Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeazesMag resorting to touting people to reply to him... :lol:

most people realise I've been right all along now, apart from the grey man, Toonpack and Gejon [because of his Newcastle Online backround and the fact he's still listening to knackers like Mick]

Anyway, I'm off again for the weekend, but we've no game this weekend to comment on, win, lose or draw.

Good time for Mike Ashley to pull another stunt for the masses. Oh wait........

The worst part of anything like this happening is Leazes using it to score points. Daft carry-on when we're clearly all feeling the same about it.

Yeah but HE told YOU this 4 years ago and YOU didn't listen to HIM.

Maybe in future YOU will.

so should you, and those arseholes on your other message board.

Not my message board and as we have been through many, many times now we have well established I have never said the things you claim everyone has. As someone mentioned earlier, your sig would be put to better use putting posts like this in it so we wouldn't have to remind you over and over again.

its also well established by now, that everything I said years ago [including the things I was banned for saying which YOU generally agreed with] have all actually happened. You should listen to me too.

End of.

The worst part of anything like this happening is Leazes using it to score points. Daft carry-on when we're clearly all feeling the same about it.

Not my message board and as we have been through many, many times now we have well established I have never said the things you claim everyone has. As someone mentioned earlier, your sig would be put to better use putting posts like this in it so we wouldn't have to remind you over and over again.

its also well established by now, that everything I said years ago [including the things I was banned for saying which YOU generally agreed with] have all actually happened. You should listen to me too.

End of.

Agreed with you being banned because your a boring old cunt, as is for all to see over here.

End of.

Agreed with you being banned because your a boring old cunt, as is for all to see over here.

shame, that people object to hearing things they don't want to hear, but turn out to be correct.

Who's the boring cunts ?

End of.

shame, that people object to hearing things they don't want to hear, but turn out to be correct.

Who's the boring cunts ?

You, I just told you that. Memory isn't what it was is it? :lol:

End of.

Who's the boring cunts ?

You, I just told you that. Memory isn't what it was is it? :lol:

I remember perfectly what I told you for years.

It would appear that you and others, have forgotten, as you need to be reminded.

Yes we need to be reminded, at least 20 times a day. If only someone could reminds us 20 times a day, ever day.

I thought you just said in the "poppy" thread that you were educated ?

Has that lemonade gone to your head already ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Yes we need to be reminded, at least 20 times a day. If only someone could reminds us 20 times a day, ever day.

I thought you just said in the "poppy" thread that you were educated ?

Has that lemonade gone to your head already ?

You still can't read, at your age.

Forgot, werthers originals and your teeth. Have fun.

It all kicked off as I started a long weekend, so I've been frustratingly quiet via my phone, but finally in a hotel with good wifi (and a complimentary Mac in every room :omgwank: ) so, sorry if I repeat any thoughts but I've got loads, so here are my top 10....

1. NUFC and Spots Direct aren't Ashley's children. Sports Direct is an only child. He's moved into St James Park like an ambitious parent moves close to the best catholic school and pretends to be religious, to increase opportunity for his child.

2. ‘‘Newcastle was a brand to him and he wanted to use it to market his business abroad” said Hall.

3. For the above reasons, any suggestion that this will bring in funds is complete hogwash.

4. For the above reasons any comparison to Chelsea/Arsenal or any other club with a sponsors name on a stand is hogwash.

5. For the above reasons any comparison to a stadium move or the rebuilding of a stand is complete hogwash.

6. Even if a name change WAS used to bring in funds, it would not be reinvested in the team. We have a strict policy of not wasting spending money on things like proven goalscorers.

7. I don't think he'll have us playing in blue and red strips...I think he'll change a lot of the seats in the stadium to blue and red to spell out "Sports Direct" at some point though.

8. I'd be interested to know how many NUFC shirts are sold locally and how many are sold worldwide. I still can't decide if it's financially astute to put the Sports Direct name on the shirt. My initial thought was it would be a financial decision, so it wouldn't happen, as local sales would crash, but given point 1, I think that move would be excellent for his international interests with Sports Direct...so it will happen, whatever the cost to NUFC.

9. Following the logic of point 1, any sort of outcry/protest/reaction suits Mike Ashley down to the ground as it increases exposure of Sports Direct. This was true of the Keegan sacking, the first name change, pretending to sell, appointing Kinnear/Shearer, relegation, sacking Hughton etc. What Ashley is doing is a tightrope act of Keeping Newcastle in the upper echelons. and in the news by making many shrewd football decisions and offsetting those with controversial decisions to promote himself...and by extension his company.

10. Ashley is a cunt

Edited by Happy Face

It all kicked off as I started a long weekend, so I've been frustratingly quiet via my phone, but finally in a hotel with good wifi (and a complimentary Mac in every room :omgwank: ) so, sorry if I repeat any thoughts but I've got loads, so here are my top 10....

1. NUFC and Spots Direct aren't Ashley's children. Sports Direct is an only child. He's moved into St James Park like an ambitious parent moves close to the best catholic school and pretends to be religious, to increase opportunity for his child.

2. ‘‘Newcastle was a brand to him and he wanted to use it to market his business abroad” said Hall.

3. For the above reasons, any suggestion that this will bring in funds is complete hogwash.

4. For the above reasons any comparison to Chelsea/Arsenal or any other club with a sponsors name on a stand is hogwash.

5. For the above reasons any comparison to a stadium move or the rebuilding of a stand is complete hogwash.

6. Even if a name change WAS used to bring in funds, it would not be reinvested in the team. We have a strict policy of not wasting spending money on things like proven goalscorers.

7. I don't think he'll have us playing in blue and red strips...I think he'll change a lot of the seats in the stadium to blue and red to spell out "Sports Direct" at some point though.

8. I'd be interested to know how many NUFC shirts are sold locally and how many are sold worldwide. I still can't decide if it's financially astute to put the Sports Direct name on the shirt. My initial thought was it would be a financial decision, so it wouldn't happen, as local sales would crash, but given point 1, I think that move would be excellent for his international interests with Sports Direct...so it will happen, whatever the cost to NUFC.

9. Following the logic of point 1, any sort of outcry/protest/reaction suits Mike Ashley down to the ground as it increases exposure of Sports Direct. This was true of the Keegan sacking, the first name change, pretending to sell, appointing Kinnear/Shearer, relegation, sacking Hughton etc. What Ashley is doing is a tightrope act of Keeping Newcastle in the upper echelons. and in the news by making many shrewd football decisions and offsetting those with controversial decisions to promote himself...and by extension his company.

10. Ashley is a Cunterhead

:clapping:

(Tidied point 10)

10. Ashley is a cunt

best post for a while

The point I was making about arsenal was that it's an example of the death of tradition or heritage in the game that precedes and on a greater scale than this situation. The fact that it is justified because of the huge commercial gain was not the point. It's a busy thread so some people may be replying to replies but the point was; moving a stadium is a bigger loss to footballing heritage than a reversible name change. My hope is that the name change won't last and that the council's decision to leave signposts round the city will ensure the name will endure and this part won't be lost. The main idea I was trying to convey was a small point about the media portraying it as worse than moving a stadium because the commercial benefits are bigger and clearer. This is unfair because it should be criticised for the affront to heritage or because the benefits don't justify that change. The argument presented was that changing a stadium location, building a new one and naming it something different is less of an affront to heritage than a name change that can be reversed. The size of the commercial gain is not relevant to a simple assessment of the loss of heritage to the game. Arsenal lost more heritage but gain hugely, we lost less heritage but gain fuck all. One loss is smaller than the other but our loss was being presented as the bigger because of the commercial side which is just like saying it's ok to tear down the pyramids if you give the Egyptian govt $100bn.

Anyway, the thing about the street signs is the best news of the day as that means part of the heritage is preserved, reducing the loss.