Tooj

Don't disagree with that, BUT, still think Pardew should have done better with what he did have.

I think that's fair enough but I think Stevie made a great point recently about the summer leading to a loss of the momentum. We should never have sacked Hughton tbh ;)

It's the fact that he hasn't even seen the interview and wouldn't understand what they were saying if he did. From information he's received third hand there's now no doubt that a mass exodus is coming. I think he's got a hormonal imbalance or that oven cleaner's gone to his head.

Nowt to do with the interview daft lad I said all this weeks ago.

CT's on the wind up...again. If he's not, he obviously doesn't care how riduculous he's sounding after last season's "Mike can do no wrong" wankfest. If Pardew was the right man last season I fail to see what's changed significantly.

Maybe Pardew wasn't as good as it appeared?

Surely nobody can doubt how shit he has performed this season?

Sure he wasn't backed in the summer to allow him to consolidate or push on, but that doesn't excuse the utter dross he has played or the way he had capitulated to Ba or persisted with formations that font work.

Maybe Pardew wasn't as good as it appeared?

Surely nobody can doubt how shit he has performed this season?

Sure he wasn't backed in the summer to allow him to consolidate or push on, but that doesn't excuse the utter dross he has played or the way he had capitulated to Ba or persisted with formations that font work.

Is consistancy not important here then? I came a long way last season; I think I'd sound like a fuckin cock though tbh if I went from being ultra critical of the whole Ashley regime in August 2011 to being very complimentry in May 2012, then strted calling for the managers head in October 2012 :lol:

I agree largely though, espcially about Ba/Cisse...thing is, weve had at least one player from the midfiled/forward line out injured for almost every league game, making Pardew's selection of both more easily justified. I think theres a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know. For me I think even when he's looked fit Cabaye hasnt looked interested hardly at all compared with last season. His head's been turned iyam. We're linked again with that Sissoko this morning. Ba's making eyes at Arsenal but still doing the business on the pitch, but Cisse has suffered.

Thing is, we cant keep two players as good as Ba and Cisse happy on the money theyre on as they could both earn more elswhere and be the main man into the bargain. We need old fashioned "inside forwards" and we need them to be young,cheap and keen. Then we'll sell them on due to them being able to earn more elsewhere. Thats what we're doing here, and if the 4 you picked out do all leave before next season kicks off for a good sized profit for Ashley then he, the man you blew smoke up the arse of for 9 months last season, will feel its mission accomplished.

Edited by PaddockLad

We have Adam Capmbell, he's supposedly Bellamy esque.

One of our biggest problems is Ba, Cisse, Shola, Sammy and Ranger are all very similar players. We bring a sub on to change the game and the opposition don't even have to change the way they play to respond

We have Adam Capmbell, he's supposedly Bellamy esque.

One of our biggest problems is Ba, Cisse, Shola, Sammy and Ranger are all very similar players. We bring a sub on to change the game and the opposition don't even have to change the way they play to respond

I wouldn't say that either of the Ameobi's are like Ba or Cisse. Shola is just a big plank who if the referee goes against him, just gives freekicks away from the moment he walks onto the pitch. Sammy is a winger who's got about as much brains as his big bro but at least has a bit of mobility. The reason teams don't have to change to respond to them coming on is that at least 90% of the time, they're shite!

Sammy is a little different in that at least he has a trick or two. Shola is just a worse version of Ba/Cisse IMO though.

Yeah he has a trick but he hasn't got a fucking clue how to use it. If Shola wasn't so immobile I might agree with the comparison but these days he reminds me more of Riley or Cunningham!

Sammy is a little different in that at least he has a trick or two. Shola is just a worse version of Ba/Cisse IMO though.

They're all different but you have a point in that Ba and Cisse definitely want to take up the same positions. Shola on last season's form would be a better partner for either of them than Ba and Cisse are for each other. Funny how Ranger is ahead of Campbell in the pecking order now seemingly. Suggests Campbell's not ready (according to Pardew at least). It's also not ideal blooding youngsters in a struggling side.

I wonder if there are any top managers out there who are available, better than Pardew and willing to come and earn about the same as Nile Ranger's on.

About £10k less IIRC.

They're all different but you have a point in that Ba and Cisse definitely want to take up the same positions. Shola on last season's form would be a better partner for either of them than Ba and Cisse are for each other. Funny how Ranger is ahead of Campbell in the pecking order now seemingly. Suggests Campbell's not ready (according to Pardew at least). It's also not ideal blooding youngsters in a struggling side.

Isn't Campbell just getting over an injury?

Isn't Campbell just getting over an injury?

I did wonder about that as but I couldn't remember. Fit / available according to .com. He didn't feature in Europe either though, did he? Like I say, maybe a bit early for him.

Is consistancy not important here then? I came a long way last season; I think I'd sound like a fuckin cock though tbh if I went from being ultra critical of the whole Ashley regime in August 2011 to being very complimentry in May 2012, then strted calling for the managers head in October 2012 :lol:

I agree largely though, espcially about Ba/Cisse...thing is, weve had at least one player from the midfiled/forward line out injured for almost every league game, making Pardew's selection of both more easily justified. I think theres a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know. For me I think even when he's looked fit Cabaye hasnt looked interested hardly at all compared with last season. His head's been turned iyam. We're linked again with that Sissoko this morning. Ba's making eyes at Arsenal but still doing the business on the pitch, but Cisse has suffered.

Thing is, we cant keep two players as good as Ba and Cisse happy on the money theyre on as they could both earn more elswhere and be the main man into the bargain. We need old fashioned "inside forwards" and we need them to be young,cheap and keen. Then we'll sell them on due to them being able to earn more elsewhere. Thats what we're doing here, and if the 4 you picked out do all leave before next season kicks off for a good sized profit for Ashley then he, the man you blew smoke up the arse of for 9 months last season, will feel its mission accomplished.

The difference tbh is some on here want to lay every bit of blame at Ashley's door. Not me.

Not a great decision to just bend over and take it from Lille and pay the extra when they hiked Debuchys price up. I guess they thought after playing hardball and getting Cisses and saving millions they could easily do it again.

So let's draw a line under that. They should have strengthened.

Lets also just nail the next one which is it was a great move by the board to keep that team together and resist offers. Most, me included, thought a few may have been cashed in last summer.

So I guess we have a board who had just finished 5th, kep that team together and thought they could get by a few months til January.

None of that should distract from the abysmal job Pardew has done this season, long before injuries mounted up.

He kep banging away with no creativity down the left and everything else either hoofball or over reliant on Ben Arfa, playing two strikers that were not working in a 442.

With each game it got worse and worse and he had nothing. No ideas, nowt.

I said after 5 or 6 games that heads would drop and that this would snowball.

Even now he perseveres with players who are simply not doing it.

I thought he looked good last season, but this season he's failed the challenge.

I don't think many people lay all the blame at Ashley's door. Pardew did an amazing job last season but also got lucky with injuries and foreign players bedding in straight away (Cabaye and Cisse) then got Ben Arfa playing well in the 2nd half of the season. Think about it though, he's a bloke with an indifferent managerial record who hasn't got a massive amount to spend and, as I alluded to, is on peanuts. Now, that's not to say we couldn't have performed better this year and that he's not partly to blame but I'm not sure what the fuck people expect at the same time. Aye, you could point out we were poor when nearly everyone was fit early doors but we've been ravaged by injuries compared to last season. And are two most creative players are now out and we've got a small squad to start with.

And you keep banging on about the Ba thing but bearing in mind what I've just said I can understand Pardew doing all he can to keep him happy so he doesn't want to fuck off in January. Fair enough it's possibly back-fired a bit (although Cisse has looked poor anyway so I don't think it's just a case of playing 4-3-3 with Ba on the left and everything starting to come together).

The difference tbh is some on here want to lay every bit of blame at Ashley's door. Not me.

Not a great decision to just bend over and take it from Lille and pay the extra when they hiked Debuchys price up. I guess they thought after playing hardball and getting Cisses and saving millions they could easily do it again.

So let's draw a line under that. They should have strengthened.

Lets also just nail the next one which is it was a great move by the board to keep that team together and resist offers. Most, me included, thought a few may have been cashed in last summer.

So I guess we have a board who had just finished 5th, kep that team together and thought they could get by a few months til January.

None of that should distract from the abysmal job Pardew has done this season, long before injuries mounted up.

He kep banging away with no creativity down the left and everything else either hoofball or over reliant on Ben Arfa, playing two strikers that were not working in a 442.

With each game it got worse and worse and he had nothing. No ideas, nowt.

I said after 5 or 6 games that heads would drop and that this would snowball.

Even now he perseveres with players who are simply not doing it.

I thought he looked good last season, but this season he's failed the challenge.

Bang on the money CT. Couldnt have said it better myself.

I don't think many people lay all the blame at Ashley's door. Pardew did an amazing job last season but also got lucky with injuries and foreign players bedding in straight away (Cabaye and Cisse) then got Ben Arfa playing well in the 2nd half of the season. Think about it though, he's a bloke with an indifferent managerial record who hasn't got a massive amount to spend and, as I alluded to, is on peanuts. Now, that's not to say we couldn't have performed better this year and that he's not partly to blame but I'm not sure what the fuck people expect at the same time. Aye, you could point out we were poor when nearly everyone was fit early doors but we've been ravaged by injuries compared to last season. And are two most creative players are now out and we've got a small squad to start with.

And you keep banging on about the Ba thing but bearing in mind what I've just said I can understand Pardew doing all he can to keep him happy so he doesn't want to fuck off in January. Fair enough it's possibly back-fired a bit (although Cisse has looked poor anyway so I don't think it's just a case of playing 4-3-3 with Ba on the left and everything starting to come together).

He got lucky full stop. Ravaged by injuries ffs :lol:

We`ve had 2-3 first teamers out, thats standard procedure for every club in the division.

Look, whatever degree of blame you wish ( or not) to lay upon Pardew, with the managerial role follows an objective culpability regardless of specific factors.

This board seems divided in the fact that some assess blame to pardew for failing to play well and getting results this year ( Me, Aeris, CT)

The other lot point at alot of different things culminating in our rotten form, including a tight board. Fair enough.

Bottom line, it doesnt really matter.

Your team is doing shit? Tough luck, you are responsible.