Tooj

Guest CabayeAye

Just taken Ba out of my fantasy football team and replaced him with Rooney. He's been poor recently, and is third fiddle to Cisse and Ben Arfa now.

Not saying he isn't good or anything though! :lol:

:lol: now he's nailed on to score against Liverpool

Hope so, I dont think he has been poor lately, he has had a hand in a few of Cisses goals, directly and indirectly through his movement and has also been close to scoring himself.

Im not alarmed about his form at all.

Ba hasn't been poor at all. He was all over the pitch against Norwich and caused them all sort of problems in the first half. Similarly in the game at West Brom. It's not all about scoring goals.

agreed he has well

• 1 month later...

Think it's his agent trying to stir interest with all this paper talk

*Cynical hat on*

He's looking forward to playing at SJP one last time for Senegal at the Olympics before he signs for PSG in the transfer window. OMGRELEASECLAUSE.

Has he been offered a new contract?

• 2 weeks later...

How bothered would people be if we sold him? If you asked me in January I would have said keep him at all costs. Now though I look at his barren spell of goals, his time bomb of a knee, the fact he is off the ACN again and feel if we could get De Jong or someone for similar money and wages I wouldn't be overly disappointed. We could even replace him with a proper outside left rather than force Ba to play out of position for the good of the team

.com have an article today where they all but say it would be mad not to sell him this summer...tend to agree tbh. Getting him on a free was a brilliant bit of business, selling him to Spurs or Chelsea for 7 million would be even better.

He had an excellent season but .com make some very good points.

For me one of the main things is come the ACN there is a good chance we lose Cisse and Ba. We need at least one new forward to cover for then. If Ba goes we need someone who wont play at the ACN plus one more for the squad (replacing lovenkrands/best/ranger)

Don't see where you get that from. Seven million (even if we were to get that all to spend which according to reports when the release clause was first mentioned, we wouldn't) isn't a lot of money to spend on replacing a player who has done so well for us last season. I don't really know anything of De Jong or anyone else we've been linked with but I think it will be difficult for them to have a similar impact as Ba and I doubt we'll get them for that money.

I think the line about his performances upon returning from the ACN, "He's not been scoring goals, but his work enables Cisse to score," is simply a cliché that more and more people came to regurgitate because that is easier than actually thinking. His performance level was poor towards the end of the season, and there were signs that he had lost confidence; when presented with chances he would have previously finished with one touch, he was fumbling about and failing to get a shot away. He has, at times, produced fantastic performances: his goals against Norwich in particular showed great skill and composure. Ultimately, he doesn't seem to be capable of maintaining high levels of form throughout a season. It's a shame if he has a £7 mill release clause, because I think we could easily get £10 mill for him, and I would sell at that price and replace him with someone who has knees made of steel.