Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, no "leading brand experts" would look at the suggestion, analyse the area and the context that the club is in and not go "you're a fucking mentalist"

One of the best football stadia in Europe forever associated with cheap fucking Gola tracksuit bottoms.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Just listened to the interview and it was interesting to note that the interviewer asked him what would happen if no one came in with an offer for the stadium name, Llambias replied that it would stay the SDA, no going back to SJP.

Cock.

I've my ticket for Chelsea but it'd be nice if EVERYONE stayed away to show how strongly we feel about this. Of all the things he's done to the club this is by far the worst. The match is live on Sky so it'd the perfect game to do it.

Listening to people on the street, it's clear that some aren't even football fans as well, they're saying why should some fucking southerner change the name of something which is part of the city, forget about football being played there, forget about football, what right does some thick fat bastard have the right to change the name of something in OUR CITY where we live? Something that is also the most iconic part of the city.

Guaranteed the fat speccy cunt is reading this thread giggling away to himself at some point today.....

I don't know bud, I think even Mr Wyn would be upset by the name change ;)

Woke up this morning completely sickened by this still. The 1881 T-shirts on .co.uk prove to me this move is exactly as Gemmill said earlier him saying 'I'm the boss' and just a kick to everyones bollocks. The upside for him is a ridiculous amount of free advertisement, in regard to ewerk's quote we all knew deep down he'd never change it back, I now find it difficult to believe that even when this fat cunt dies or sells the club that the stadium will ever officially be St James' Park again unless the new owner is a local why would they change it back? the outrage and storm over the change would have already been done and if the cunt does manage to wrangle a ten year deal or something along those lines it's done. The people saying it doesn't matter as we'll always call it SJP need to wake up as aside from the other millions or reasons mentioned as to why this is awful this is now ANOTHER thing opposing fans can hurt us with as soon as they want a rise out of us. I think it was mentioned earlier by HMHM but to a club like ours that hasn't had any silverware in so long pride and history are crucial to us the name St James' Park was a massive part of both it's not just a 'name' and anyone who says so is a complete and utter mug.

Edited by Barton7

Repeating myself, but I think the fan reaction is what he's after. Without it the name sports direct wouldn't be getting carried on the newswaves around the world free of charge.

it's not an inconsequential byproduct for him, but the aim, which is why he's renamed it twice now.

Agreed however it's a no win situation, kick off & he gets exposure, don't and he has our blessing to do this and more.

Repeating myself, but I think the fan reaction is what he's after. Without it the name sports direct wouldn't be getting carried on the newswaves around the world free of charge.

it's not an inconsequential byproduct for him, but the aim, which is why he's renamed it twice now.

Agreed however it's a no win situation, kick off & he gets exposure, don't and he has our blessing to do this and more.

Don't think he's be smiling though if come kick off the stadium is empty. He's just expecting fans to accept it and turn up as normal.

I'm still seething me like. That's after sleeping on it too. Fucking furious. Any cunt that isn't cant call themselves a true Newcastle fan if you ask me. Why would the likes of Toonpack choose a tIme like now to defend the owners actions? Reading lame attempts at justifying this move is only increasing my rage. We get absolutely nothing at all from this other than humiliation.

Steve Wraith and Lee Ryder on SSN saying how they can understand the reasons behind it.

Aye two massively respected figures on Tyneside.

:lol:

Shame they're getting the exposure like.

Listening to people on the street, it's clear that some aren't even football fans as well, they're saying why should some fucking southerner change the name of something which is part of the city, forget about football being played there, forget about football, what right does some thick fat bastard have the right to change the name of something in OUR CITY where we live? Something that is also the most iconic part of the city.

Spot on. It's a fucking disgrace. And people can say "but it'll aaalways be St. James like yinah" but you've got to think about 10-15 years into the future. Saltwater was right when he said people are quick to forget. You can forgive running out in cheap shitey Puma kits and plastering Sports Direct everywhere because you get the sense that such advertisement is part and parcel of football nowadays, as sad as it is. But to rename something that is deeply woven into the fabric of the city rankles people that aren't even associated with the club. You've got the likes of Danny Baker on twitter deriding it and he really should have no deep connection or ties either way. You're selling off tradition for 10 million, well not even that because no fucker with any sort of self-respect is going to deal with these two glorified market stall runners, and its symptomatic of the massive disrespect he's got for everyone from top to bottom.

He's in a position where he probably despises this football club but realises its power from a brand association POV. And he hates the club because he routinely tears apart anything the fans have any true connection with. Keegan was fucked off, Shearer was fucked off, Hughton was fucked off and there's even players who we connected with because of effort, because of their passion showed that have been tossed aside with little to no respect from the heirarchy. The only way he'll fuck off is if his own spacker-footed stewardship degrades NUFC to the point where it's no longer in a position to give Sports Direct any advertising or reputation boost. But by then, there'll probably be no way back for us.

I for one look forward to watching the Sports Direct All Stars playing at the Sports Direct Arena, after our move to Guernsey for tax reasons. I will be wearing my blue and red hoops and singing alone with pigbag when we score.

Anyway, we'll never sell the naming rights to the stadium, it will remain the SDA.

The fact we haven't yet found a shirt sponsor for next season isn't a very good sign either. Dekka has his pants around his ankles looking for a new sponsor. I hope it doesn't go down the route of the Spanish teams where many cannot attract a sponsor(I think WBA had trouble over here too). If we can't find one willing to pay a decent rate, I think we all know what to expect in massive print on next years kit.