Tooj

From the player's point of view, it has to be difficult playing for a team that has basically said its a developmental club for bigger teams with its buy and sell-on policy and no ambition to compete at the top level.

Has the club ever said any of that?

All I've heard is that every player has his price and they won't guarantee that a player will stay at the club after the Carroll debacle.

Noone's ever actually going to say that are they? History tells the story though.

From the player's point of view, it has to be difficult playing for a team that has basically said its a developmental club for bigger teams with its buy and sell-on policy and no ambition to compete at the top level.

All I've heard is that every player has his price and they won't guarantee that a player will stay at the club after the Carroll debacle.

Noone's ever actually going to say that are they? History tells the story though.

Does it? Who have we sold exactly apart from Carroll for a ridiculous amount of money and Enrique who wanted to go?

Don't get me wrong I'm not deluded enough to think we're in a great position. But very few clubs can withstand big money bids from bigger clubs. It's not a problem unique to us. The bigger problem for me is the lack of reinvestment, athough they'd argue that they're able to get top quality players like Cabaye on the cheap instead.

I'd assume not many players would arrive and actually buy a house in the area.

Spot on as always sniffer. You should come by more often.

Does it? Who have we sold exactly apart from Carroll for a ridiculous amount of money and Enrique who wanted to go?

Don't get me wrong I'm not deluded enough to think we're in a great position. But very few clubs can withstand big money bids from bigger clubs. It's not a problem unique to us. The bigger problem for me is the lack of reinvestment, athough they'd argue that they're able to get top quality players like Cabaye on the cheap instead.

We are trying to sell players, feel free to shuffle through pardews comments. Basically "come get them" with a bit of reverse psychology.

Thats the case for every single PL club save the top4, yet our manager is the only one trotting on about January being a horrible time for every manager and "offers who cant be refused". It isn`t, unless your club is in economic shambles and HAVE to sell to keep the ship float. Which we arent.

I`d rather he didnt make those comments at all, about tiote in particular or players in general. If its so horrible and you would rather not see any players sold, why not simply say " not for sale" like any other self-respecting manager would if asked about the backbone of his team.

On that Im sure you will agree tecato?

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Thats the case for every single PL club save the top4, yet our manager is the only one trotting on about January being a horrible time for every manager and "offers who cant be refused"

Once bitten, twice shy...

If it happened once it could be a bit of journalists in the driving seat yes. Second or third time I see "would have to be a big bid for cheicky" Im getting a bit worried.

It could be the man upstairs telling him to promote it, or it could be a bit of Ol`alan not knowing when to shut his piehole.. by january 31th we will have our answer I reckon.

That being said I cant see us holding on to Tiote past the summer, regardless of what happends. Unfortunately.

Doubt it's 7mil. He cost 4mil in signing on fees alone. Ashley would set a release clause at the total cost of his wages, fees and bonuses. I think you looking closer to the 10-14mil mark depending on what his weekly wage actually is!

Bad news if the release clause (if there is one) is anything less than £15mill. (He would be worth more if he wasn't only on a 3 year contract).

In saying that, regardless of release clauses can anyone see Ba remaining at the club past next January or at the absolute latest the end of next season? Provided he remains fit his three year contract means we won't keep him for long.

Edited by toonotl

If the release is anything like the levels being mentioned (£7m to £9m), then we are fucking horrible at contract negotiations. This was a bloke who nobody would touch cos he apparently had an exploding knee, and yet we negotiate a contract release clause that, if he proved himself to be a player who would attract offers, would implicitly undervalue him. Commatastic that sentence.

Anyway, let's hope it's all bollocks. I fucking hate Harry Redknapp though, the snidey little saggy faced ringpiece. He might as well have just said "Ba's agent....if you're watching.....let's talk."

Why the fuck is Harry Redknapp talking about our player so much. Now he is saying Ba has a min release fee of 10 million. Clearly trying to unsettle the player and it takes the piss. I only hope Ba would see us as the club who gave him a chance when noone else would and stay loyal.

Edited by 2bias

It will be very interesting whether the club release a statement denying it or whether Pardew does in any match interviews later. You'd think if it was bollocks someone would say so, otherwise no news is probably bad news....

We are trying to sell players, feel free to shuffle through pardews comments. Basically "come get them" with a bit of reverse psychology.

Thats what I was going on about.

I agree we cant be classified a 'selling club' simply on the basis of the Carrol sale, but the last couple of years show that the trend is we offload star players and then try to reinvest cleverly. Its worked great so far but its a risky strategy and we wont find a Tiote and a Cabaye everytime and thats what all of us are worried about isnt it?