Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's another p*ss on our chips moment from the fat git and his geppy sidekick, words cant describe the hatred i have for them. He's putting himself and SD ahead of Newcastle United and ever more before the fans.

Everything is pre-meditated with him, he's trying to dilute the fans voice and tbh its working and opinions and there's still sheep licking up every bit of bile he pours onto us and our club and this wont be the last of it. From silencing the fans in the stadium, to plastering SD all over the stadium to now renaming the ground, it's always been in his plans to keep taking us for a ride because he knows not a thing will be done.

Not once has Llambias said SD is sponsoring Newcastle and he's choosing his words carefully everytime so he cant be picked up on it, it's "showcasing" for potential sponsors, were getting nothing from this just ghastly signs to look at, and no one is going to come in for to sponsor us as SD is already hated by fans so why would any potential sponsor want to get on the wrong side of potential customers, so he's maximising his advertisement for SD as he knows were already on the wrong side of him.

Weve received £45 million over the past two transfer windows and barely any of it has been seen since, yet people are lapping up that it MIGHT bring in 8-10 million a year, which isnt going to happen and if it did it wouldnt be seen like the £35 million was promised

I honestly think there's a one in four chance Ashley reads this site. Surely sat in his mansion divorcee recluse with nowt to do he must be curious about what people are writing about him. That being the case is it that unbelievable he'll look at N-O or here first of all, I don't think it is. I just think he gets off on effecting peoples feelings. I can't think of any other reason. "THE SPORTS DIRECT ARENA STORY" I actually started laughing at how blatant it is, it's UNBELIEVABLE what he does, it truly is. Mike if you're reading next time you come up here I hope you do a Matthew Harding, I mean that as well, you're an evil force and an example what happens when someone who is thick as fuck with no qualifications ends up with an obscene amount of money.

Who's this Hadrian spacka?

spacka ? honestly , the bairns got better insults .

half the reason the board comes off like an elitist bunch of inbreds tbh , like the gaggle of housewives at the school yard entrance , local town for local people and anyone who might say something that i disagree with slightly ill regress into my preschool years and shove my 57k?(fuckin hell :unsure2: ) post count of authority in their face

Cabinet Member for Quality of Life, Coun Henri Murison, said: “The name of St James’ Park has been synonymous with Newcastle United football club and the city for more than 130 years.

“It is recognised around the world and the decision to change it, without consultation, will upset the overwhelming majority of fans who loyally support the team week in and week out.

“While I understand the commercial reasons for renaming sports venues when they relocate, this is not the case in this instance, and some things are beyond profit when they mean so much to people.

“The football club is part of the beating heart of the city, and while the council values its relationship with the club, it has no plans to change any existing wayfinding signs which bear the name St James’ Park.

“As far as the fans and Newcastle City Council are concerned, the home of Newcastle United will always be known as St James’ Park.”

http://www.newcastle...g-st-james-park

Telt you, season ticket holders all over the council, both in Labour and Lib Dem, no way the council was going to support any of this even a tiny percent. A small moral victory but a victory all the same!

Who's this Hadrian spacka?

Don't forget that tosser, Cuthbert.

You're thinking of Aidan ;)

I was thinking about him who built the wall tbh. How would he feel if it was renamed? ;)

Jazzy Jeff Stelling

The hideous decision to rename Newcastle's ground has well and truly got my goat!

Although the caption on Soccer Saturday will refer to whatever the stadium's official name now is, I for one will do my utmost to call St James' Park just that.

Trust me; I've got history in this area! I remember when Wycombe's Adam Park became the Causeway Stadium in 2003. I religiously refused to call the ground by its new name and we ended up in 'discussions' with the club for some time.

I must admit that I felt a small triumph when the name eventually reverted to Adams Park.

I'm not being deliberately difficult; I feel that it is wrong for owners to change the name of a stadium that is steeped in tradition and history - one that people can identify with - when they don't own that heritage.

It's a different matter when you are naming a new stadium, of course; in that instance the sponsors should be able to call the ground whatever they like.

But people all over the world recognise St James' Park as Newcastle's home. To destroy that affinity is abject nonsense and I'm sure that every true Newcastle fan will abhor this name change.

I'm sure football people and anyone with an appreciation of history know exactly where I am coming from.

Newcastle say the rebranding gives them the chance to show future investors what they could get for their money, which in itself could lead to the farcical situation where the stadium is renamed every couple of years.

But if I was a potential sponsor, I'd be wondering what I'll get back for my money and the answer I'm sure is 'not much'.

The newspapers are unlikely to refer to the ground as anything but St James' Park - and the same is probably true of most television and radio companies - and the new sponsors will be tarred with the same brush as the current owners are.

Will this really help them sell more products? There are much better ways to increase brand awareness.

A sponsor's name doesn't tend to stick unless they are right in there when the ground first opens although it's interesting to see how the Etihad Stadium is hanging around.

I much prefer Eastlands but the day that I hear the bulk of City fans calling their ground The Etihad and the bulk of Newcastle fans calling theirs whatever the new name is, I'll be happy to fall into line.

The stadium looks bloody ridiculous, did they have to stamp sports direct on every place possible?(if the pictures on Sky are accurate) It looks so cheap, it could have been done in a professional manner. Don't see Emirates smacked all over like that on the Arsenal stadium.

The renaming thing was always going to happen with Ashley, and the timing is lovely, cant see us happy for a few weeks can he? What a joke, how the bloody hell will 8-10M help if you are not ready to re-invest 35M? More lies, nothing but lies. No words to describe my feelings for these two bastards....