Tooj

That's fair enough although if we had any doubts over his knee then I can understand why we wouldn't want to take the risk.

Yeah, this all goes into it as well. My last few posts are taking a look at the larger picture- but honestly as much as I'm disappointed in the Demba Ba situation I get it from both ends of the spectrum. I just wish we already HAD another striker and were looking for another. Not behind the 8 ball and totally fucked

Yeah, this all goes into it as well. My last few posts are taking a look at the larger picture- but honestly as much as I'm disappointed in the Demba Ba situation I get it from both ends of the spectrum. I just wish we already HAD another striker and were looking for another. Not behind the 8 ball and totally fucked

Exactly. We're down to one quality striker in the books. The fact shola is now our second choice and Ranger third says it all. Shola should be 4th choice and Ranger rotting in the reserves

Ranger seeing action is all you need to know about the current state of affairs.

That's as much getting him in the shop window as it is lack of options tbf

Who the fuck would buy Ranger??

Serious question- I can't see any career path for him other than

* arrest

* jail

*sack

*addiction

QPR?

That's as much getting him in the shop window as it is lack of options tbf

Ehhh, 5 minute appearances are going to convince someone to buy him? Maybe it's just a reminder to the rest of the world that he still exists?

Good post, although any premiership footballer who ends up with money worries deserves them tbf.

I keep changing my mind on this one. The other day I thought the club were right to hold firm on paying him silly money, just because I thought it would upset the team spirit which was there last year.

The fact is though, why would any of our players stay when the owner will undo any good work achieved by cashing in or not investing anyway?

It all comes back to that in the end.

If I saw it correctly, I didn't see Cisse do the prayer-mat thingy after he scored against Everton. Perhaps that had been a Demba Ba showpiece that he felt obligated to follow, and now he doesn't. Be interesting to see if he ever does it again now that the Demba Ba influence has gone.

Come to think about it, Demba Ba is the only Muslim player I have seen do the prayer-mat head bowing after scoring a goal,, and there are a lot of Muslim players in the Premier League.

Unless your signing for a Man U or the likes then relegation clauses would perhaps seem sensible but as a club we took a chance on Ba and in a way it's come off if you look at it financially but now they need another rabbit out the hat. You can't keep doing it.

We needed a player to replace Carroll and Ba's representatives obviously were insistent on the clause.

He scored 7 goals in half a season at West Ham when they were absolute garbage so he'd already proven his worth. In light of that I don't agree that we 'took a chance' on him. The deal we struck for Ba worked for both parties. We got the goal machine we so desperately desired and he got himself firmly in the shop window.

The alternative to us not allowing the clause would have been him ending up at another club and we'd have struggled last season rather than flourished. We got what we needed out of it but if you thought he was here for the long term then I think you're being very naive.

We needed a player to replace Carroll and Ba's representatives obviously were insistent on the clause.

He scored 7 goals in half a season at West Ham when they were absolute garbage so he'd already proven his worth. In light of that I don't agree that we 'took a chance' on him. The deal we struck for Ba worked for both parties. We got the goal machine we so desperately desired and he got himself firmly in the shop window.

The alternative to us not allowing the clause would have been him ending up at another club and we'd have struggled last season rather than flourished. We got what we needed out of it but if you thought he was here for the long term then I think you're being very naive.

That's my take on it as well.

Anyone who activates a buy-out clause has earned the move they get and shouldn't be looked down-on for wanting more.

I'd have been put out if he'd left on the 31st Jan, but he hasn't, so I wish him all the best!

7 mill seems a bit low for a buy out clause in hindsight

Would have been forced into the contract by the agent with just this in mind.

How do we replace £10-15millions worth of striker with the 5 million we're getting from the deal and Mike Ashley signing the cheques?....

I take it that's what you meant by taking a chance on him and I agree. As I said earlier I don't blame him but all this wishing him well bollocks? Fuck right off man :lol:

7 mill seems a bit low for a buy out clause in hindsight

It'd have seemed like a stroke of genius if his knee had seized up. A greater release fee would probably have resulted in higher wages too.

It'd have seemed like a stroke of genius if his knee had seized up. A greater release fee would probably have resulted in higher wages too.

It would have been utterly redundant if his knee had went.

I take it that's what you meant by taking a chance on him and I agree. As I said earlier I don't blame him but all this wishing him well bollocks? Fuck right off man :lol:

We got 5th on the back of his goals last season...what if we'd spent the 10 million we need to spend now to replace him then?...tbh, I can't think of many (if any) who would have performed better for us even if we had gone out and spent that sort of money, but the mere existance of the clause indicates what his priorities were i.e. looking to make the most amount of money out of his career. Fair play to him, but the best I can say about him he quite plainly tried his socks off whilst here, at the same time as being a mercenary bastard. A lot better than some...yes, thats you Michael Owen.

I don't understand. If his knee had seized up, who would want to have bought him?