Tooj

Mark Douglas has called it shite. Willing to believe him not some recently graduated arseholes with about as many connections as you and me.

I have no idea whether its right or not, however Mark Douglas has only spoken to admin people at St James as all the big boys are away.

I would also think the player and the agent are almost acting as free agents in the fact he can do what and talk to whoever he likes as long as they meet the price.

The latest twist came yesterday following a Galatasaray board-members meeting when club president Ünal Aysal told reporters, "If the manager wants Demba Ba, we can complete the deal immediately."

Sky Italia reported earlier today that Ba had signed for Galatasaray for £11 Million, the Istanbul club are yet to confirm the transfer however, club official Bülent Tulun was in England earlier in the week to discuss a potential move.

Sky Bet have also ‏released a statement on their twitter account relating to the transfer speculations, "We have suspended transfer betting on Demba Ba after lots of stakes & reports on him to join Galatasaray."

I can defo see him going to gala, theyll offer him 20k a week more. Definitely legs in this i reckon, the club would have offered him a new deal if they genuinely wanted him to stay

the club would have offered him a new deal if they genuinely wanted him to stay

What makes you think they're not working on it?

You don't just offer a player a contract out of the blue, you talk to him and his representatives first. Something the club won't be doing at the moment in all likelihood as the staff involved in such things are widely reported as being on holiday at the moment.

Out of all our key players it's more likely Demba will be the 1st on the list to leave this window simply because he's the easiest player to purchase.He has the release clause and at £7m with his stats especially early season he's a steal for anyone and there'll be plenty of sniffers.

As for him staying,he hasn't exactly came out and said he's deffinately not going anywhere which normally means i can't get a better deal elsewhere.So he'll be open to offers and if we can't match the wages he'll be offered he'll be off as he also gets a cut of the fee which leaves us with about £3m-£4m for him.

The clause has us over a barrel,but hopefully Carr has this covered.

I wouldn't he surprised if there's truth in this, just because they haven't activated the clause yet doesn't mean they haven't been sorting personal terms with his agent to make sure they can get him and he's prepared to go there.

Word yesterday the turkey links were bullshite but that premier league teams had contacted his agent - echoing other sentiments in here that i'd rather he stayed, especially if there could be aw way that would allow bot the dembas to be at full efficiency and happy, but he wasn't priority number 1 by the end of the season, so if an offer were to come in that activated the clause or pushed higher and made good business sense (allowed us better defender cover for example) i could see him off.

I can defo see him going to gala, theyll offer him 20k a week more. Definitely legs in this i reckon, the club would have offered him a new deal if they genuinely wanted him to stay

That would seem like a lot of money for Gala how many lines would he have to win to pull in that kind of cash? How many books do you reckon he'd have to buy and are the price of dobbers taken out of that estimate or included in his expenses? :turned: