Tooj

His 7 mil clause activates today apparently and only apples for 2 months. His agent is trying to drum up interest already

Source?

His knees don't have time for us to develop, he's got to go for glory now before he ends up annoying me on his motility scooter in Sainsburys.

If the reports are right then we'll only see £4m or less from him going. Given that there was talk of one of the promoted clubs paying £7m for Jay Rodriguez from Burnley the other day, replacing him with anything like the same quality is going to seriously dent our kitty!

With regards to a replacement, I see the Journal was saying the other day that PSG had been offering us that Gamerio. I've seen very little of him but what I have he looked quality. £10m + I would imagine though!

I get the sense he is being advised to move on and the Mirror story on .com looks like it was written by Ba's agent.

I don't think he's been particularly effective on the left in a 4-3-3. I'd go after Victor Moses or Hoilett to play there.

That would leave us very vulnerable if Cisse got injured mind.

Hoilett yes, Moses no. A good 3 months in 5 seasons

Doesn't Hoilett have the whiff of an N'Zogbia about him? Not sure he'd fit in our squad; personality wise

He's on a free though isn't he? If so that would certainly help!

Not sure what De Jong's like but I get the impression he wouldn't be cheap and that could fuck up our other recruitment plans.

I don't think our policy is to sign the cheap players, or the French players or whatever, it's seems to sign the right players. We've cooled our interest on a fair number of players after either their contract demands were unfair, or our concerns over their fitness were warranted, or whatever.

Hoilett strikes me as a bit of a prima donna and as such I don't think we'd sign him.

The Sun linking us with Johnson, now that would be a canny signing but I seriously doubt we'll pay what City are likely to ask for him.

Agree about the striker thing. Even if Ba stays we should be looking for that 4th striker now that we're in Europe and the injury concerns surrounding the man.

I get the sense he is being advised to move on and the Mirror story on .com looks like it was written by Ba's agent.

I don't think he's been particularly effective on the left in a 4-3-3. I'd go after Victor Moses or Hoilett to play there.

That would leave us very vulnerable if Cisse got injured mind.

completely agree and I think this is what a lot of people forget. Ba is a great striker, he just doesn't really fit in the 4-3-3 on the left. Then again, we won't play 4-3-3 every game. If Cisse got injured, we would be pretty fucked. I reckon we need to either keep Ba and get another younger striker in or get rid, get someone who can play on the wing and still get another young striker.

I've accepted he's off and not too bothered about it either.

We play better as a 4-3-3 and he doesn't fit so makes sense to bring someone better suited to the position, which I think we will.

We need to stop giving players contracts that have evolving release clauses in them.

How often have we done that though?

I've accepted he's off and not too bothered about it either.

We play better as a 4-3-3 and he doesn't fit so makes sense to bring someone better suited to the position, which I think we will.

If we does go like you say I can see us bringing in a forward to play on the left of a front three. Or at least I hope so anyway as it was obvious for all to see how much better suited the team is to that formation.

Can also see us shipping out Best and bringing in another centre forward too.

How often have we done that though?

I was being facetious. The nature of Ba's release clause has constantly changed ever since Droopy first mentioned it to the press.

Whether it's there or not is debatable but at the moment the red tops are just wildly speculating.