Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

The loan bears no interest and the shareholders of SD also pay for advertising and share in its benefits. Thats the bit i dont get.

I suppose if they were genuinely trying to find a sponsor, they probably would want to ruin any negotiations by having the going rate in the accounts????? straws and that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, did the owners of Chelsea and City also put the money into the clubs via loans?

I think that might be right technically, but I think in each of those cases there is clear acceptance on the part of the investors that its first and foremost a frolic/hobby horse and they might never recoup what they put in. Different altogether with Fat Mike.

BTW, did the owners of Chelsea and City also put the money into the clubs via loans?

Abramovich changed it last year into a loan scenario with no payback date. It was cause their debt was getting so far off the scale or something iirc.

Sorry but I'm going to go all leazesmag on you and say, I told you so!

Forgetting the fact Arsenal got £100m for the naming rights of their stadium, considering the global exposure of the PL with 95% of all games shown on TV in Asia and the US, a value of £20m is conservative for the last 2 years worth of advertising.

20m of revenue lost or possibly paid to Ashley's parent company, St James Holdings and not to the club!

Before he bought us he would have been twitching like a mother fucker every time he heard Whelan getting extra exposure with Wigan at the JJB Stadium.

Now he owns an icon that he can tart up with his tat branding.

Forgetting the fact Arsenal got £100m for the naming rights of their stadium, considering the global exposure of the PL with 95% of all games shown on TV in Asia and the US, a value of £20m is conservative for the last 2 years worth of advertising.

20m of revenue lost or possibly paid to Ashley's parent company, St James Holdings and not to the club!

Before he bought us he would have been twitching like a mother fucker every time he heard Whelan getting extra exposure with Wigan at the JJB Stadium.

thats an interesting point, if a parent company owns the stadium then its highly possible (I assume) that any payments for stadium branding etc are being made to them?

thats an interesting point, if a parent company owns the stadium then its highly possible (I assume) that any payments for stadium branding etc are being made to them?

Presumably it would still need to be disclosed in SD's accounts though?

• 3 weeks later...
Latest rumour is that the East Stands Newcastle United sign is coming down in favour of a SportsDirect@ St James' Park one. :lol:

Somebody must have forgot to tell Ashley :happygirl:

probably too busy putting those awful logos on the dugout seats

They were there last year.(Im nearly sure)

Latest rumour is that the East Stands Newcastle United sign is coming down in favour of a SportsDirect@ St James' Park one. :lol:

Somebody must have forgot to tell Ashley :happygirl:

probably too busy putting those awful logos on the dugout seats

They were there last season!

As for the East Stand, it's early in the season, plenty of time to address it.

edit: fuck me I'm agreeing with IT! Someone ban me please.

Edited by sammynb

Corner timers probs down to wotshisface the manager i think. Be some psychobabble angle no doubt.

Look at the state of this though - off Sky Sports page.

Like it couldn't have been cropped :lol:

#incahoots

rScgH.jpg

Seeing that makes me want to vomit. I made a post last season about how virtually every photo of 'action' from SJP had some tacky Direct Spots advert in the background.

Rant over, but feeling bilious none the less.