Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

<p>

I would like to say that as a everton fan (please don't shoot me down in flames just yet!!) I am completely disgusted that ashley & co even considered to do this, let along go through with it!. I won't be buying anything from sports direct either and i hope that many others from other clubs follow suit. Its high time that we all stand together against these so owners who are hell bent on making cash and ruining clubs history and tradition in the process. I truly hope that you guys protest and get the name changed back to what it rightly should be!!

Darren

Well said, it is about time that the full might of football fans was seen, whether it be against a brand such as Sports Direct, the Glazers or some attempt by the FA to push another anti-fan agenda. There are millions of fans out there, the thought that many would come together to damage a corporation that is ruining one club is an amazing one but sadly, something that is unlikely to happen.If only we had a Supporters Trust type of organisation that actually gave a shit, maybe then they'd work with their counterparts across the land at times like this. They'd definitely get my tenner again I know that much (and Id destroy those pics I have of a certain fanzine editor and another board member :o

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a petition not to show up for the chelsea game. Make Info stands with flyers outside SJP and hand it out generously. Would be fantastic. Also - banners with Sportsdirect competitors on as many stands as possible.

now THAt I would like to see :lol:

Following on from the earlier discussion about the additional benefits of this.

Currently on google there are

4,580,000 pages contain the phrase "St James Park" and also "nufc"

52,800 of these also contain "Sports Direct" though, so the figure becomes 4,527,200

There are currently 1,610,000 pages with the phrase "Sports Direct"

So, hypothetically, if all of those pages were to be updated to the new name then Sports Direct would have a web presence of 6,137,200 pages

compare that to his competitors and he's way ahead.

"JJB Sports" - 1,320,000

"JD Sports" - 1,580,000

and puts him on a par with other major retailers such as Morrisons (6.7m),

if hes looking into cracking USA then thats not going to do the company any harm at all.

simplest protest is to produce banners the size of the advertising hordings at SJP that simply say "St James' Park" then at a set time during the Chelsea match place them over every available Sports Direct sign. The cameras would pick it up straight away and we could ensure that anyone with a camera get a pic.

In the meantime this is what we can expect.

sd.jpg

Look, at the end of the day the bloke knows what he's doing. As above the Sports Direct brand is going to be enormous now not just in the UK but across the world. I disagree totally with the whole 'concept' of showcasing it for potential suiters though. They should just admit that they want to use the owner's business to sponsor the ground which makes perfect sense from side. There's not a chance in hell that SD are going to step aside from all that advertising and let another business hoar their brand. The whole £8-10m a season is great in principle but until SD start paying that then its just an absolute fucking joke.

Anyway, of all the names to call it where did 'Arena' come from ffs!

simplest protest is to produce banners the size of the advertising hordings at SJP that simply say "St James' Park" then at a set time during the Chelsea match place them over every available Sports Direct sign. The cameras would pick it up straight away and we could ensure that anyone with a camera get a pic.

sd.jpg

yea they have a right to do this id love to see ashleys face on that

sd.jpg

Thats actually quite a good idea. Im not doing the signs on the East Stand though or the Gallowgate roof!

Not at all happy about this. We wont even see the money as it's a paper transaction. Not that it matters, I'd sonner forego the £8m and keep the name thanks.

Nice timing though, teams doing well and there's a 3 week break. Plenty of time for the furore to die down before the next match and the masses to have accepted it.

Somehow I dont think the waters will calm themselves this time.. its a step too far. Players, Coaches and managers - all replacable and somewhat expendable. Once you start tampering with the very essence of the club though... even those who do not care about fotball find this repulsive..

Somehow I dont think the waters will calm themselves this time.. its a step too far. Players, Coaches and managers - all replacable and somewhat expendable. Once you start tampering with the very essence of the club though... even those who do not care about fotball find this repulsive..

Especially if we get stuffed off both Manchester clubs in the lead up, which is very possible.

He is counting on us not to risk upsetting the team and their performance by boicotting and protesting. He is holding the team hostage as an assett he knows we love and want to protect. We have to do like Ashley - Gamble basically. Gamble on our squad not being affected by protests and boicotts. We have to turn our back on the club, but silently support our squad.

I cant really see this ending well, there is bound to be collateral even though I`d prefer it if it werent.

You have to basically be willing to let the first team go down the shitter if thats what it takes to get the cunt out...

Obviously tell them through all available channels that we support pardew and the players but the board and owner can go fuck themselves. There is no way around boicotting the home games, it has to be done to prove a point. Nothing else has proved or will prove to be effective.

Do I want us to be successful with this owner? Im not sure anymore. Will be a hollow pleasure if that happends... which it wont.

Edited by Saltwater

Should be a petition not to show up for the chelsea game. Make Info stands with flyers outside SJP and hand it out generously. Would be fantastic. Also - banners with Sportsdirect competitors on as many stands as possible.

now THAt I would like to see :lol:

If they 'ask' people to take them down citing that they're receiving free advertisement, request to see proof of payment for any of the Sports Direct signage.

It really annoys me the sheer laziness and ineptness of a lot of the media in this country. 'Its all about money now, it'll always be St. James's to the fans, you need the money, £8-10M this'll bring you and you moan?, jibber, wibble etc'.

They back Ashley and straight away buy the £8-10M complete red herring that Dekka has fed them with. Jesus Christ, man, we're not going to see £8-10M because nobody will pay that. I know it, Mike and Dekka know it and most supporters know it. He's trying to substitute St. James' Park for Sports Direct as he feels it'll be great business for his main love, SD, not because NUFC will get anything out of it.

What would it accomplish though? "Oh lookie a protest". doubt He would give two fucks. What we need to do is bring banners of his competitors and just cover up everything :lol:

This is true. KITBAG.COM should be put up everywhere by people, buy a t-shirt with it printed on and turn up to the match like that for starters.

Ashley, and his company, regard Newcastle fans and our feelings as a nuisance. And operate accordingly.

We've done it again Derek. I told you the Geordies are thick! St. James' Park by the way, get that fucked off in the morning.

I've never committed criminal damage in my life, well once when I was young and daft but no one ever found out, but I'm telling you now. The sign on the wall beside the stairs on Barrack Road, St James' Park, if they put Sports Direct Arena there I will go down and pull it down and I will.

Fire off a mail to them and ask for say 500 shirts for display on the next Live match on Sky. Free advertisement.

Then hand em out to fans entering SJP. The only thing beating not showing up for a match, is showing up with a Kitbag shirt. Sure to grab the cameras attention also, giving Kitbag even more free advertising :lol:

A big Kitbag banner would also be nice.