Tooj

What about compared to Newcastle strikers such as Shearer, McDonald etc? Have we ever had someone whose start has been so prolific. Andy Cole maybe???
Shearer and Cole's starts were both in 'great' Newcastle teams as well if you recall. Sherarer more so than Cole perhaps in that more money had been lavished, but Cole's team still finished 3rd. Ba's tally has come in a team and under manager regarded as little more than shit by many on here. For the record he's not in anywhere like the same class as Shearer, but then neither has any striker been since the Prem began, and that wasn't the question anyway.

thierry-henry_1133819c.jpg

Yeah I had him in mind. Mentality wise though he couldn't have done what Shearer did the season he won the league with Blackburn. Literally nobody has had that much impact in the most difficult position on the pitch since the advent of the Prem.

Also I think it only really become a 'debate' at all because of his injury and his signing for us. If he'd not had that injury and signed for (say Man U) nobody would even bother making the argument for him having a rival. I know that's if's and buts but Shearer was just that good.

Nobody got any stats on this?

14 in 17 must be in with a shout, surely.

Think it's 21 in 28 starts if you include his West Ham stats which is the most prolific strike rate in the premier league apparently.

When you consider the teams as well....one that half this forum thinks should be relegated and one which actually got relegated.

Where are you getting silly wages from? It's common knowledge that our players are leaving because they can get more money elsewhere :lol:

£70k for Demba Ba.

Or if thats not true and its less then what is it? £60k, £50k? for a guy who failed 2 seperate medicals in the last 3 years for the same problem?

Yes silly money.

So Demba Ba will be our highest paid player?

You seem pretty wound up about not getting him tbh.

As stated I am glad we didnt get him as think we dodged a bullet. Already stated I think its a huge risk to sign someone who has failed 2 different medicals recently for big wages.

What annoys me is that you lot can't seem to get your head around any possibility other than that the moment he knew the toon were in for him he dropped his kecks and bent over for old rapey to finger him.

I have info from a very good and well respected ITK who has stated Ba said he'd join us should we match your wage offer... you dont want to believe that, fine, but please quote me something that states this is incorrect.

Its not as Black and White as you lot seem to think... if both clubs bid the exact same for a player its not 100% that they would always pick you... surely you can acknowledge that is correct?

If so then maybe, just maybe some people on here need to get off their high horse about it being a no brainer between the mighty Toon and shitty little Everton?

Should have matched our wages ;):D

Senegal's management team have given him a pretty light build-up, on the unforgiving tracks they would've held their training camps, ahead of the African Finals.

It's been commented that it's rare to find a national coach being so respectful of a player's duties at club level. On Senegal's part , given Ba's consistency once match-fit, his form warrants an influential role in their finals run.

Unforgiving training camp tracks + Ba's well documented knee issues = a sensible preservation based strategy. They've nursed him into the finals by handling with cotton gloves. Last thing they wanted is a red-hot striker pulling up lame on the eve of a major tourney. Having a pair of in-form & all-round strikers available (as they currently have) is a rare plus in a tournament that features alot in the form of scattershot finishing/an overall lack of composure in front of goal courtesy of many of tourney's strikers. I think they've nursed him through the last month of their preparation with the view of a further reaching playing role - his performances certainly justify it.

Senegal won't be quite so conservative come finals time now though, if they're basing their striking set-up on current form. Ba's serious workload, on those aforementioned training & matchday tracks, begins now.

Obviously hoping the next month bares little consequence to his domestic campaign down the season's final stretch.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how they handle Ba because he's not really gained much international recognition yet. Sow seems to be their main man if I'm not mistaken.

Sow and Ba are clearly their best players, the likes of Niang, Cisse etc are decent too.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Posting on my phone, which is a killer, but tbh i completely overlooked the targetman Sow, when referring to their '2' in-form strikers. I was originally thinking along the lines of the two Demba's, P.Cisse and Ba. Well that's three clinical & in-form forwards then. I can't think of a better striking line-up going into this tourney in recent times.

Ghana & Ivory Coast may have a greater talent pool across the 2 outfield lines, but lack of composure in front of goals is a killer in what is an open/attacking/free-flowing tourney. Senegal with either of the two Demba's playing off the big man (in Sow) are a decent shout for the tourney win. Worth laying a few quid on them imo.

Cote D'ivoire have Tiote, the two Toure's and Drogba. I would make them favourites, but you make a good point about Senegal. They will score plenty of goals and will probably be the most entertaining side in the tourney.

Cote D'ivoire have Tiote, the two Toure's and Drogba. I would make them favourites, but you make a good point about Senegal. They will score plenty of goals and will probably be the most entertaining side in the tourney.

I'm hoping for a clash of egos and an embarrassing early exit for Senegal. I'd quite like Tiote to knacker any African players from our 6th-10th position rivals, mind

FUCK YOU, YOU MELTY FACED CUNT.

Harry Redknapp has admitted his interest in Newcastle striker Demba Ba, while suggesting that Tottenham will swoop for Gary Cahill if the defender’s move to Chelsea breaks down.

Speaking at this morning's press conference, the Spurs boss responded to the latest transfer rumours.

And Redknapp concedes that Ba, who has scored 15 goals for the Magpies so far this season, will have plenty of suitors in this months window.

"Demba Ba's done great hasnt he, everybody's looking at him suddenly," said the manager. "Anybody could have had him a year ago. Full credit to Alan Pardew, he took him.

"He's done a fantastic job what a strike-rate he's got. He's probably the most in-form striker anywhere at the moment.

"They say there's a release clause in his contract that's what we all hear. He's certainly done well and it will be interesting to see what happens there, but at the moment he's doing great things for Newcastle.

"He's off to play in the African Cup of Nations now [for Senegal], so he's going to be away for a month or so so thats a difficult one.

"At the moment Newcastle have got him and Im sure Alan wants to keep him. He'd be disappointed if he had to lose him. He would be difficult to replace."

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/spurs_boss_admits_interest_in_newcastle_star_1_1170685

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Edited by Barney

That was that mong cwarr, I wouldn't believe him.

Ba managed to get a relegation release clause into the West Ham contract though, despite costing £9m. Mental.

That wobbly faced prick taps up 4 players in that interview alone.

What a cunt. When other clubs talk about his players like modric and bale he moans and throws a strop and yet hes quick to discuss other teams' players.

Always prefaced with "I don't like to talk about other teams players, but...................."

He's a monstrous twat but the press adore him, bastards!!!!.

Can't imagine Ashllamb would sanction it as low as £7m.

He was on a free though so they may have thought that it would still make them £7m on the deal.

Could also be that his medical record had an impact on his wages which had to be compensated

From the player's point of view, it has to be difficult playing for a team that has basically said its a developmental club for bigger teams with its buy and sell-on policy and no ambition to compete at the top level.

I'd assume not many players would arrive and actually buy a house in the area.

From the player's point of view, it has to be difficult playing for a team that has basically said its a developmental club for bigger teams with its buy and sell-on policy and no ambition to compete at the top level.

Has the club ever said any of that?

All I've heard is that every player has his price and they won't guarantee that a player will stay at the club after the Carroll debacle.