Tooj

Got to admit I am not overly excited by the prospect of Ba signing. Personally I was hoping for someone with more quality.

7 goals in 12 games for a relegated side? Thats pretty good goal to be honest and shows he has the bottle.

For nowt he is a good signing as a squad player.

Better than Shola thats for sure.

I know the stats - just not convinced. The guy hasn't failed medicals for nothing.

Failing medicals has nowt to do with quality.

If he's coming in as a squad player (maybe as a replacement for Ranger) he is not likely to get the same workload as a first choice striker, so being 100% on a medical is not as critical I guess. I would expect him to be on a pretty basic wage too?

If a key criterion is re-sale value, it seems unlikely we'd sign someone who's going to fail a medical in the future cos his knee's fucked. Innit.

If he's on a free then there's less risk. Though I take the point that we could be stuck paying the wages of a player that no other club will touch.

With our luck he'll be out star striker signing only to break down in the first match and be out for 6 months.

Got to admit I am not overly excited by the prospect of Ba signing. Personally I was hoping for someone with more quality.

7 goals in 12 games for a relegated side? Thats pretty good goal to be honest and shows he has the bottle.

For nowt he is a good signing as a squad player.

Better than Shola thats for sure.

I know the stats - just not convinced. The guy hasn't failed medicals for nothing.

Failing medicals has nowt to do with quality.

I reckon the Michael Bridges that could pass medicals was better than the one who couldn't. Happy with the signing tbh though, if it happens. We shouldn't be relying on him though due to his fitness concerns.

He'd be terrific as a 3rd striker, or perhaps even a 2nd if we're going with one upfront.

I wonder how many strikers we're going to buy. We're surely after more than one....maybe Ba plus a new No 9? Presumably Ba would be second striker but that presumes Ba and first choice striker stay fit.

Faced with the alternative of Best, Shola or Lovenkrands, I'd send Ba onto the pitch even if he wasn't fit. Fuck it, I'd send him on in a moon boot and crutches :lol: .

He'd be terrific as a 3rd striker, or perhaps even a 2nd if we're going with one upfront.

I wonder how many strikers we're going to buy. We're surely after more than one....maybe Ba plus a new No 9? Presumably Ba would be second striker but that presumes Ba and first choice striker stay fit.

Faced with the alternative of Best, Shola or Lovenkrands, I'd send Ba onto the pitch even if he wasn't fit. Fuck it, I'd send him on in a moon boot and crutches :lol: .

Despite the fact that those three outscored Defoe, Crouch and Pavulychenko ???

:lol: Yes, despite that.

Faced with the alternative of Best, Shola or Lovenkrands, I'd send Ba onto the pitch even if he wasn't fit. Fuck it, I'd send him on in a moon boot and crutches ;) .

Despite the fact it was also in less minutes on the pitch :lol:;)

Faced with the alternative of Best, Shola or Lovenkrands, I'd send Ba onto the pitch even if he wasn't fit. Fuck it, I'd send him on in a moon boot and crutches ;) .

Despite the fact it was also in less minutes on the pitch ;);)

Shola had a canny season and Best got more goals than I thought he would and I'd give a lot of credit to Lovenkrands fro some of the shifts he put in. It doesn't alter that they're all shite at this level though. Shola's probably the pick of the bunch in terms of effectiveness. Make of that what you will. I assume you're (at least partly) on the wind up anyway. Or I hope you are :lol:

Shola had a canny season and Best got more goals than I thought he would and I'd give a lot of credit to Lovenkrands fro some of the shifts he put in. It doesn't alter that they're all shite at this level though. Shola's probably the pick of the bunch in terms of effectiveness. Make of that what you will. I assume you're (at least partly) on the wind up anyway. Or I hope you are :lol:

Oh yes, definitely a WUM moment, although "shite at this level" is probably unfair (given my previous post about some players deemed not shite at this level) definitely should be improved on and not relied upon though.

Oh yes, definitely a WUM moment, although "shite at this level" is probably unfair (given my previous post about some players deemed not shite at this level) definitely should be improved on and not relied upon though.

It's closer to fair than unfair imo.