Tooj

Seems to me like there definitely is a buy-out clause. I'm not bothering concerning myself with how much £ triggers it, as it's not like the team will see any of it. £7m, £10m or £15m, what does it matter to us as fans?

He's gone end of the season at the latest unless his supposed 'dodgy knee' fucks up, lets face it.

I typed in 'Demba' into the twitter search and here are two interesting things I found:

@JackWilshire

Demba Ba best signing of the season! #fact

@SpeakTransfer

Newcastle United look to offer Demba Ba a new contract to fend off clubs' interest in the in-form striker.

I'd say that the clause is almost a certainty. Either if NUFC are interested in keeping him or selling him, getting a new contract signed would be a priority.

I'd be interested to see what the facts are about just how stable his knee actually is affects any comings or goings.

Has he actually missed that much football because of his knee? I don't think he has. Its more likely some sort of degenerative thing that will hamper him big time as he gets into his 30s.

I agree with you that the clause must exist as there has been nothing from the club to deny it.

I would say I hope the club offer him a revised contract without the clause, or with a much bigger release clause (ie. £20mill+), but I assume that shortfall would have to be made up elsewhere in the contract and I can't see that happening when you consider the wage he is already on and the fees that were paid to Ba and his agent when he signed with us to begin with.

Put more simply Ashley's 'wage ceiling' plus his (assumed) reluctance to pay out more signon and agent fees so soon, is going to lead to Ba leaving the club for whatever the value of this release clause is come the summer. I'm not criticising Ashley for this in advance because I would hate to be held over a barrel too in this situation, but what I am saying is that I would hate it even more if the existence of said barrel was my fault in the first instance.

http://youtu.be/SW1SRJrNZZw

Regardless of whether the clause is true, Redknapp is so out of order here. I can half let him off for the first interview IF the journalist tripped him up but he should have the sense if asked again to shut up. Should get fined for it

Aye I agree, but again we would have to register a complaint for anything to happen, which puts a huge spotlight on the issue. It's out there now though, and it's not like people aren't thinking about signing the bloke, so I would get a complaint in.

Speculating on another club's player's contract like that is a fucking disgrace.

The "he's only answering a question" defence is bollocks btw. The correct answer to that question is "He's not my player, he's contracted to another club, and its not my business to discuss this". He's blatantly up to no good here.

Appearenly around 5 million. Sounds unreal. We must really have thought he was a proper crock and noone would have a punt for us to accept such a low RC, because I really am struggling to comprehend how ashley allowed this.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Demba Ba will stay for a very long time, can't you see the signs that he's meant to be here? his name is written all over the place, it's like a prophecy :P

gABriel obertan, yohan caBAye, fABricio coloccini, medhi ABeid, hatem B.en A.rfa, AmeoBi........uhm... alan BArdew, leon BAst, BAn gosling.. :P

Edited by Aeris

There is one thing I dont get though. Maybe Tecato can explain it to me.

If there is a release clause, and it is this low - and it seems like it is:

Why is Harry broadcasting this in the media? If he is interested like he says he is, why not keep it on the low instead of setting the entire top-6 including more attractive clubs than his - on red alert? Wouldnt he be better off keeping this confidential as long as he could while at the same time try to get the player over the line in order to get a head start? What he is doing now seems like first class WUMMERY to me.

I cant think of a single positive from behaving like Harry does, unless he thinks Demba would choose tottenham no matter what.

Opinions?

Demba Ba will stay for a very long time, can't you see the signs that he's meant to be here? his name is written all over the place, it's like a prophecy :P

gABriel obertan, yohan cABaye, fABricio coloccini, medhi ABeid, hatem B.en A.rfa, AmeoBi........uhm... alan BArdew, leon BAst, BAn gosling.. :P

:huh:

:lol:

Why is Harry broadcasting this in the media? If he is interested like he says he is, why not keep it on the low instead of setting the entire top-6 including more attractive clubs than his - on red alert? Wouldnt he be better off keeping this confidential as long as he could while at the same time try to get the player over the line in order to get a head start? What he is doing now seems like first class WUMMERY to me.

I cant think of a single positive from behaving like Harry does, unless he thinks Demba would choose tottenham no matter what.

Opinions?

Harry loves the sound of his own voice, which in turn is the reason that journalists love him so much. The worst thing for Harry Redknapp would be being ignored.

gABriel obertan, yohan cABaye, fABricio coloccini, medhi ABeid, hatem B.en A.rfa, AmeoBi........uhm... alan BArdew, leon BAst, BAn gosling.. :P

You should tweet your theory to Joey BArton. ;)

Why is Harry broadcasting this in the media? If he is interested like he says he is, why not keep it on the low instead of setting the entire top-6 including more attractive clubs than his - on red alert?

It could be that we're both going for the same target and he'd like us to use funds sorting out Ba's position, or more likely he's helping Ba's management get a nice pay-out while advising one of their other clients that Tottenham is the team for them.

Im starting to think that too Matt. Ba is a massive gamble for any club, the way I understand it his medical condition is such that if his knee DOES go, it cant heal the same way normal knees can. So he is not a crock per se, but a bit akin to persons with a heart condition ( bad comparison I know). So with his wage demands, you cant really give him a 5 year contract can you. Once that knee goes, its game over.

For that reason perhaps he is a bit in the "unsignable really" mould the same way way older players are? De Natale in Udinese for instance. Arguably one of the very best strikers in europe, but being 35 there is no point in buying him. This might also explain why Pardew doesnt seem to fuzzed about it and we dont go out commenting this. Could be because Ba is a very complex player to sign, due to his baggage. We got him for free in the summer, but bringing him in now would be very complex for any club and not really feasible.

Probably a stunt from Harry in order for everyone including us to shift attention and our resources to retaining Ba instead of sniffing around Samba/Hoilet/Insert player here.

The more I think about it the more plausible it seems that Harry cant sign Ba, be it wages medical condition or otherwise, maybe Levy has already told him its a no go.

Thoughts?

The more I understand about the situation with Redknapp the more disgusting it becomes. We're Newcastle United, they are Tottenham who have had a few good seasons. Who the fuck does he think he is the fucking arsehole. He who laughs last laughs longest. Shows how clueless Lee Ryder is though who is adamant there's no release clause when EVERYONE else is saying there is.

He was asked about his childhood club and one that is quickly becoming the new man city, no doubt in a leading manner.

Answering "well you never know do you, its possible! Hardly an illoyal response Imo.

Demba never pretended to be anything other than what he is, a mercenary. As for the PSG connection, Im not worried.

If I was given a limitless budget, I wouldnt go for him. There are younger, better players out there without a career-ending medical condition who arent fucking off to africa for 2 months every year.

Im sure PSG are thinking along the same lines.

The more I understand about the situation with Redknapp the more disgusting it becomes. We're Newcastle United, they are Tottenham who have had a few good seasons. Who the fuck does he think he is the fucking arsehole. He who laughs last laughs longest. Shows how clueless Lee Ryder is though who is adamant there's no release clause when EVERYONE else is saying there is.

No doubt Ryder was told to say this Dekka

It's been mentioned but Pardew needs to ring the cunt up and 'get him telt'. Someone at the club also needs to get a NUFC 'friendly' journalist to to do a job on Redknapp and highlight the bastard blatantly tapping him up or merely unsettling a rival clubs striker. It fucking stinks and needs addressed. OJ Simpson didn't get away with as much murder as this hypocritical twat.

why do they always ask Harry Redknapp about other clubs? Who gives two fucking tosses what that tart thinks? There should be a weekly reminder how Mourinho ripped his arse apart last season in the CL just in case people think he's going to do anything with the England job.