Tooj

Pardew said last week it was a situation that couldn't go on, either he would sign a new contract without the clause (and I assume more money) or he would be moved on in this window or the next.

Whatever on Skunkers, who is K Shepherds mate, reckons the word is we offered Ba £80K/week in our final offer.

Whatever on Skunkers, who is K Shepherds mate, reckons the word is we offered Ba £80K/week in our final offer.

Chelsea rumoured to have offered similar, split £40k appearance, £40k base

If he scored at the same rate he has this year and the first half of last season it would be worth it. I'd say he'd be on one of the higher bases in the team at the moment with some very healthy incentives for goals. Would help to explain why he was visibly upset with being moved wide last season.

As someone on twitter says, if not Chelsea, where?

He won't get games at City, won't get paid at Arsenal, Liverpool are after Sturridge and would be unlikely to meet his demands either.

PSG? Anzhi?

I like Pardew's comments today in the media, praising the player but criticising the agents. Personally I think he plays the media well.

I think it's a given Demba won't sign a new deal with us, can't see him going to QPR but more than likely abroad.

I like Pardew's comments today in the media, praising the player but criticising the agents. Personally I think he plays the media well.

I think it's a given Demba won't sign a new deal with us, can't see him going to QPR but more than likely abroad.

I agree. Whatever the reasons for our slump, Pardew still comes off as cool and calm and doesn't put his foot in it.

The club wont have the piss taken out of them and give Ba stupid money but they would be insane if they weren't trying hard to hold on to him. 29 in 50 is a hell of a return & olnly Van Persie - playing in a superior side - has scored more than him this season.

The club wont have the piss taken out of them and give Ba stupid money but they would be insane if they weren't trying hard to hold on to him. 29 in 50 is a hell of a return & olnly Van Persie - playing in a superior side - has scored more than him this season.

You feel all the times we've been here before and the club have stood their ground over wages it's been ok because they were average/decent players. I just feel with Ba he is worth paying that 80k a week or whatever he wants, saying that it could be the fact his "representatives" are making things difficult and it's not about money but they want their big cut of £.

The fact is, Ba holds all the cards now. When he signed for us- we had a lot more wiggle room to maneuver a dael that worked in our favor. Now, as he should, he's trying to get the absolute most guaranteed money he can. I'm sure there are clauses on both sides that are absurd- but honestly why would Ba take incentive based pay now after being forced to play wide in the past (and seeing Cisse in that role now)

I'm always weary of folks who start throwing out the loyal card and all that nonsense. Some of these guys have 5-6 years at the prime of their career....of course they want to make the absolute most amount of money they can in that time....because face it- what are they going to do when they retire? No club is loyal to a player either, everybody looks for a way to get the absolute best deal for themselves. What does Demba Ba owe Newcastle? The same as Newcastle owes Demba- absolutely nothing. Ba has said all the right things all along, has kept his head down and has scored tons for us...

Tweet from him just there - not really up to snuff on my french but a pass through google translate didnt really do it any better.

Salut à tous. Rdv le 6 janvier pour le tournoi de football les princes de paris au gymnase pierre de coubertin à paris

went to:

Hi all. Appointment January 6 football tournament for the princes of paris at the gym stone coubertin in paris

if hes gonna be round those parts anyway maybe some merit in the psg interest? might be grasping a bit but i'd honestly be surprised for him to stay in this league if he left us

He'll maybe just be getting the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry after we play Brighton on the 5th, its nearby after all :)

Its looking like the people who spoke to Chelsea on his behalf may not even know him. Or some people who have no real connection with him are touting him around generally...Sky Andrew has just been on 5live saying as much. And whingeing about it. Imagine that. An agent moanng about the tricks other agents pull. Oh the fucking ironing.

He'll maybe just be getting the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry after we play Brighton on the 5th, its nearby after all :)

Its looking like the people who spoke to Chelsea on his behalf may not even know him. Or some people who have no real connection with him are touting him around generally...Sky Andrew has just been on 5live saying as much. And whingeing about it. Imagine that. An agent moanng about the tricks other agents pull. Oh the fucking ironing.

I wouldn't be surprised, agents make any of these potential deals a fucking nightmare - even worse when you start bringing clauses and reps into the picture. I've said it repeatedly and will continue to do so, no matter how many sources report and how many quotes people have. Until i see a player holding a clubs shirt fuck all is certain.

Could even turn out that it was a warning shot to NUFC to try and drum up a little more juice in the contract

"I'LL DO IT! I'LL REALLY GO!!"

also

oh-the-ironing.jpg

I think the club are just as happy for him to go. We didn't pay West Ham a nut for him as we were happy to take up his clause when the cockneys were relegated. Ba's entitled to play the same game again, as a club who search out these clauses to save the club paying the going rate we can hardly complain when it doesn't suit. (Well maybe we can but Mike and Dekka certainly can't.)