Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

So HF are you saying that when SD inevitably become our shirt sponsors, this will also be free?

I honestly did believe you were brighter than this.

By linking the shirt deal with the toxic naming rights and quoting £10m for the privilege he's basically minimising the chance of anyone actually taking up the deal. Which means in a years time we will be wandering round with SD on our tops.

You're going to mock me here but I think there's worse to come.

Nov 11 - stadium name change to "promote the advertising potential"

Feb 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Colo "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 12 - no new sponsors therefore SD on shirts to "further promote the advertising potential".

Oct 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Tiote & Cabaye "protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Feb 13 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Ba, HBA & Krul "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 13 - Club announce they've been forced to add to sponsorship benefits. "have the strips in your corporate colours with your name on the front "amazing chance to fully sponsor a major Championship club for only £50m per season". Sports Direct step in and graciously offer to let use use Blue & Red as a showcase.

Aug 15 - "On Sky Sports 7 today we have the clash of the titans, our new First Division coverage starts with a trip to the Sports Direct Arena as Sports Direct FC take on Brighton" meanwhile Football Club United Newcastle play their inaugural game against Hebburn Labour Club in front of a 30k crowd.

I've made the statement & I stand by it. I will never set foot inside the Sports Direct Arena unless it is to take part in some organised protest, this is our club and our stadium it is not a corporate brand. It is Newcastle United FC @ St James' Park

So you will be giving them the very excuse you state they need for all those things you predict.

It is and always will be SJP, ignore it.

Oh, and you'll never get 30K in Hebburn, it's south of the river, Newcastle can't be based south of the water, nee fucker'd go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambias on Radio Newcastle after 8 this morning. I won't be listening to the lying prick, but just in case you wanted to.

Toonpack already got a semi at the thought of hearing his sweet, sultry tones sooth him with talk of Sports Direct United.

Same old Ashley taking the piss!

And I don't doubt the black and white stripes could be binned should any potential owner of the so called "kit naming rights" demand it.

Timing stinks too. 3 weeks before next home game? No coincidence there....

It'll always be st james park despite this cunts actiIons. The media didn't go along with it last time. I'm hopeful the likes of motd will still label the ground by its correct name. Sports direct arena ffs

It'll always be st james park despite this cunts actiIons. The media didn't go along with it last time. I'm hopeful the likes of motd will still label the ground by its correct name. Sports direct arena ffs

Not sure he cares. After a week of pr in the US every google of nufc for a month will return a story on sports direct. He couldn't buy that publicity on tyne tees.

an antagonistic approach gets him much more press.....and like a genius, this is the second time he's done the same trick.

Waiting for the usual suspects to come riding in saying Arsenal City etc have done the same thing, and if the choice is Champions league fotball or the name what would you have.

I wont even bother replying, Im sure we wont see a fucking penny of the "increased income".

Let’s be realistic here - there is no way that Ashley has any intention of selling the naming rights to St James Park.

This is nothing more than a cynical attempt for him to cash in his investment in the club with ample free advertising for sports direct. Lets just look at the ridiculous amount of branding he's already graffitied throughout the stadium. If he was actually paying for any of the enormous signage he's already put up, or more importantly, sold the space to others, there would already be millions flowing into the club. Instead? He gets it all for free.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/09/st-james-park-to-be-renamed-sports-direct-arena-by-newcastle-united-72703-29749547/#ixzz1dHt4qv4X

Edited by Saltwater

Not sure when this broke as I was out last night and have just got up with a stinking hangover which doesn't change the fact that this reinforces my desire to see the cunt dead.

I don't care if we win the league this year - some things are unforgiveable.

What The Chronicle needs to do is take a fucking stand and keep referring to our home ground as St. James park. Im gonna vomit every time I read "Sports direct arena"

This is the key like. Not just the Chronicle, we need all the press, especially the beeb, to call it by it's rightful name.

Remember when he bleated on about being unable to take his family to the game because he feared for their safety? I hope the cunt's got plenty security booked…

Whilst I'm fucking seething , it's not a total surprise when you look at what's happened over recent months - the changing of the East Stand signs, the defacing of the outside of the Milburn & Gallowgate, the Gallowgate roof etc.

Just in case anyone had any doubt about his contempt for us, he's made it absolutely crystal clear now.

And Stevie, you're the only one on here who has hasn't softened their attitude to him? …Really? Pipe down man

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here". Aye so can I, to a place he can make as much money as possible, while actually using us. As a business he's making us as an attractive a proposition for a buyer as possible, fine, but don't fuckin decimate and desecrate our heritage doing it.

The word you used "defacing" the two stands, is perfect, that's exactly what it is. It's like someone getting a tattoo of a cock on their cheek, that's how bad it looks.

Stevie man seriously have a word! :lol:

Majority of people have commented that Pardew is due praise that wasn't forthcoming this time last year but you can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the number of people posting on here who have a good word to say about Ashley - and even less about Llambias.

Lambias on Radio Newcastle after 8 this morning. I won't be listening to the lying prick, but just in case you wanted to.

Toonpack already got a semi at the thought of hearing his sweet, sultry tones sooth him with talk of Sports Direct United.

How old are you, seriously ??

Btw, What will you call the ground from now on ???

I would guess the same as me and everyone I know (and I would suggest every person in the North East and most likely football supporters everywhere), it will be St James' Park.

The fact that Sky "may" refer to it differently in their shows is irrelevant. As I said it is and always will be SJP.

Listening to BBC Newcastle, interview with DL. Glad to hear them asking the difficult questions. Usual bullshit coming from him. Says he hopes to generate £8-£10M per year. That will give us 1 additional new player per year. Wanker had the audacity to say fans want a new striker in January... how thick does he think we are?

Ashley Out banners and chants and an overall poisonous atmosphere at the next home match, leading to a loss of form and an eventual 11th place finish.

Which no doubt the blame of which will all be left with the fans......

Remember when he bleated on about being unable to take his family to the game because he feared for their safety? I hope the cunt's got plenty security booked…

Whilst I'm fucking seething , it's not a total surprise when you look at what's happened over recent months - the changing of the East Stand signs, the defacing of the outside of the Milburn & Gallowgate, the Gallowgate roof etc.

Just in case anyone had any doubt about his contempt for us, he's made it absolutely crystal clear now.

And Stevie, you're the only one on here who has hasn't softened their attitude to him? …Really? Pipe down man

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here". Aye so can I, to a place he can make as much money as possible, while actually using us. As a business he's making us as an attractive a proposition for a buyer as possible, fine, but don't fuckin decimate and desecrate our heritage doing it.

The word you used "defacing" the two stands, is perfect, that's exactly what it is. It's like someone getting a tattoo of a cock on their cheek, that's how bad it looks.

Stevie man seriously have a word! :lol:

Majority of people have commented that Pardew is due praise that wasn't forthcoming this time last year but you can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the number of people posting on here who have a good word to say about Ashley - and even less about Llambias.

I can't remember saying anything positive about Ashley personally. That goes for the majority of the board as far as I see it. Consensus is we're doing well on the pitch but off it, the owner is still a prize cunt.

Shame innit. There was some good vibes building about the place for the first time in ages then he attempts another arse raping like this. I hate the fat cunt.

As a showcase to potential investors, all this will demonstrate is how they can get "*insert brand name here* is fucking shit" chanted by a stadium full of people. This isn't about showcasing what stadium naming rights are (the clue is in the fucking title). It's about free advertising for twat boy, and it's about reminding the thick geordies who the daddy is, in case they'd forgotten.

And throughout all the shit over the last few years, your average mong fan has continued to buy the shirt. Him sticking Sports Direct on the front of it won't make too much of a dent in shirt sales, cos your average drone will still buy it.

As for "it'll never be Sports Direct Arena to me". Well it will be to Sky (Super Sunday this week comes to you live from the Sports Direct Arena...), and it will be to any journo.

Word for word almost what I said last night minus swear words.

What The Chronicle needs to do is take a fucking stand and keep referring to our home ground as St. James park. Im gonna vomit every time I read "Sports direct arena"

This is the key like. Not just the Chronicle, we need all the press, especially the beeb, to call it by it's rightful name.

In fairness, they will. As long as the club don't start threatening to ban journos who don't use its official name.

Ashley Out banners and chants and an overall poisonous atmosphere at the next home match, leading to a loss of form and an eventual 11th place finish.

Which no doubt the blame of which will all be left with the fans......

Which would be right tbh, if indeed, there's a detrimental or poisonous atmosphere on match days.

He owns the club lock stock and barrell, he can and will do what he wants, when he wants, no amount of angst will change that. It could however effect the team on matchday, which I always thought was the only important thing.

I don't think we minded all the gauche free advertising he's Plastered all over the ground. Obviously we'd rather it wasn't there but you can live with that. Changing the name of the ground is just sacrilege. It's different when it's a new ground. This is st James park and always will be.

So HF are you saying that when SD inevitably become our shirt sponsors, this will also be free?

I honestly did believe you were brighter than this.

By linking the shirt deal with the toxic naming rights and quoting £10m for the privilege he's basically minimising the chance of anyone actually taking up the deal. Which means in a years time we will be wandering round with SD on our tops.

You're going to mock me here but I think there's worse to come.

Nov 11 - stadium name change to "promote the advertising potential"

Feb 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Colo "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 12 - no new sponsors therefore SD on shirts to "further promote the advertising potential".

Oct 12 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Tiote & Cabaye "protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Feb 13 - Llambias blames fans for lack of transfer purchases & sale of Ba, HBA & Krul "your protests against name change is putting sponsors off"

Aug 13 - Club announce they've been forced to add to sponsorship benefits. "have the strips in your corporate colours with your name on the front "amazing chance to fully sponsor a major Championship club for only £50m per season". Sports Direct step in and graciously offer to let us use Blue & Red as a showcase.

Aug 15 - "On Sky Sports 7 today we have the clash of the titans, our new First Division coverage starts with a trip to the Sports Direct Arena as Sports Direct FC take on Brighton" meanwhile Football Club United Newcastle play their inaugural game against Hebburn Labour Club in front of a 30k crowd.

I've made the statement & I stand by it. I will never set foot inside the Sports Direct Arena unless it is to take part in some organised protest, this is our club and our stadium it is not a corporate brand. It is Newcastle United FC @ St James' Park

:lol: They aren't in the Alphabet league, they're in some mackem variation.