100.00 for the first “N” in the sign to go on sale, though the other “N”, which was exactly the same went for a far more modest £959.99. The chepest of the letters was the letter “I”, which went for a mere £555.44."

http://www.nufcblog.org/2011/10/old-newcastle-united-east-stand-sign-finally-sells-for-15536-13-on-ebay/

That went well then. :scratchchin:

Think of the deal that City have recently done worth £400m - not that NUFC could attract such revenues.

But it's not a real sponsorship deal, it's the owner ploughing money into the club via sponsorship to circumvent the new UEFA rules!

think its daft to rock the boat , if it brings money into the club in the long run so be it , all i care about is what happens on the pitch .

when all is said and done , lets not forget the hundreds of millions the bloke has got tied up in the club .

I read that earlier, from a branding perspective, the Puma deal contradicts some of what he says. The core point that its a shit brand with shit connotation is correct. The problem is, SD is not an aspirational brand, its meant to tap into the same parts of the brain targeted by repetitive cheap advertising based on recall not emotional associations. Which is why its a shit brand, it doesnt actually try to be anything else.

As a piece on the background to Ashley and NUFC its mostly drivel though.

Bring on the mooted Jumbotron screen/s, complete with bombardment advertising.

Edited by Year Zero

Is it not the case that it will always be St James' Park, whatever someone else chooses to call it? Obviously, this has been done now for the reasons given (international break, away games, cheap season tickets sold), but the reality is that no fan will ever call it SDA or even Nike/Puma/Bank of England etc Arena. Frankly, I doubt many commentators/journalists will either. There have been many occasions in Australia where this happens, seemingly every season, and it just gets called by its correct name.

I totally agree with the history issue, but history is not something you can change by renaming it (some totalitarian countries excepted, of course). History simply is and always will be what it is!

I cannot see how this is going to help NUFC, though. My only thought therefore is that this is not a means of getting sponsorship (and therefore money) for NUFC. It is a means of getting sponsorship for SD at no cost. As MA is not spending any money on NUFC, he is looking to benefit his other investments by cheap exposure on television every week. As a result, we may well see SD on the shirts next year. While fans will not be paying for them, the brand is being pushed on the subconscious constantly.

Just in case there is any doubt though, he is a complete and utter arsehole!

I'm tempting fate to even suggest this even if it"s more of a pisstake remark directed at the current situation. What next... as the proverbial two fingered salute at the club's heritage continues to linger, and this is the bonus for him re- the mutual level disdain that exists between owner & supporter, all the while SD continues to absorb NUFC into it's global conglomerate of brands?

...... blue & red trimming, to accompany the black & white stripes, on future instalments of the home kits?

Edited by Year Zero

Is it not the case that it will always be St James' Park, whatever someone else chooses to call it? Obviously, this has been done now for the reasons given (international break, away games, cheap season tickets sold), but the reality is that no fan will ever call it SDA or even Nike/Puma/Bank of England etc Arena. Frankly, I doubt many commentators/journalists will either. There have been many occasions in Australia where this happens, seemingly every season, and it just gets called by its correct name.

I totally agree with the history issue, but history is not something you can change by renaming it (some totalitarian countries excepted, of course). History simply is and always will be what it is!

I cannot see how this is going to help NUFC, though. My only thought therefore is that this is not a means of getting sponsorship (and therefore money) for NUFC. It is a means of getting sponsorship for SD at no cost. As MA is not spending any money on NUFC, he is looking to benefit his other investments by cheap exposure on television every week. As a result, we may well see SD on the shirts next year. While fans will not be paying for them, the brand is being pushed on the subconscious constantly.

Just in case there is any doubt though, he is a complete and utter arsehole!

Many stadiums in Australia have been shared venues over the years, particularly Aussie Rules and Rugby League. A historical claim to any one venue, on the supporters' part, is a non-factor when compared to a place of such historical significance (as SJP) in a one-team city. Football supporters in Oz don't bat an eyelid in the instance of a stadium name change, and this plays a major part. Hardly anybody in Brisbane refers to Suncorp Stadium as 'Lang Park' anymore.

Many stadiums in Australia have been shared venues over the years, particularly Aussie Rules and Rugby League. A historical claim to any one venue, on the supporters' part, is a non-factor when compared to a place of such historical significance (as SJP) in a one-team city. Football supporters in Oz don't bat an eyelid in the instance of a stadium name change, and this plays a major part. Hardly anybody in Brisbane refers to Suncorp Stadium as 'Lang Park' anymore.

I was thinking more about Docklands, Subiaco, but I take the point about Suncorp

The outcry at this will leave any company worth its salt not wanting to touch us with a barge pole btw

They already won't have wanted to get involved anyway as anyone with a shred of intelligence would know that there would be a largely negative reaction to renaming St James' Park.

I suppose it only makes sense as something to absorb the negative reaction prior to a shift to a proper sponsor, however the chances of that happening are remote at best. Precisely how they can get away with changing it to this without seeing a single pound of payment for it is ridiculous. They should either charge Sports Direct the going rate for such a change or have called it the Your Name Here Stadium with a big phone number and a link to the ebay auction.

As a showcase to potential investors, all this will demonstrate is how they can get "*insert brand name here* is fucking shit" chanted by a stadium full of people. This isn't about showcasing what stadium naming rights are (the clue is in the fucking title). It's about free advertising for twat boy, and it's about reminding the thick geordies who the daddy is, in case they'd forgotten.

And throughout all the shit over the last few years, your average mong fan has continued to buy the shirt. Him sticking Sports Direct on the front of it won't make too much of a dent in shirt sales, cos your average drone will still buy it.

As for "it'll never be Sports Direct Arena to me". Well it will be to Sky (Super Sunday this week comes to you live from the Sports Direct Arena...), and it will be to any journo.

I understand the argument that this is the modern game, and all the rest of it, but that only holds up if the sponsor is actually handing over cash and the club is benefitting from it. NUFC aren't benefitting here, they're being used as a free billboard. And this won't change in the summer. Even if it does, we'll have gone from a club with one stadium name for the last 130 years to a club with 3 stadium names within a year. Classy.

Having said all that, IF he is lining up a deal to sell the club in the summer (see HF's America thread), then changing the name now is a canny move. Taking the hit for initial fan reaction to 130 years of history being sold down the river, and being able to point out to a potential purchaser that "these twats will love you just for taking my brand name off the stadium" might make sense.

And throughout all the shit over the last few years, your average mong fan has continued to buy the shirt. Him sticking Sports Direct on the front of it won't make too much of a dent in shirt sales, cos your average drone will still buy it.

Even if there was a dent in shirt sales it would do nothing more than give them motivation to sell off the club even further.

"Due to a decrease in merchandise revenue it is with deep regret than the club has had no choice but to sell Fabricio Coloccini. These measures were required to ensure that Newcastle United is run in a responsible manner allowing it to comply with the forthcoming financial fairplay stipulations.

In other news, Alan Smith has signed a new contract that will keep him at Sports Direct Arena until 2015. The ceremony to officially name his seat on the Sports Direct bench will take place at Sports Direct Arena next Thursday, with Newcastle United members admitted freely if wearing next seasons Sports Direct strip."

Even the BBC are taking the piss. On Breakfast their little sports fella just looked into the camera and said "Good morning Newcastle United fans. I know you're just waking up. From now on your games will be played at the Sports Direct Arena."

So HF are you saying that when SD inevitably become our shirt sponsors, this will also be free?

I honestly did believe you were brighter than this.

By linking the shirt deal with the toxic naming rights and quoting £10m for the privilege he's basically minimising the chance of anyone actually taking up the deal. Which means in a years time we will be wandering round with SD on our tops.

You're going to mock me here but I think there's worse to come.

Nov 11 - stadium name change to "promote the advertising potential"

Feb 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Colo "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 12 - no new sponsors therefore SD on shirts to "further promote the advertising potential".

Oct 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Tiote & Cabaye "protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Feb 13 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Ba, HBA & Krul "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 13 - Club announce they've been forced to add to sponsorship benefits. "have the strips in your corporate colours with your name on the front "amazing chance to fully sponsor a major Championship club for only £50m per season". Sports Direct step in and graciously offer to let us use Blue & Red as a showcase.

Aug 15 - "On Sky Sports 7 today we have the clash of the titans, our new First Division coverage starts with a trip to the Sports Direct Arena as Sports Direct FC take on Brighton" meanwhile Football Club United Newcastle play their inaugural game against Hebburn Labour Club in front of a 30k crowd.

I've made the statement & I stand by it. I will never set foot inside the Sports Direct Arena unless it is to take part in some organised protest, this is our club and our stadium it is not a corporate brand. It is Newcastle United FC @ St James' Park