Tooj

Have I got this right? You're now trying to portray the people who were arguing that we should've spent more in the summer / strengthened the squad in certain areas as being sympathetic to the owner. Honestly, you're nowhere near clever enough to pull off this wummery lark. You make Baggio look like Stephen Hawkins.

No, there is a difference between sympathy and acceptance. Many on here have accepted that as long as we are owned by Ashley, we cannot compete. That includes the current squad because of a select few ( willo, simpson, jonas ) who appearently screw it up for the other 8 players.

This view also partly excuses any performance displayed by pardew and also makes him nigh-on inculpable when it comes to poor results because its either because of injuries, the summer window or lack of investment or more likely all of the above.

My view is quite simple, we should be doing a hell of a lot better with the players we ahve, than what we have done this season. And that my friends, is down to pardew.

Martin Jol said it best when he had a not-so-subtle dig at wor alan after beating us again at the cottage:

"Newcastle have some fantastic players"

he is right you knaaa

Edited by Lake Bells tits

No, it's just a case of seeing the bigger picture. And you can't compete in the PL over a long period on the cheap. And before you mention Arsenal their wage bill is much higher than ours and Wenger's the best paid manager after Mancini iirc (I think he was no.1 until Mancini's new deal).

The bigger picture would be comparing our current batch of first teamers to that of the other teams, from which we would come out quite favorably.

Our first team is in the top-6 regarding player worth - why are we then playing and performing like a relegation fodder team?

Ignore the spending for a minute and look at our first XI. I hate Ashley but he HAS aquired quite a decent team who should be perfectly able to perform better than 70% of the division.

We arent and that is a pure managerial issue imo.

What we need is a premier league manager and 4 new premier league players. It's that easy... can cost us the Carrolls and maybe a little more, but it will be worth it.

Edited by Aeris

Unless we are to be bankrolled by a multi billionaire oil baron, we have no chance of ever competing at the very top.

Throwing £20m a centre back is pointless as he'll only be bought by Man City who will offer him even more.

The clubs at the top are running off the back of cash injections from their owners. The clubs below are trying to run off the back of the income they generate.

We are just about running with the cash we generate. We have one of the lowest season ticket prices in the league and some quality players. Last season some of our goals were up there with the best I've ever seen.

The margins are tight in the middle section of the league and a couple of wins can make all the difference.

Essentially, we need to accept that we're a mid table club. Some seasons we'll finish near the top of that mid-table area, others we'll not. We're in that group with the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Fulham and Stoke.

Fans of other clubs often accuse Newcastle fans of having over the top expectations. Finishing 5th last season was achieved on merit, but it also involved a few things going our way (such as the timing of playing certain teams and a core nucleus of our best players all coming good at the same time).

My expectation this season was to finish between 6th and 10th. I still reckon we've got a canny shot at that.

There are a few fans who sit around me exactly like LBT and Aeris - constantly negative, whinging and moaning, slagging players off, waiting for mistakes to somehow justify their abuse and then leaving 5 minutes early because the match isn't as important to them as catching the first metro. The season in the Championship was pure bliss for that reason - the miserable feckers didn't bother turning up.

Unless we are to be bankrolled by a multi billionaire oil baron, we have no chance of ever competing at the very top.

Throwing £20m a centre back is pointless as he'll only be bought by Man City who will offer him even more.

Essentially, we need to accept that we're a mid table club. Some seasons we'll finish near the top of that mid-table area, others we'll not. We're in that group with the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Fulham and Stoke.

You know city wont buy him right away, he will have to contribute considerably to our league position for a few seasons before they pull the trigger - by which time he has already helped us enough to be in a position to attract other good players. Yes there is always a bigger fish, but that doesnt mean buying good players is pointless since they will fuck off anyway.

For being a midtable club we sure have alot of players constantly linked with the top-4 clubs. That should tell you something.

I think a competent manager would have us play decent fotball at a closer level to the top teams than what we are atm.

We've paid this season for having a disrupted defensive unit, not just our back four but also Tiote who was instrumental in forming a first line of defense. This season Williamson has made many costly mistakes, and Coloccini too has had more poor moments than we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons. Jonas has been moved around more than ever before and doesn't seem to know what his role is out there. Tiote in comparison to last season has been horrible, the bad aspect are still there but now instead of making smart percentage passes he's looking to pick out intricate passes, or worse, to shoot fruitlessly from distance. The same rings true for Cabaye, he was forcing things, routinely trying to hit impossible volleys or make perfect passes. This was the core of our team and we just do not have it this season. We're even missing Guthrie, who was able to step in when Cabaye was unavailable.

or worse, to shoot fruitlessly from distance

Why do people persist in calling for him to shoot every time he gets the ball in the opposition half. Surely they understand by now that the goal against the Arse was a complete fluke! Annoys the fuck out of me

We've paid this season for having a disrupted defensive unit, not just our back four but also Tiote who was instrumental in forming a first line of defense. This season Williamson has made many costly mistakes, and Coloccini too has had more poor moments than we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons. Jonas has been moved around more than ever before and doesn't seem to know what his role is out there. Tiote in comparison to last season has been horrible, the bad aspect are still there but now instead of making smart percentage passes he's looking to pick out intricate passes, or worse, to shoot fruitlessly from distance. The same rings true for Cabaye, he was forcing things, routinely trying to hit impossible volleys or make perfect passes. This was the core of our team and we just do not have it this season. We're even missing Guthrie, who was able to step in when Cabaye was unavailable.

Fair enough, but how do you explain our turgid attacking displays. There is no appearent plan going forward?

Or is that also due to our frail defence? If everything goes tits up because of a central defender missing then perhaps someone is focusing excessively on keeping it tight at the expense of everything else...

Why do people persist in calling for him to shoot every time he gets the ball in the opposition half. Surely they understand by now that the goal against the Arse was a complete fluke! Annoys the fuck out of me

Bigi's and Anita's first goals were class as well. Here's hoping they can repeat them with more success.

:lol: It's a joke man.

Someone needs to let Tiote in on it.

:aye:

Amazing the amount of times he actually does shoot when the crowd asks him to do it. Doesnt seem to have a lot of self control, which explains the wild tackling too.

Edited by aimaad22

I fucking detest that little pipsqueak. Also does anybody else remember his forearm smash on Aaron Hughes when we got beat 5-3 at Old Trafford?

Aye, remember them both, the rubber faced cheating little twat. Got away with the smash on Hughes, scored the goal and no inquest at all from the media.

Weighing what alternatives you have and making clever decisions quickly, I give him 10/10. This is what makes good managers :)

Here, man, fuck off you loon. :lol:

I fucking detest that little pipsqueak. Also does anybody else remember his forearm smash on Aaron Hughes when we got beat 5-3 at Old Trafford?

Just like that episode of The Simpsons where Homer keeps imagining what dictionary definition he'll be used to satisfy....

homer_dictionary.jpg

...that foul is used by Wikipedia to exemplify what a professional foul in association football constitutes....

A notable example of such a foul was the 1998 tackle by Ole Gunnar Solskjær, playing for Manchester United at Old Trafford, who ran from within the Newcastle penalty area almost the length of the pitch to run down and trip Newcastle United's Rob Lee - with a clear goalscoring opportunity one on one with United goalkeeper Raimond van der Gouw. Solskjær was immediately sent off by referee Uriah Rennie (with the match finishing 1–1 and prolonging the Premier League title race with Arsenal).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_foul

"pull a Solskjær"

AYS, photoshop Solskjær into that dictionary pic would you ;)

Rob Lee would've probably scored and we'd have had a great chance of getting that Old Trafford monkey off our backs but that little shit brings him down to prevent that scenario. I understand fully what he did and it cost my club, so that combined with the Hughes incident and the general all round arse licking he got means I bare a grudge, I make no bones about it. I tell you what, the Man U PR machine is highly effective I'll give them that, had Suarez done that to Ben Arfa I don't think there'd be the same charity awarded on here.