Tooj

We wouldn't have bought Ba if we hadn't sold Carroll unfortunately.

The point about Pardew lying to make Arry look stupid really should not need to be explained. Everyone knows there is a clause, Pardew would look deluded if he then tried to deny it publicly and it would then stir media interest in the story making it worse. It certainly wouldnt make Arry look stupid anyway. Just gobsmacked that needs pointing out :lol: Welcome to the board btw.

Cheers :)

I wasn't saying he should lie, I was pointing out that the lack of a denial effectively confirms the clause, for the benefit of those on here that said that it was just some Karen Brady comments getting blown out of proportion.

The point about Pardew lying to make Arry look stupid really should not need to be explained. Everyone knows there is a clause, Pardew would look deluded if he then tried to deny it publicly and it would then stir media interest in the story making it worse. It certainly wouldnt make Arry look stupid anyway. Just gobsmacked that needs pointing out :lol: Welcome to the board btw.

Im interested to hear your reasoning behind this, seeing as we were looking for a striker even when we had Andy, and Demba ba came on a free.

Sign-on fees being in excess?

How do we know there's a clause? Unless I've missed something then there's no factual evidence to support it. As has been said, if Ba was available for £10million he won't be a NUFC player in February.

Leazes, has backing Dogleash improved Liverpool's chances of catching up to the Top 4? I'd argue that he's spunked vast amounts up the wall on players who aren't up to the level his fans expect to be at. It's all very well backing your manager, but let's be realistic; unless we have a billionaire willing to use the club as a plaything then we'll never see us spending stupid money on mercenaries.

Our transfer policy this season has worked so far, if we can get in another body or two this window then we're set for pushing on after a good first half of the league.

Im interested to hear your reasoning behind this, seeing as we were looking for a striker even when we had Andy, and Demba ba came on a free.

My reasoning? Whats that got to do with it? You reckon we would have bought Ba if we hadnt sold Carroll? My reasoning for saying that perhaps? Based on Ashley being a tight cunt, what else.

I think there is a release clause but for more than £10million. Remember we didn't technically pay 0, we paid £4-6million for agent fees, etc. As a result, the release clause is probably more.

No one on here has a clue if there is a release clause or not.

And if there was and Spurs were seriously interested then why would Redknapp share this information with the world?

My reasoning? Whats that got to do with it? You reckon we would have bought Ba if we hadnt sold Carroll? My reasoning for saying that perhaps? Based on Ashley being a tight cunt, what else.

Too tight to sign players on a free? Not sure about that one..

Thought we took him on a free ( agent fees etc excluded)

We needed a striker.

Demba Ba - a prolific striker -was available on a free transfer, music in ashleys ears.

He is a tight cunt yes, but he is still looking out for good deals isnt he?

If we had Carroll, he might not have stomached the sign-on fees. But still, might of happened.

AS FOR THE CLAUSE

-------------------------------------

Im pretty sure there is one. Otherwise this rumour would be dead in the water within a day or two after it started circulating. A simple "there is no clause" would do.

The number is the big unknown here, is it 8 million, 10 or 14? Who knows. Or maybe a "CL club clause".

Im under no illusion we could lose him, the carroll saga taught me that much. Fingers crossed though.

Champions league next year and title challenge could well prove too tempting for Ba. I dont blame him tbh. If Tottenham come knocking, I consider himpretty much gone.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

They should be getting a new contract done for him to sign before the CAN

We all know the situation if big money is offered AND the player wants off then its going to happen but £10m for BA is criminal although nobody predicted just how well he would do.

£25m will see Tiote off too I reckon

We all know a few big clubs can come in and we can't do jack shit about it.

If Man United offer Tiote £150,00 a week he's goneski. Same goes for every player.

its not the potential wage offered to tiote that bothers me, none of our business

nor is it (really) the amount we get for him as a club

its how much of that fee is reinvested to keep us moving forward thats the issue

We all know a few big clubs can come in and we can't do jack shit about it.

If Man United offer Tiote £150,00 a week he's goneski. Same goes for every player.

And the same goes for most other clubs to be fair.

It is. Total players Market these days. If they want to go, they'll go.

We needed a striker.

Demba Ba - a prolific striker -was available on a free transfer, music in ashleys ears.

If we had Carroll, he might not have stomached the sign-on fees. But still, might of happened.

AS FOR THE CLAUSE

Im pretty sure there is one. Otherwise this rumour would be dead in the water within a day or two after it started circulating. A simple "there is no clause" would do.

The number is the big unknown here, is it 8 million, 10 or 14? Who knows. Or maybe a "CL club clause".

Im under no illusion we could lose him, the carroll saga taught me that much. Fingers crossed though.

Champions league next year and title challenge could well prove too tempting for Ba. I dont blame him tbh. If Tottenham come knocking, I consider himpretty much gone.

Too tight to pay wages and agents fees. Its actually not too tight tbf, there will be a ceiling based on the % of turnover that the total wage bill will not be allowed to rise above. Anyway, am just offering an insight into how i think Ashley would have behaved had Carroll not been sold. That subtle distinction seems to have gone over your head somewhat.

As for the clause, i just assume that if Karren Brady says that, its based on malice towards Ashley (possibly linked to us trying to get Tomkins on the cheap) and the fact she knows the agent and how he works.

Edited by ChezGiven

We needed a striker.

AS FOR THE CLAUSE

Too tight to pay wages and agents fees. Its actually not too tight tbf, there will be a ceiling based on the % of turnover that the total wage bill will not be allowed to rise above. Anyway, am just offering an insight into how i think Ashley would have behaved had Carroll not been sold. That subtle distinction seems to have gone over your head somewhat.

As for the clause, i just assume that if Karren Brady says that, its based on malice towards Ashley (possibly linked to us trying to get Tomkins on the cheap) and the fact she knows the agent and how he works.

The little dig at the end is unavoidable, isnt it :lol: You are offering insights on how YOU think he would have behaved, its speculation, little else. Decent speculation though, but I dont think Mike would pass up a class player for free, if the requested wage is within reasonable limits. You could flog someone on later like we did with Nolan, Barton and Enrique.

I know full well we have a wage ceiling though, but we recently gave Shola a new contract - so it cant be too bad all things considered. Im sure Mike recognizes the impact Caroll and Ba would have had vis-a-vis Shola.

Harry Redknapp has sparked a massive transfer scramble for Newcastle’s Demba Ba by revealing his release clause is around HALF the £10million mooted over the weekend.

Officials at St James’ Park have been desperate to keep a lid on the fact that the striker, who has netted 15 times this season, is available for the right fee.

But asked about a £10m release clause, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said: “I think you will find it is a lot less than that.”

Asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp added: “Even less than that.”

A whole host of clubs are set to investigate poaching the predator who destroyed Manchester United last week with an outstanding display.

Liverpool, Sunderland, Everton and QPR are all in the hunt for reinforcements up front. Ba left West Ham last summer as he had a clause in his contract saying he could quit if they were relegated.

Ba has blown away fears over a knee injury that prompted Stoke to pull out of a move for him last year.

And how is it that redknapp knows this when no one else apparently does?

Honestly, don't trust our board fine but really don't trust a word that saggy faced, tax dodging, brown enveloping bastard says.

Pardew should say that Gareth Bale has a release clause in his contract if a top four or Mega club like Barcelona come in for him!

Redknapp is a proper prick for doing this. He is getting in to other teams business! Ashley should make his move now and give Demba a new contract.

I typed in 'Demba' into the twitter search and here are two interesting things I found:

@JackWilshire

Demba Ba best signing of the season! #fact

@SpeakTransfer

Newcastle United look to offer Demba Ba a new contract to fend off clubs' interest in the in-form striker.

I'd say that the clause is almost a certainty. Either if NUFC are interested in keeping him or selling him, getting a new contract signed would be a priority.

I'd be interested to see what the facts are about just how stable his knee actually is affects any comings or goings.

Edited by dbsweeney