Tooj

If the £10M Ba release clause is correct I bet Ashley and Llambias are kicking themselves – another lesson learnt.

Ba and his agent are obviously smart cookies. Ba knows he is class and after his Stoke move fell through – £9M remember the fee agreed – he got a free transfer release clause if West Ham got relegated. Only us and Everton were seriously interested and we got him for just £40K a week – however in return for accepting just £40K Ba has negotiated a release clause of £10M.

I go back to it, Ba knows he is class and he has very cleverly put himself in the driving seat. If there are no other clauses other than a club offering £10M we will have to offer him BIG money to stay. Simple as.

Nobody, no fan, no manager, expected Ba to score 15 by the first week of January. Newcastle did a great deal to get him but Ba has done a great bit of business himself.

It’s all down now to how much we will pay him, who comes in and whether he wants to stay. One thing is for certain – if the release clause of £10M is true – bids will DEFINITELY come in

Edited by Lake Bells tits

To think 'Harry' will be the next England manager. Corrupt twat I hope the courts find him guilty in that tax evasion case.

If I was Pardew I'd be straight on the phone to the twitcher asking him what the fuck he's playing at!

As much as I dislike Harry, its our fault for not adressing this before the transfer window opened. We gave Carroll a new contract - what - 3 months after his first one after he started banging em in, same should have been done with Ba.

Ashley probably didnt reckon - given his dodgy knee history - anyone would consider meeting that release clause. However with the amount of goals he bangs in, the bigger clubs are probably on red alert now.

Fingers crossed but I can see all the top clubs running the door down like its black friday to meet that release clause.

another thing about him, and england. if he goes there i'm unsure he'll get anymore out of the players than capello. i reckon he'd be another steve mclaren, tactically naieve and out classed by the better coaches in world football. his record against the bigger sides bears this out. he pretty much always gets rinsed out by the likes of fergie mourinho, mancini, wenger in our league.... he's a chequebook manager that has bankrupted (virtually) 2 teams. its only because spurs really have a load of cash, that he can't sink them. odious man.

What if he does but it wasnt known until some bitter West Ham in-the-know let the details of his contract out ? It could be ( and probably is the case) that he is very happy here and was in no hurry to let that detail be known through his agent. Its still not gonna stop big clubs from waving contract offers in front of him now is it.

The whole "he would be gone 5 days ago" arguement rests on the premise that that particular clause was a wide-known fact when the window opened the 1st.

Are the details of such contracts common knowledge these days?

Edited by Lake Bells tits

If Ba goes to Barca or Madrid I wouldn't begrudge him the move.

He wouldn't leave us this month if someone triggers this 'clause' though, as you say he's enjoying his time here.

But seriously, what the fuck do the mail know? It's silly season time - journos just speculate wildly with as much shit as they fancy. Suddenly Ba has a clause that has only just been found out during the first week of Jan. Righto.

harry rednapp on sky sports news saying hes sniffing around ba he can go fuck off the little cockney cunterhead of course he would sniff round him hes playing under ashley

a 27 year old crock coming for free on reasonable wages in return for a 10 million clause?

Its not as unlikely as you might think.

In his 'crock' season he still played 20 odd games.

That's the worst it's been for him.

a 27 year old crock coming for free on reasonable wages in return for a 10 million clause?

Its not as unlikely as you might think.

In his 'crock' season he still played 20 odd games.

That's the worst it's been for him.

Said it tongue in cheek Tom. Failed medicals, "ticking time bomb knee" etc..

Im just saying. Its not totally unrealistic that a 27 year old African player coming on a free, with an injury history long as deadmans cock - upon massive pressure from his agents - gets a 10 million release clause. Thats still 400% profit if someone bites and how good can be be coming on a free right?

Certainly within the realms of possibility.