Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's another tacky bit of marketing if it is the case but I hope it doesn't get in the way of the more pressing issue, i.e. the poor transfer window on the back of the money raised / promises made in January. Because you know what the press'll get their teeth stuck into - why do Geordies think they're so special? How's it any different to The Emirates etc.? And before you know it the lack of a striker incoming will be forgotten about in their eyes.

Btw, wasn't the stadium rebranded just after Hughton got the job as manager (as opposed to being in the 'caretaker' role)? I.e. to deflect attention away from an unpopular decision*.

*I know Hughton did well but you could see why fans would view it as an unambitious move at the time.

They've taken down C, U, N and T

:clapping:

mmm good spot . the way the rig is 'set' doesn't look as though cantilevered (i.e. access higher up the fascia not possible ?)

could be aMakemfake - not read anything to go with this sole picture either

no sign of any 'removed' letters on the narrow gantry either ? do they take one down then descend/ascend ? mmmmm

Dr Fist - don't you do this kind of highwire shenanegans ? what's your diagnosis mate ? . .

#themysterymachine

ceGGG.jpg

It's a strange one , I'll say that.

Regarding fascia access , they must be able to access the whole way up on order to remove the top fixings on the letters.

The missing letters will be on the deck, you are only supposed to transport men and tools in cradles, so I'd say they are taking them to ground one by one.

What puzzles me is the random nature of removal. As stated, if they were all coming down, you'd just start at one end and work along.

That suggests to me that it's for maintenance purposes.

I hope so.

A simple statement from the club would clear this up, but that would mean them communicating with paying customers, wouldn't it?

Btw, doesn't look like the lads in the gantry have hard hats on, tsk tsk , naughty

Newcastle United bosses have confirmed that the sign is coming down, but say it will be replaced with new, identical lettering.

Miles Starforth of the Shields Gazzete!

Newcastle United bosses have confirmed that the sign is coming down, but say it will be replaced with new, identical lettering.

See, maybe I'm ultra cynical, but because it doesn't specifically say " no sports direct signage will be shat alongside it" , I'm expecting it to happen.

They're replacing it with "NEWCASTLE UNITED" except the letters are made from the Blackpool christmas lights and either side of the words will be Ashley's face flashing with a constant voiceover of him saying "ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!"

See, maybe I'm ultra cynical, but because it doesn't specifically say " no sports direct signage will be shat alongside it" , I'm expecting it to happen.

A club spokesman said they were unable to confirm or deny mounting speculation that commercial signage promoting owner Mike Ashley’s company, Sports Direct, would be added to the stand.

I'll take that as a confirmation then. Sad really, always made me proud to look at that sign.

Loving the new ava btw Stevie B)

Guest Your Name Here

Been trying to remember when the name of the club was added to the East Stand, think it was during the first stage of the redevelopment back in 93. Yes/No?

Guest Your Name Here
Where's that quote from Dr. Ken ?

Shield Gazette... a better source of info about NUFC than the EC.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-n...moval_1_3734326

Cheers mate.

Steve Wraith in that article. B)

Never met him , that I'm aware of, is he as big a tool as he comes across in that?

No idea. Some say he’s a canny a lad, others that he’s a full on tosser. Blatant self publicist and probably the only person capable of organising an effective supporters campaign, but probably not interested as most the people who make a living off the back of NUFC aren’t prepared to rock the boat.

The amount of petty politics in the nufc ‘scene’ is absurd, as I’m sure some on here could confirm.

Where's that quote from Dr. Ken ?

Shield Gazette... a better source of info about NUFC than the EC.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-n...moval_1_3734326

Cheers mate.

Steve Wraith in that article. B)

Never met him , that I'm aware of, is he as big a tool as he comes across in that?

Peasepud likes him, type of bloke who's intelligent enough to show people are variety of faces imo. All my experience of him is slyness when I played against his team, comes across as some sort of self appointed peoples voice, not one person can deny that.

"I broke the news on twitter six weeks ago, because when it comes to Newcastle United I'm an all powerful, all knowing figure head, universally respected from Boldon to Morpeth there ye are."

Edited by McFaul