Henderson to Liverpool

Guest alex

So, are we all agreed then.

Liverpool are showing us what ambition is again, for those who have forgotten [and even worse, don't want us to show it] ?

And they will finish at least 10 points above us in the league next year, to prove their point, and probably more than that. Although some will still insist we are doing it better than they are and showing them how it ought to be done. Mystifying.

55 mil on a couple of players with limited prem experience and we sign a guy who's just won the double and broke into the France team for 4 mil, Jesus you are unbelievable

Gazza and Beardsley didn't have much experience either lad, and fools like you swallowed the "good business" line then too.

20 mil for Henderson, u really are a mong. Hope your Mrs doesn't trust you with the household budget, magic beans??

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool are showing us what ambition is again, for those who have forgotten [and even worse, don't want us to show it] ?

And they will finish at least 10 points above us in the league next year, to prove their point, and probably more than that. Although some will still insist we are doing it better than they are and showing them how it ought to be done. Mystifying.

55 mil on a couple of players with limited prem experience and we sign a guy who's just won the double and broke into the France team for 4 mil, Jesus you are unbelievable

Jay my sad friend its you who are unbelievable - you obviously think Liverpool have got it wrong? Do you think we will be competing with them in the next few years and finishing above them in the league?

Jay my sad friend its you who are unbelievable - you obviously think Liverpool have got it wrong? Do you think we will be competing with them in the next few years and finishing above them in the league?

Course we will man.....Have some faith :lol:

Gazza and Beardsley didn't have much experience either lad, and fools like you swallowed the "good business" line then too.

20 mil for Henderson, u really are a mong. Hope your Mrs doesn't trust you with the household budget, magic beans??

who will finish higher next season us or Liverpool ? Who will get into the Champions League first, us or Liverpool ? Who will increase their revenues, shirt sales, sponsors etc next season for showing ambition and buying attractive footballers and raising their profile , us or Liverpool ? When we qualified for the Champions League, did we do it by buying forwards and strikers like Lovenkrands , Routledge and Best or Robert, Bellamy and Shearer ?

Where'd the money come from Brummie ??? They make hugely more than us so how do we fill the gap ??

Liverpool have taken big gambles, I have little doubt that their net spend this summer will be moderate. Even if it's not, it's being funded on the back of years and years of profit.

Where'd the money come from Brummie ??? They make hugely more than us so how do we fill the gap ??

Liverpool have taken big gambles, I have little doubt that their net spend this summer will be moderate. Even if it's not, it's being funded on the back of years and years of profit.

do you still think clubs should save the money up first then :lol:

How many times have we finished above them in the league, or even just competed with them?

Even during the good ol' days with your man Freddy.

You really do have to laugh.

I love how Leazes picks three cheap signings to compare to £30m worth of previously bought (over several years) talent.

I chose the strikers the last time we played in the champions league to go with the point. Mind, they were all "trophy signings" and according to the idiots we are better off with the likes of Best, Lovenkrands and Routledge.

Makes you weep :lol:

Do you think we are doing it right and Liverpool are doing it wrong, as per the thread ?

How many times have we finished above them in the league, or even just competed with them?

The ONLY times we finished above them in half a century were under the Halls and Shepherd lad, check the record books and see for yourself. No doubt you will still think we are doing it better than them again though, just like when we sold them Beardsley, and Gazza to Spurs, and got relegated.

Who is doing it right then, us or Liverpool ?

We've possibly made a better signing, value for money-wise, with Cabaye. Why don't you focus on the positives for once (yeah I know, bit rich coming from me)?

I'll compare our window to theirs on September the 1st if it's alright with you.

We rarely compete with the likes of Liverpool. Not many clubs do. They've got a wealthier owner and are a bigger club with far more pull than we have.

Well theres the £35 million from Carroll, theres all the Sky money and Premier League money, there is the money from being the 3rd biggest supported club in England and if Ashley cares about the club he could put some of his own money in as well.

I'm sorry but we should not be settling for second best and lowered expectations - there is no excuse for it

The ONLY times we finished above them in half a century were under the Halls and Shepherd lad, check the record books and see for yourself. No doubt you will still think we are doing it better than them again though, just like when we sold them Beardsley, and Gazza to Spurs, and got relegated.

Who is doing it right then, us or Liverpool ?

Where did I say that we're doing better than them ("again", I might add)?

I do think that they've paid way over the odds for Henderson, laughably so in fact. Fair play to Sunderland.

Not sure what your point is here.

Well theres the £35 million from Carroll, theres all the Sky money and Premier League money, there is the money from being the 3rd biggest supported club in England and if Ashley cares about the club he could put some of his own money in as well.

I'm sorry but we should not be settling for second best and lowered expectations - there is no excuse for it

There's been years of losses man, the club's never made money and for all his sins Ashley's put hods of cash in. It's not about settling for second best it's about reality.

Why don't you go out tomorrow and buy yourself a Ferrari or a Bentley ???

There's been years of losses man, the club's never made money and for all his sins Ashley's put hods of cash in. It's not about settling for second best it's about reality.

Why don't you go out tomorrow and buy yourself a Ferrari or a Bentley ???

oh dear.

Another person who doesn't splash their own cash to support the club preaching from the sidelines.

Who is doing it right, us or Liverpool ? Answer the question, which is topical to the thread ?

We've possibly made a better signing, value for money-wise, with Cabaye. Why don't you focus on the positives for once (yeah I know, bit rich coming from me)?

I'll compare our window to theirs on September the 1st if it's alright with you.

We rarely compete with the likes of Liverpool. Not many clubs do. They've got a wealthier owner and are a bigger club with less support than we have

FYP.

PS. Which only emphasises how well the Halls and Shepherd did, as they competed with and finished above them. I doubt the negative thinking people will identify with this though, and continue accepting our inferiority since their man took over the ownership of the club.

Tell you what mate, as Toonpack etc haven't answered what I asked them, as per the thread, do YOU think we should have settled for mid table mediocrity under the Halls and Shepherd instead of attempting to compete with Liverpool ?

Do YOU think the Liverpool way is better than ours, or do you think Mike Ashley is a visionary who Liverpool should be copying ?

Edited by LeazesMag

is anybody of the pro-Ashley brigade that are criticising this signing of Liverpool, going to actually say they think our way of doing things is better than Liverpools or not ?

Good signing, they're building long-term as displayed by the signing of Carroll. It's something we should be aspiring to, rather than flogging off our best & emerging players as their respective values peak, as well as ripping apart the core of a good side ie. The Seymour and McKeags' Days revisited when 'good-for-business' incoming & departures override the value of the on-field football brand. The lad has alot of potential, and has earned an international cap already, he's being groomed by the top brass within the England set-up. Looking at what the Gunners have forked for Chamberlain (similarly in-demand, and a younger work-in-progress) Liverpool have paid the going rate. One thing about Henderson, and possibly overlooked in this thread, as that he never really recovered after the derby nightmare, his form dropped off marketed after a bright start to the season. I think he didn't benefit from having a genuine on-field/midfield mentor at Sunderland, and there's no place to hide in the heart of midfield engineroom for a still developing youngster. Prodigys can be inconsistent during their formative years, they haven't truly mastered the art of matchday preparation etc - physically and more importantly mentally, such as recovering from a battering he suffered in the aforementioned fixture. He has that now in the form of Gerrard, a former prodigy himself who's dealt with the pressure of being earmarked for greatness. Gerrard has been there and done that so to speak, and he's mentally tough. Gerrard's presence & guidance should turn what some have dubbed a ridiculous/20m gamble into a speculative bet with much shorter odds for success.

Edited by Year Zero

is anybody of the pro-Ashley brigade that are criticising this signing of Liverpool, going to actually say they think our way of doing things is better than Liverpools or not ?

I think the answer is that if Liverpool can afford it, then good luck to them. Id not like us spending £20M on one player when we have such a thin squad. We need numbers. As much as as dislike our owners, I cant judge anything until the window closes and then we can see the full picture. But, them spending £20M on Henderson? is he £15M better the player than our new lad? Good for them that their owner is backing the manager with such funds, you assume they have the confidence that he will spend wisely and get them in to the champions league where it could pay for itself (the investment).

Good signing, they're building long-term as displayed by the signing of Carroll. It's something we should be aspiring to, rather than flogging off our best & emerging players as their respective values peak, as well as ripping apart the core of a good side ie. The Seymour and McKeags' Days revisited when 'good-for-business' incoming & departures override the value of the on-field football brand. The lad has alot of potential, and has earned an international cap already, he's being groomed by the top brass within the England set-up. Looking at what the Gunners have forked for Chamberlain (similarly in-demand, and a younger work-in-progress) Liverpool have paid the going rate. One thing about Henderson, and possibly overlooked in this thread, as that he never really recovered after the derby nightmare, his form dropped off marketed after a bright start to the season. I think he didn't benefit from having a genuine on-field/midfield mentor at Sunderland, and there's no place to hide in the heart of midfield engineroom for a still developing youngster. Prodigys can be inconsistent during their formative years, they haven't truly mastered the art of matchday preparation etc - physically and more importantly mentally, such as recovering from a battering he suffered in the aforementioned fixture. He has that now in the form of Gerrard, a former prodigy himself who's dealt with the pressure of being earmarked for greatness. Gerrard has been there and done that so to speak, and he's mentally tough. Gerrard's presence & guidance should turn what some have dubbed a ridiculous/20m gamble into a speculative bet with much shorter odds for success.

We haven't sold any players yet so that point is worthless.

No-one is disputing that he's a good signing. People think that £20m is too much for him. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Having one England cap means little also, David Nugent and Jay Bothroyd have a cap as well.

Again, why don't you wait till the window is closed before you start comparing the two?

I'd rather spend wisely and get good value for money than pay silly money for the likes of Henderson. That doesn't make me pro-Ashley.

Again, why don't you wait till the window is closed before you start comparing the two?

I'd rather spend wisely and get good value for money than pay silly money for the likes of Henderson. That doesn't make me pro-Ashley.

Agree with this, It's a sensible approach. Liverpool are going to want C.L. on the back of this window as are Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U,Spurs and City. Do the math, 4 from 6 its a gamble.

LM wants these superstar and big name signings but when you ask him if he agrees to the club doing it on the back of a massive debt he goes all teflon and spouts random stuff like Fred never owned the club,blah,blah,blah.

We haven't sold any players yet so that point is worthless.

No-one is disputing that he's a good signing. People think that £20m is too much for him. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Having one England cap means little also, David Nugent and Jay Bothroyd have a cap as well.

Bothroyd & Nugent have stumbled upon international caps, thanks to an often loose and scattershot selection criteria. You've failed to pick on the obvious point that the likes of Carroll and Henderson are viewed as young and potential/future mainstays at international level. They'll rack up more caps then the one-hit-wonders you have highlighted in your argument. As for the much hyped Chamberlain, at 12m, has the normally astute Wenger dropped the ball on this one - to acquire an exciting but raw talent, and still without experience at top flight club. That sort of figure gets you into the ballpark, to acquire emerging blue-chip talent. That is the going rate, accept it. They don't fall into your lap all the time via kids being expelled their parent clubs for disciplinary reasons , release clauses for minimal amounts & Webster eligibility.

Edited by Year Zero