Tooj

Speaking immediately after the 2-2 draw against Everton, Pardew said: “I can’t keep everyone in the squad happy; there are one or two who aren’t happy. Sometimes players play better when they’re angry.”

I knew it wouldn't last long with a squad full of Frenchies. Looks like this is the season it's gonna kick off.

He's every right to be annoyed after scoring against Villa and being dropped.

If he was that unhappy he wouldn't be at the club! This is just a short term thing, but Pards has proven so far to be a very good man manager so I'm not too worried. He kept a notable troublemaker Ben Arfa happy and he's in great form at the moment, the same will happen with Demba x 1.

To be fair to Ba I'd rather play him over Cisse as a lone frontman if the tactics called for a single striker. That said though it does piss me off to no end when players and especially agents start talking publicly after nothing incidents, surely they must understand different games and higher volumes of games calls for rotation?

Considering the lad has failed medicals because of a shotty knee- his agents should be thanking Pardew for not starting him in consecutive matches in September!

I think currently his form warrants a start over Cisse- but I'd rather Pardew risk upsetting players than forcing them into line-ups like he did with Ba on the wing. You use a formation to get the best out of the players you have, not to force your players in

He's every right to be annoyed after scoring against Villa and being dropped.

If he was that unhappy he wouldn't be at the club! This is just a short term thing, but Pards has proven so far to be a very good man manager so I'm not too worried. He kept a notable troublemaker Ben Arfa happy and he's in great form at the moment, the same will happen with Demba x 1.

Which goal did he score in the villa game, theirs or Ben Arfa's?;)

After being left on the bench for half a game this seems like a massive overreaction but maybe this is a bit of a carry over from him being pushed wider when Cisse arrived last season. May also have something to do with his frustrations with Senegal (we might be getting the blame for that too come to think of it). But there are certainly going to have to be some games this season where one or even both of him and Cisse don't play. Especially given the number of games in the next few weeks.

It's certainly not a massive problem as it stands as long as we don't allow it to turn in to one. I'm sure it will be sorted out long before the next window.

'I have spoken to Demba (about his agent) and told him I was disappointed with some of the comments around him,' said Pardew. 'Sometimes it's out of his control and out of my control.

'But we know each other well enough, and I've got no problems with him, because he is a team player who wants to do his best for the team. He has always been like that. The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That's where we are. It's still open in the next window.

'I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn't say, really. It doesn't really affect myself and Demba, because we've got a very good relationship.

'The bottom line is that you have to get your players to play at their best, and sometimes there are different methods for doing that.

'If I'm honest, he gave me exactly what I wanted (when he went on at Everton). But I knew there would be a response from him. Sometimes you've got to be honest, and I don't think he's played particularly well. The same can be said of Papiss Cisse, so he might have to deal with missing out next time.'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/demba-ba-wants-huge-pay-1332759?

Demba Ba has been warned to slash his wage demands or risk his future at the club.

The Newcastle striker is in talks to replace his three-year deal, but has been told to ‘get real’ after seeking almost double his current £50,000-a-week package.

Boss Alan Pardew hauled Ba in for talks on Tuesday, and says he won’t be pressurised by outside moaning, or player power, when selecting his team.

The contract row puts into context this week’s outburst from Ba and his entourage.

Ba had complained he was “not happy with some things” at Newcastle after being dropped for the Everton game, before coming on and scoring twice.

His brother called Pardew “crazy” via Twitter, and his agent warned the player could leave if he was left on the bench.

Ba - who was left behind with other senior players for the Toon's Europa League group-phase opener at Portugal's Maritimo - is available in January for £7.5million, as the release clause which caused so much uncertainty over his future opens again.

Ba and Pardew still have a good relationship, and Pardew will unleash him against Norwich on Sunday, but he wants the Senegal international to control his entourage better.

Pardew said: “I’ve already spoken to Demba and I said I was disappointed with some of the comments around him, but sometimes it’s out of his control and out of my control. We know each other well enough.

“The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That’s where we are - it’s still open in the next window.

“I just think people were saying things they shouldn’t say, really.

"It doesn’t really affect myself and Demba, we’ve got a very good relationship.”

Over the summer, clubs in Europe were put off paying the bargain fee because of Ba’s demands - said by sources on the continent to be more than £4m a year.

Pardew added: “The bottom line is that you have to get your players to play at their best and sometimes there are different methods of doing that.

“The truth of it is that there will be games that I go into with one striker, I’ll never steer away from whatever the opinion is around me, I’ll pick the side that I think is going to win the game.

“At any of the top clubs, you see the same thing. Van Persie has missed some games at Man United and we’re a big club, we’ve got to get results, thats our job.

“Players who play have got to try and get those results, irrespective of personal opinion it’s about what’s best for the team.

“It wasn’t just Demba. I”m just happy with the fact that everybody stepped up a level.

"We stepped up at Everton and challenged. We didn’t do that in the first half. The players deserve great credit for that. It’s not easy to do what they did and turn that situation around.

“I wasn’t tempted to bring Demba out here because I’d already made the decision and I’ll stick by that.

“If I’m honest, Demba gave me exactly what I wanted (at Everton). To be honest, I got that reaction at Everton, but I want it for Norwich!

“I’ve got no problems with Demba, because he’s a team player and he wants to do his best for the team.

"He has always been like that.”

How pathetic from his agents. I'm not convinced any of this is from Ba himself he's just made the mistake of having a merry brigade of advisors like Anelka did.

Pisses me off how at Man Utd etc they rotate the squad and no one grumbles. Like Pardew said, RVP was rested on Saturday and it won't be the first time. Ba and co have got to get it in their heads that it isn't being dropped its rotated. If he thinks he can angle a move to a 'big' club then he's in for a shock as 3rd choice striker

I thought that clause had expired!?

As did pretty much the rest of the football world.... thanks for letting other clubs know, Alan.

What a joke.

Pretty sure that's the point. Not sure why like as he's our best striker currently and we won't get anyone better for 7 million