Tooj

<a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-via="Kevin_nufc">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>

Newcastle finished in what position last season? It was below Everton thats for sure, and as for the season before that, and the one before that... what about the one before that, and the one before that, and then just keep following that pattern for about 12 years or so.

<awaits abuse>

Just to address your main point concerning our relative league positions over the last 12 years:

1999/2000 -

11 Newcastle 38 14 10 14 63 54 9 52

13 Everton 38 12 14 12 59 49 10 50

2000/01 -

11 Newcastle 38 14 9 15 44 50 -6 51

16 Everton 38 11 9 18 45 59 -14 42

2001/02 -

4 Newcastle 38 21 8 9 74 52 22 71

15 Everton 38 11 10 17 45 57 -12 43

2002/03 -

3 Newcastle 38 21 6 11 63 48 15 69

7 Everton 38 17 8 13 48 49 -1 59

2003/04 -

5 Newcastle 38 13 17 8 52 40 12 56

17 Everton 38 9 12 17 45 57 -12 39

2004/05 -

4 Everton 38 18 7 13 45 46 -1 61

14 Newcastle 38 10 14 14 47 57 -10 44

2005/06 -

7 Newcastle 38 17 7 14 47 42 5 58

11 Everton 38 14 8 16 34 49 -15 50

2006/07 -

6 Everton 38 15 13 10 52 36 16 58

13 Newcastle 38 11 10 17 38 47 -9 43

And after this point your mob have finished above us under our disastrous leadership of Mike Ashley. That would make it 6-6 over the last 12 years though, and in our PL return the table looked like this:

2010/11 -

7 Everton 38 13 15 10 51 45 6 54

12 Newcastle 38 11 13 14 56 57 -1 46

Hardly a great deal of difference, and we both beat each other once this season. As for the claims about £70k a week, you clearly have no idea how our club is being run at the moment! Let's not forget the fantastic infrastructure of Newcastle United and the fan base and stadium/facilities on which we have to base ourselves. We are capable of challenging at the very top under the right guidance.

PS. Thought having a look back through the Sir Bobby Robson years might cheer up some Toon fans ;)

<a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-via="Kevin_nufc">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>

well that was a fucking success.

Newcastle finished in what position last season? It was below Everton thats for sure, and as for the season before that, and the one before that... what about the one before that, and the one before that, and then just keep following that pattern for about 12 years or so.

<awaits abuse>

Just to address your main point concerning our relative league positions over the last 12 years:

1999/2000 -

11 Newcastle 38 14 10 14 63 54 9 52

13 Everton 38 12 14 12 59 49 10 50

2000/01 -

11 Newcastle 38 14 9 15 44 50 -6 51

16 Everton 38 11 9 18 45 59 -14 42

2001/02 -

4 Newcastle 38 21 8 9 74 52 22 71

15 Everton 38 11 10 17 45 57 -12 43

2002/03 -

3 Newcastle 38 21 6 11 63 48 15 69

7 Everton 38 17 8 13 48 49 -1 59

2003/04 -

5 Newcastle 38 13 17 8 52 40 12 56

17 Everton 38 9 12 17 45 57 -12 39

2004/05 -

4 Everton 38 18 7 13 45 46 -1 61

14 Newcastle 38 10 14 14 47 57 -10 44

2005/06 -

7 Newcastle 38 17 7 14 47 42 5 58

11 Everton 38 14 8 16 34 49 -15 50

2006/07 -

6 Everton 38 15 13 10 52 36 16 58

13 Newcastle 38 11 10 17 38 47 -9 43

And after this point your mob have finished above us under our disastrous leadership of Mike Ashley. That would make it 6-6 over the last 12 years though, and in our PL return the table looked like this:

2010/11 -

7 Everton 38 13 15 10 51 45 6 54

12 Newcastle 38 11 13 14 56 57 -1 46

Hardly a great deal of difference, and we both beat each other once this season. As for the claims about £70k a week, you clearly have no idea how our club is being run at the moment! Let's not forget the fantastic infrastructure of Newcastle United and the fan base and stadium/facilities on which we have to base ourselves. We are capable of challenging at the very top under the right guidance.

PS. Thought having a look back through the Sir Bobby Robson years might cheer up some Toon fans ;)

So what your saying is that Everton have finished above Newcastle for the last 6 seasons in a row? Thanks for clearing that up.

£70k has come from an Everton ITK with good previous accuracy on things, until someone can confirm one way or another it's the only info we have. He was on £50k a week at West Ham so it's fair to say he'll be on a minimum of that at the very least.

mate, there's no way he's on 70k a week with us like. we've got a wage cap now. the days of us paying big money is over, sadly. did you not see what just happened with nolan? we're not in the business of splashing the cash anymore, despite the fact that we've the 35m liverpool paid us for carroll sat in the bank. no offence, but your itk clearly knows nowt about us.

Keep believing it though if it makes you feel better about your lot missing out on him.

Edited by Dr Gloom

£70k has come from an Everton ITK with good previous accuracy on things, until someone can confirm one way or another it's the only info we have. He was on £50k a week at West Ham so it's fair to say he'll be on a minimum of that at the very least.

70k is bullshit mate. If he's chosen NUFC over EFC on wages alone it's because you're lowballing. We just don't pay wages like this anymore, it's why we're pushing out the biggest wage earners. It's well documented that we're being tight on wages and transfer fees. Much like yourselves in fact.

70k is bullshit mate. If he's chosen NUFC over EFC on wages alone it's because you're lowballing. We just don't pay wages like this anymore, it's why we're pushing out the biggest wage earners. It's well documented that we're being tight on wages and transfer fees. Much like yourselves in fact.

Could be right mind, they could be aggregating fee and wages so £70/week is only (only !!!) £13Mill over 3 years, just like paying £5Mill for someone and paying them £35K a week (ish) over 3 years (for example).

Edited by Toonpack

Reading up on Baa, I was surprised to see he had spent some time at Watford, had a fractured tibia & fibia at one time, failed a medical on a proposed move to Stutgart, and failed a medical on a proposed move to Stoke.

Born in France but has played 10 games for Senegal. I wonder if that's because of family connections or realization that he would never make the French national team. A bit like Stroller now wanting to play for Nigeria. :blush:

Could be right mind, they could be aggregating fee and wages so £70/week is only (only !!!) £13Mill over 3 years, just like paying £5Mill for someone and paying them £35K a week (ish) over 3 years (for example).

Exactly, I was just about to post the exact same thing... would Ashley rather spend £10m on a striker and pay him £40k a week, or spend nothing and £70k a week.

I've been chatting to the Everton lads and the info actually came from 2 people:

LCAB who says its £70k a week - he broke the news we were signing Vellios & Eric Dyer a couple of weeks before either were even linked amongst other things.

Sheedy who says Ba came back and asked us to match the bid and would join if we did - He broke James Vaughan falling out with Moyes and would be sold in the summer about 4 months ago (nothing had been said until he was sold the other week by anyone else), and Carlo Nash leaving for stoke 2 weeks before anything linked in the press (plus the others I mentioned i.e. Shearer to Cardiff etc).

Both excellent sources.

Funny thing is that if one of you claimed a very reliable toon ITK said "x or y" then you'd all believe him, but because its an Everton ITK and its not what you want to hear then you jump all over it and say i'm full of shit.

Am just passing on the info from a reliable source, take it how you lot want, I have no reason to lie, and equally I have no need to spend my time trying to convince you that the info I have is from a solid source if you fail to even acknowledge there's a possiblity that someone other than a geordie might actually have some info on something related to your club.

edit - toonpack thats not aimed at you seeing as you actually talked some sense in your post :blush:

Edited by ajax_andy

mate, there's no way he's on 70k a week with us like. we've got a wage cap now. the days of us paying big money is over, sadly. did you not see what just happened with nolan? we're not in the business of splashing the cash anymore, despite the fact that we've the 35m liverpool paid us for carroll sat in the bank. no offence, but your itk clearly knows nowt about us.

Keep believing it though if it makes you feel better about your lot missing out on him.

He knows stuff about Everton, the fact that you were involved in the bid for a players signing along with us means that he knows something. He knows something about this deal, not your club... I never claimed anything other than that.

Exactly, I was just about to post the exact same thing... would Ashley rather spend £10m on a striker and pay him £40k a week, or spend nothing and £70k a week.

I've been chatting to the Everton lads and the info actually came from 2 people:

LCAB who says its £70k a week - he broke the news we were signing Vellios & Eric Dyer a couple of weeks before either were even linked amongst other things.

Sheedy who says Ba came back and asked us to match the bid and would join if we did - He broke James Vaughan falling out with Moyes and would be sold in the summer about 4 months ago (nothing had been said until he was sold the other week by anyone else), and Carlo Nash leaving for stoke 2 weeks before anything linked in the press (plus the others I mentioned i.e. Shearer to Cardiff etc).

Both excellent sources.

Funny thing is that if one of you claimed a very reliable toon ITK said "x or y" then you'd all believe him, but because its an Everton ITK and its not what you want to hear then you jump all over it and say i'm full of shit.

Am just passing on the info from a reliable source, take it how you lot want, I have no reason to lie, and equally I have no need to spend my time trying to convince you that the info I have is from a solid source if you fail to even acknowledge there's a possiblity that someone other than a geordie might actually have some info on something related to your club.

edit - toonpack thats not aimed at you seeing as you actually talked some sense in your post :blush:

It's that bit that is beyond believable though in my view. It's the same as every time we get a player Everton are interested in, "he's went for the money". I'd rather sign for someone like Fulham or Sunderland if I was a player personally.

Both excellent sources.

It's that bit that is beyond believable though in my view. It's the same as every time we get a player Everton are interested in, "he's went for the money". I'd rather sign for someone like Fulham or Sunderland if I was a player personally.

That would be a very strange decision to make.

Like I said i'm passing on info from 2 reliable sources... you can choose to not believe it. However the fact is its almost nailed on you'll always offer more wages

Edited by ajax_andy

A foreigner (even if he has been here a while) would have a colder view though Stevie - he'd see Everton's stability as a plus - I think you're right by the way but could see it being true anyway.

A foreigner (even if he has been here a while) would have a colder view though Stevie - he'd see Everton's stability as a plus - I think you're right by the way but could see it being true anyway.

A foreigner will be aware of Newcastle United over Everton though. He'd see the facilities, regardless what we think of Ashley there's money to invest in the team through the AC money and now Nolan, he'd see we've just signed someone who plays for his adopted country, he's obviously aware of who our transfer targets are, he'd be aware that our stadium is like a Rolls Royce compared to a Talbot Avenger at Goodison, he'd see a fanbase that is akin to U2 compared to Black Lace. He'd see a team that in recent memory were competing in the Champions League in March. Everton are skint, they can't compete with West Brom money wise let alone us, just a totally unattractive proposition.

A foreigner will be aware of Newcastle United over Everton though. He'd see the facilities, regardless what we think of Ashley there's money to invest in the team through the AC money and now Nolan, he'd see we've just signed someone who plays for his adopted country, he's obviously aware of who our transfer targets are, he'd be aware that our stadium is like a Rolls Royce compared to a Talbot Avenger at Goodison, he'd see a fanbase that is akin to U2 compared to Black Lace. He'd see a team that in recent memory were competing in the Champions League in March. Everton are skint, they can't compete with West Brom money wise let alone us, just a totally unattractive proposition.

Or he'd see a team that has done nothing for many many years... hell even in your golden patch of the 90's we won more than you lol!

He'll see a team that got relegated recently and a graveyard for many foreign footballers who came to you and were never heard of again.

So yes you have a nice stadium, but you have a complete mong in charge, you think your reputation as a club is second to none, when anyone I know who supports another team (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Sunderland) think your club is a joke. You lurch from one pr disaster to another, one footballing disaster to another, and yet you still think everyone looks at your club through the same rose tinted black and white spectacles you do.

Its just not the case.

There are 2 sides to every story, you have a lovely stadium, and a very passionate and loyal support... both things should be recognised as being a big positive factor, I have not denied that at any point on this board.

However you have MANY bad points to your club, and that is the reason you've won nothing in 50 years and why no-one takes you seriously as a major force in the game... your poor league finishes also back up this viewpoint.

My club doesn't have the nice stadium, and has less fans coming through the turnstiles... however you are a one club city and get 55,000... Liverpool is a 2 club city and gets gates of nearly 80,000 between then clubs, so I dont see much difference there.

We have excellent stability, consistent high placed finishes, and an excellent manager - all big draws for a player who isn't motivated by just money alone. We take players and develop them, we make them internationals and give them a home where they want to stay for the rest of their careers (in the main part i.e. Cahill, Tim Howard etc)

Please stop harping on about being in the champions league nearly a decade or more ago... I can hardly remember it so I hardly think anyone other than you lot give a rats arse about it.

As crazy as this sounds, I dont really rate Carroll any higher than Ba. This could be the bargain of a century.

The Ba-gain of the century perhaps?

Ok sorry that was pretty bad i'll admit :blush: