Tooj

RQLzL.jpeg

Hi Newcastle fans dont know if this is interesting to any of you guys but i've had words with demba's agent who says he had been angling for this move as he'd turned down some clubs from turkey in the summer so although there is money involved chelsea may not be his final stop what do you guys think?

Did you enjoy your trip to the darts ?

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "Signing Mathieu Debuchy is just a question of the medical really. He has quality and experience and that is what we missed tonight.

"Those key moments are costing us. Demba Ba has been hanging over us but we have drawn a line under it now. For us it's about bringing someone else in and we are working on that now."

Would like to think he was talking about a Ba replacement, not Debuchy there.

Would like to think he was talking about a Ba replacement, not Debuchy there.

I refuse to believe that even out lot are stupid enough not to replace Ba.

:unsure2:

the guys a Ba fan, not a Newcastle one.

same bloke who got annoyed at us for wanting senegal out of the ACoN early last season so we could get our player back, we should have been supporting Ba and Cisse and hoping our players do well for someone else other than us.

and obviously that's a crime...good luck with your season

He's Senegalese though, isn't he? I think he's just taking an interest in his country's players rather than the likes of that Kluivert fan who used to frequent here or NO.

Is he? I don't know tbh. But just to pass on my goodwill, I hope they do well at the ACN this January.

and obviously that's a crime...good luck with your season

not at all, somewhat invalidates your assertion that those of us who are newcastle fans should feel happy for Ba that hes going to be getting paid so well though

No andrew, it's not about money, but he is going to a bigger club that's all, it's just progression. The guy is 27 , I don't think there will be a lot of opportunities like this

Edited by Dembgoals

If it wasn't all about money they wouldn't needed several rounds of negotiations.

He went to a club who are all about money for money - and that's the only sense they're a big club, they won the lottery like Man City.

If it's not about money he'll no doubt move on again once he's not getting a game. Because, good player though he is, he's a stop-gap signing for Chelsea.

Yes I am. i still think you have a good team and you can perform without him. and Papiss is good too. You should maybe just say thanks to the man, who did cost 0 $ and did so much for you

See this comment is absolute crap.

The man had a job which he was paid extremely well for and fair to him he excelled at his work but to say he cost nothing and did so much for the club is ridiculous.

Personally I wish Ba all the best, I hope he enjoys sitting on the bench for 75% of his time at Chelsea, I wish him no ill but hopes when he gets to look back on his well paid career after retiring that he realises the nagging feeling inside him is regret for being nothing more than a player that chased the money when he could have been so much more to the supporters of the club he did his utmost to leave at the 1st opportunity.

Edited by sammynb

He'll be moving on soon from Chelsea as well. Each move brings another hefty signing-on fee and plenty of agent's fees for his pack of agents, who have a vested interest in seeing him secure as many moves as possible.

It was always going to happen. Thanks for the goals Ba, I hope you're a monumental failure at Chelsea though.

I agree with you, he will have to prove them how good he is

Obviously you're new to English football probably, but two words make Chelsea bigger than NUFC. Roman Abramovic. If we swapped owners we'd dominate Europe. Before he went there we were historically bigger than Chelsea, and fanbase wise light years ahead.

I don't blame Demba, we're nothing more than the 7th best club in this country while Ashley is here.

I agree with you, he will have to prove them how good he is

I'm not sure if you get the point I'm making. It's not really about proving himself imo. It's about them getting a good player on the cheap until they can sign the type of striker they're really after in the summer. He'll probably then go to a QPR-type side. I.e. someone who'll match / improve what he's on at Chelsea. There's absolutely no way he's in their long-term plans. He's cost them nothing when you factor in the Sturridge deal.