N'Zogbia ready to snub Liverpool for Newcastle

Dafydd

Wigan Athletic winger Charles N’Zogbia to snub Liverpool for Newcastle United According to reports Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia does not want a move to Liverpool but instead has his eye on a return to Newcastle United.

The Daily Star claims Liverpool are not on the Frenchman’s radar as he wants to go back to St James’ Park.

It is understood that the Magpies are ready to match his £55,000-a-week wage demand.

It therefore seems a matter of the two clubs reaching a deal on the fee, but this may still prove problematic given the Latics are holding out for £12 million.

A source close to N’Zogbia said: “Charles never really wanted to leave. It was Kinnear he fell out with, not Newcastle.

“He has kept in touch with several of his former team-mates and told them he would love to go back.

“And while he has never worked for Alan Pardew, he knows his No.2 John Carver very well.

“In fact, it was John who gave him his Premier League debut when he was caretaker-manager.

“He thoroughly enjoyed his time there, loves the city and would jump at the chance of pulling on the shirt again.”

Full Story:

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/wigan...tle-united.html

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 million for a player in the last year of his contract? I think not. If we could get him for £4-5 mill then I'd take him back

Not going to happen with today's crazy prices.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

if he signs for us then he will finally get his move to a bigger club

and Newcastle would be the second big club he has signed for after Newcastle.

lol he signed for us in the past dont forget hehe but now what hes asking for is down right greed honestly players thease days dont give a toss about the passion for the game as long as theres a big fat wage at the end of it

Edited by DEADMAN

United boss Pardew will now focus on other targets – including Charles N’Zogbia.

N’Zogbia, who played for France in their 1-0 win in Poland last night, is keen to return to Tyneside and a source close to the player said today: “Charles left Newcastle a boy and would return a man.

“He knows now better than ever just what a huge club Newcastle is. And he would love to be back.”

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has insisted Newcastle must pay a higher transfer fee than a Champions League club as they are a rival side in the race for survival in the eyes of the Latics chief.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1OsCmlsPS

United boss Pardew will now focus on other targets – including Charles N’Zogbia.

N’Zogbia, who played for France in their 1-0 win in Poland last night, is keen to return to Tyneside and a source close to the player said today: “Charles left Newcastle a tit and would return a cunt"

“He knows now better than ever just what a huge club Newcastle is. And he would love to be back.”

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has insisted Newcastle must pay a higher transfer fee than a Champions League club as he fucking detests Mike Ashley.

Tidied a few bits for you

N’Zogbia, who played for France in their 1-0 win in Poland last night, is keen to return to Tyneside and a source close to the player said today: “Charles left Newcastle a tit and would return a cunt"

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has insisted Newcastle must pay a higher transfer fee than a Champions League club as he fucking detests Mike Ashley.

Tidied a few bits for you

:lol:

He was left out of the Newcastle squad on 13 May 2007 for the final game of the season against Watford, after he refused to be used as a substitute.

In December 2008, N'Zogbia announced his desire to leave Newcastle during the January 2009 transfer window, saying "After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here." etc. etc.

He's a self-absorbed little prick and if we take him back we'll get more of the same.

He was left out of the Newcastle squad on 13 May 2007 for the final game of the season against Watford, after he refused to be used as a substitute.

In December 2008, N'Zogbia announced his desire to leave Newcastle during the January 2009 transfer window, saying "After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here." etc. etc.

He's a self-absorbed little prick and if we take him back we'll get more of the same.

It is those quotes which i refered to a while back when i said i didnt want him back for slagging us off.

He was right tbf. We went down with the help of Kinnear who he fell out with. I liked him when he was here. If he improves side I'd have him back.

He was right tbf. We went down with the help of Kinnear who he fell out with. I liked him when he was here. If he improves side I'd have him back.

Is he and his attitude worth 12mil and 55k a week though?

Seriously doubt the validity of the £55k per week figure like. Or if it is his demand I don't see the club paying that.

For me the money's not even the issue. It's about taking back a player who has demonstrated that his attitude is poor and shown contempt for the club. I wouldn't want Michael Owen back for nothing and a hundred quid a week. If you disrespect the club there should be no forgiving and no forgetting.

For me the money's not even the issue. It's about taking back a player who has demonstrated that his attitude is poor and shown contempt for the club. I wouldn't want Michael Owen back for nothing and a hundred quid a week. If you disrespect the club there should be no forgiving and no forgetting.

His attitude was poor, but then again Id take Bellamy back.

His issue was more with JFK imo, but his statement about wanting to move to a club with better prospects turned out to be true, and you could say it was again if you joined us from Wigan.

Not going for a player because he a bit of an arse is a bit of cutting your nose to spite face etc.

As for Owen, different case imo. I'd kick him in the bollocks if I could.