Tooj

I hope he finds a club that want to pay his wages....or he might stop playing for a move and decide his knee is giving him gyp.

I hope he realises that his "advisors" are self serving sycophants, puts the whole lot of them out on the street, renegotiates a contract with Newcastle and goes on to win Footballer of the year.

but I'll admit my hopes may be a tad unreasonable...

If he is to go, I hope he agrees a deal to Liverpool, scores a hattrick against Everton, breaks down in the warm down session after the game, signs the Liverpool contract, then Doctor reveals it's worse than they feared and is out for the rest of the season...

There's this release clause you might not have heard about ;)

Yes but surely the clause is only activated if a £7.5m bid is made? Unless there is another clause that lets his entourage speak to whoever they like....

5live sports monkey said the same half hour ago......there hasnt been any club who has made an offical offer of £7.5mill to activate the release clause, and in so doing getting the right to speak to the player's agents. Same as the Ferguson thing on Boxing Day....no one in football is punishing either the likes of Chelsea or Ba's agents for this. But then I imagine NUFC would have to make an official complaint, and if you start to try to gain a bit of power back from players' agents in general then theyre very likely not to want to do business with you again. Thats how they keep the power. Cunts.

Pricing himself out of a move anywhere at the moment, but I think the 'we'll talk to other clubs' line is probably bollocks to force Chelsea's hand

The trouble is that I'd guess he's worth @ £20 million which leaves @ £12 million to spend on wages over 3 years.

After that he'll still only be 30 with a resale value of @ £5/6 million.

After what we paid, which was also due to a 'get out' clause, we should be prepared to pay a bit more to keep him, at least until the end of the season.

The £300k fine they got for tapping up Cole was clearly no deterrent. Obviously not gonna be when it's a tiny fraction of the transfer fee.

I wonder, if Ba's representatives contacted Chelsea, does that circumvent the tapping up laws?

Unlikely. Talking to players under contract is illegal, whoever speaks first

Fair dos

One of Ba's representatives is coming up on Sky Sports. One "Barry Silkman"... and if that name doesn't make your skin crawl I know what will.

Scumbag Agent Barry Silkman Caught On Tape Wishing Bobby Robson's Cancer Spreads

2303_silkman_01_cropped.jpg

In 2001, Silkman sued Newcastle United over the transfer of Chilean striker Clarence Acuna.

"I got f***ed by Newcastle and I ended up taking them to court. I settled for 25 grand when they owed me 100 grand.

"I took a player (Acuna) there (Newcastle) on trial. His club wanted $2.5m but I said don't pay it because they have got to sell the player.

"He ended up signing for 900 grand and yet they (Newcastle) still f****d me. Bobby Robson was my first manager at Fulham. I'd always kept in contact and I said ‘Bob how could you let them f*** me?'

"You know what he said? ‘You don't count. I'm the only one that counts. That's your hard luck."

"So you know what I said to him? I said: ‘I have a wife and a young daughter and a f*****g mortgage and you've turned round and said that to me.

"I said: ‘See that cancer on your nose? I hope it spreads all over your face and that you live a f*****g long, long, long life because the longer you live the more you will f*****g suffer.

"‘There's only one God and he's looking down at us two now and he's saying ‘Whose side am I on?' And let me tell you, Bob, it ain't f*****g yours because I have never f****d anyone in my life. F*** knows how many people you have f****d', and I walked out.'"

Silkman negotiated with then Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd over his commission on the Acuna deal.

"Freddy Shepherd came on the phone to me and went over the deal with me. I said: ‘Do I get it in writing?' and he said, ‘Yes, you will have it in writing.'

"When I went to the lawyer... I had it all on tape. I sent the tape to a journalist, 17 minutes and 18 seconds of him (Shepherd) saying to me: ‘I will never do you up, I will always look after you, I'm not that type of person. If we are going to sign the player I promise you, I guarantee you you will get paid.'

"I had the conversation on the Saturday morning and they signed him (Acuna) on the Tuesday. I took him there on trial, I paid for everything but they (Newcastle) never even offered me the money I had laid out."