Tooj

He was sharp enough to get Ashely to put a release clause into a contract, a self-limiting action from Ashley that puts a cap on the upside of the deal from our perspective? If our model is buy low / sell high then you dont limit the upside of that.

Or maybe you do because the agent is canny and you allow a release clause to be inserted, what you dont do is put a £7m one in knowing full well interest comes from exceptional performance and thats worth lots more.

If there is one, I'd be surprised if it's as low as £7m. He cost West Ham £9m, so it wouldn't be a true reflection of his value.

I think the club have made some sort of announcement saying he isn't available.

The BBC are particularly bad for misrepresenting things. Prime example is the media coverage of Nick Griffin on Question time. If you watch the show, Griffin didn't really say much and he avoided all controversy, but the next day the media made out that he was routed and came across a total idiot.

:lol: What? He said enough and what he did say was completely stupid. If you need something to convince you that Nick Griffin and his BNP cronies are thick, just read a BNP manifesto. They include several policies which have worked really well in North Korea--they will put the 'Great' back in Great Britain.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

He knows that you can sell a young English striker with 11 goals under his belt for £35m.

You missed out the special circumstances surrounding that transfer, which was the Torres deal with Chelsea. Liverpool had Abramovich over a barrel and he was willing to pay whatever they asked for Toress, as a result we were able to demand as high a fee as possible for Carroll.

Are there any actual rules about 'tapping up'? Because if there are, that Übercunt Dirty Harry would get charged weekly.

If it means that saggy faced cunt getting dragged over the coals then I sure hope so.

At least he's up on those tax evasion charges.

When will they lock 'appy 'arry up ffs, total ballbag of a man. I hope Modric gets tapped up and he's left crying about it in interviews then starts screaming at someone that calls him a wheeler dealer again. He's no right to talk about our player, especially about something he has no clue about he turned Ashley down iirc so I don't doubt that he's not on Ashley's speeddial if Mike fancies selling someone and therefore would know less than others about player contracts.

Someone said it earlier and I think it's canny close to the truth, If Ba had a £10m clause he'd be gone by now, not many teams would be hesitant to pull that £10m trigger as he's played every game and scored 15 goals.

Pardew refused to comment on the speculation about Demba Ba - after Spurs boss Harry Redknapp revealed the player had a release clause in his contract.

"I just feel listening to the conversation, the media tripped him up - you don't want to talk about other players and I am sure he regrets that a bit, he is a Newcastle player and has been brilliant for us and that is all I want to say for that," he said.

Bit naive of Pardew if you ask me.

He knows that you can sell a young English striker with 11 goals under his belt for £35m.

You missed out the special circumstances surrounding that transfer, which was the Torres deal with Chelsea. Liverpool had Abramovich over a barrel and he was willing to pay whatever they asked for Toress, as a result we were able to demand as high a fee as possible for Carroll.

Don't waste your time. He's probably the kind of person that compares his transfer to David Villa's. I don't think people know how this game works.

Don't waste your time. He's probably the kind of person that compares his transfer to David Villa's. I don't think people know how this game works.

:lol: Do enlighten us.

35 million for carroll was the robbery of the decade tbh, in hindsight. Still gutted to see him leave mind, but we got Ba so andywho?

That being said, we`ve seen fuck all money from that sale, so Im never ever going to play the pleased accountant if we sell anyone again.

Pardew refused to comment on the speculation about Demba Ba - after Spurs boss Harry Redknapp revealed the player had a release clause in his contract.

"I just feel listening to the conversation, the media tripped him up - you don't want to talk about other players and I am sure he regrets that a bit, he is a Newcastle player and has been brilliant for us and that is all I want to say for that," he said.

Pardew's not naive, he's probably banging Redknapp's missus as we speak. I think Pardew didn't want to criticize Redknapp's comments as that would be pounced upon by the media and blow the situation up.

Yeh I think Redknapp enjoys causing a fuss.

See last year when he raved about Carroll.

''Of course we've love Carroll here but he's got to be worth £30-40m?'' etc etc

Guest CabayeAye

The BBC are particularly bad for misrepresenting things. Prime example is the media coverage of Nick Griffin on Question time. If you watch the show, Griffin didn't really say much and he avoided all controversy, but the next day the media made out that he was routed and came across a total idiot.

:lol: What? He said enough and what he did say was completely stupid. If you need something to convince you that Nick Griffin and his BNP cronies are thick, just read a BNP manifesto. They include several policies which have worked really well in North Korea--they will put the 'Great' back in Great Britain.

I'm not arguing for or against the BNP and I'm hardly a dyed in the wool BNP supporter. I was pointing out the gap between what the media portrayed and what actually happened. Did you actually watch the show? Your response suggests to me that have taken your opinion from the pre-written stories that were printed the next morning...

I'm not arguing for or against the BNP and I'm hardly a dyed in the wool BNP supporter. I was pointing out the gap between what the media portrayed and what actually happened. Did you actually watch the show? Your response suggests to me that have taken your opinion from the pre-written stories that were printed the next morning...

Yes, I watched it. Every utterance from Griffin's mouth is glib, cynical opportunism, latching onto whatever issues the white working-class are discontent with and using it as a platform to further his party--one with a long history of racism and thuggery, right back to its founders. He came across as an idiot, particularly when asked to explain his partie's proposed policies: how would the BNP fund their policy of paying immigrants to return to their countries of origin, for instance? The other people present at the QT did not have a wide knowledge of the BNP's history, its origins, or its policies--anyone who does can be left in no doubt as to the odious nature of the party or the deep stupidity of its members. If they were somehow able to enact their manifesto it would ruin the country and put us on the economic level of somewhere like Greece. Your response suggests to me you may harbour a soft spot for this band of cretins, or at best have been taken in by a smarmy prick with a 2:2 in Law and some media training (that's Nick Griffin).

Pardew's not naive, he's probably banging Redknapp's missus as we speak. I think Pardew didn't want to criticize Redknapp's comments as that would be pounced upon by the media and blow the situation up.

I don't think Pardew is being naive. I think he is very tactfully suggesting that Redknapp is stupid. That's how I read it anyway.

The best way to make him look stupid would be to laugh it off and tell everyone that he's talking shit. There's clearly a clause imo, need to nail him to a new deal asap.

The best way to make Arry look stupid is to tell a lie that everyone knows is a lie?

Aye alright.

Explain your point here, not sure I get it? The best way to make him look stupid would be to say he's full of shit. My point being that him not doing this makes it obvious that said clause does exist.

Edited by BestBaNone

35 million for carroll was the robbery of the decade tbh, in hindsight. Still gutted to see him leave mind, but we got Ba so andywho?

That being said, we`ve seen fuck all money from that sale, so Im never ever going to play the pleased accountant if we sell anyone again.

unfortunately, you will without a doubt see it happen again, while the wannabee pleased accountants will continue to inform us that we are "on the right road" etc etc blah blah

What price Liverpool fielding a front 2 that we ought to have been doing, at some stage in the future, but of course they are doing it all wrong and have been doing it all wrong for decades.

<p>

unfortunately, you will without a doubt see it happen again, while the wannabee pleased accountants will continue to inform us that we are "on the right road" etc etc blah blah

What price Liverpool fielding a front 2 that we ought to have been doing, at some stage in the future, but of course they are doing it all wrong and have been doing it all wrong for decades.

They already did, against us. Oh wait, Bellamy doesn't count because that wasn't under Ashley ;)

Edited by BestBaNone

<p>

They already did, against us. Oh wait, Bellamy doesn't count because that wasn't under Ashley ;)

completely different set of circumstances and they backed their manager, both in his wishes and the cash from the sale.

Not surprised you don't get it mind.

When the transfer policy and resultant league positions and european qualifications of Mike Ashley gets anywhere near matching that of his predecessors, come back, until then, keep quiet.

What are you talking about? Your question was...

"What price Liverpool fielding a front 2 that we ought to have been doing?"

If you had some obscure point hidden between the lines then perhaps you should be less subtle!

the point is not obscure, its obvious I'm talking about pairing up Ba and Carroll.