Tooj

And where are Everton going then? Moyes has had a decade.

Nowhere really, just consolidating in the top 7 or 8... unless you have billions to spend I dont see how anyone can compete with the teams currently making up the top 6.

And no the Toon can't compete with them either before anyone suggests they can

It's that bit that is beyond believable though in my view. It's the same as every time we get a player Everton are interested in, "he's went for the money". I'd rather sign for someone like Fulham or Sunderland if I was a player personally.

A foreigner (even if he has been here a while) would have a colder view though Stevie - he'd see Everton's stability as a plus - I think you're right by the way but could see it being true anyway.

A foreigner will be aware of Newcastle United over Everton though. He'd see the facilities, regardless what we think of Ashley there's money to invest in the team through the AC money and now Nolan, he'd see we've just signed someone who plays for his adopted country, he's obviously aware of who our transfer targets are, he'd be aware that our stadium is like a Rolls Royce compared to a Talbot Avenger at Goodison, he'd see a fanbase that is akin to U2 compared to Black Lace. He'd see a team that in recent memory were competing in the Champions League in March. Everton are skint, they can't compete with West Brom money wise let alone us, just a totally unattractive proposition.

Or he'd see a team that has done nothing for many many years... hell even in your golden patch of the 90's we won more than you lol!

He'll see a team that got relegated recently and a graveyard for many foreign footballers who came to you and were never heard of again.

So yes you have a nice stadium, but you have a complete mong in charge, you think your reputation as a club is second to none, when anyone I know who supports another team (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Sunderland) think your club is a joke. You lurch from one pr disaster to another, one footballing disaster to another, and yet you still think everyone looks at your club through the same rose tinted black and white spectacles you do.

Its just not the case.

There are 2 sides to every story, you have a lovely stadium, and a very passionate and loyal support... both things should be recognised as being a big positive factor, I have not denied that at any point on this board.

However you have MANY bad points to your club, and that is the reason you've won nothing in 50 years and why no-one takes you seriously as a major force in the game... your poor league finishes also back up this viewpoint.

My club doesn't have the nice stadium, and has less fans coming through the turnstiles... however you are a one club city and get 55,000... Liverpool is a 2 club city and gets gates of nearly 80,000 between then clubs, so I dont see much difference there.

We have excellent stability, consistent high placed finishes, and an excellent manager - all big draws for a player who isn't motivated by just money alone. We take players and develop them, we make them internationals and give them a home where they want to stay for the rest of their careers (in the main part i.e. Cahill, Tim Howard etc)

Please stop harping on about being in the champions league nearly a decade or more ago... I can hardly remember it so I hardly think anyone other than you lot give a rats arse about it.

Of the last 12 seasons, you have finished above us 6 times and we have finished above you 6 times yet you have the temerity to write that no one takes us seriosuly because of our because of our poor league finishes and you are a big draw because of your consistent high finishes.

Do you realise how much of a wanker that makes you sound?

£70k has come from an Everton ITK with good previous accuracy on things, until someone can confirm one way or another it's the only info we have. He was on £50k a week at West Ham so it's fair to say he'll be on a minimum of that at the very least.

70k is bullshit mate. If he's chosen NUFC over EFC on wages alone it's because you're lowballing. We just don't pay wages like this anymore, it's why we're pushing out the biggest wage earners. It's well documented that we're being tight on wages and transfer fees. Much like yourselves in fact.

Could be right mind, they could be aggregating fee and wages so £70/week is only (only !!!) £13Mill over 3 years, just like paying £5Mill for someone and paying them £35K a week (ish) over 3 years (for example).

Could be right could be wrong. Personally I don't believe it. The whole attraction of a free transfer is saving the transfer fee and I don't believe they would set a precedent of a player on 70k a week. It's all speculation obviously but to me it's a classic whinge to say someone's just chasing the biggest pay packet.

It's that bit that is beyond believable though in my view. It's the same as every time we get a player Everton are interested in, "he's went for the money". I'd rather sign for someone like Fulham or Sunderland if I was a player personally.

A foreigner (even if he has been here a while) would have a colder view though Stevie - he'd see Everton's stability as a plus - I think you're right by the way but could see it being true anyway.

A foreigner will be aware of Newcastle United over Everton though. He'd see the facilities, regardless what we think of Ashley there's money to invest in the team through the AC money and now Nolan, he'd see we've just signed someone who plays for his adopted country, he's obviously aware of who our transfer targets are, he'd be aware that our stadium is like a Rolls Royce compared to a Talbot Avenger at Goodison, he'd see a fanbase that is akin to U2 compared to Black Lace. He'd see a team that in recent memory were competing in the Champions League in March. Everton are skint, they can't compete with West Brom money wise let alone us, just a totally unattractive proposition.

Or he'd see a team that has done nothing for many many years... hell even in your golden patch of the 90's we won more than you lol!

He'll see a team that got relegated recently and a graveyard for many foreign footballers who came to you and were never heard of again.

So yes you have a nice stadium, but you have a complete mong in charge, you think your reputation as a club is second to none, when anyone I know who supports another team (Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Sunderland) think your club is a joke. You lurch from one pr disaster to another, one footballing disaster to another, and yet you still think everyone looks at your club through the same rose tinted black and white spectacles you do.

Its just not the case.

There are 2 sides to every story, you have a lovely stadium, and a very passionate and loyal support... both things should be recognised as being a big positive factor, I have not denied that at any point on this board.

However you have MANY bad points to your club, and that is the reason you've won nothing in 50 years and why no-one takes you seriously as a major force in the game... your poor league finishes also back up this viewpoint.

My club doesn't have the nice stadium, and has less fans coming through the turnstiles... however you are a one club city and get 55,000... Liverpool is a 2 club city and gets gates of nearly 80,000 between then clubs, so I dont see much difference there.

We have excellent stability, consistent high placed finishes, and an excellent manager - all big draws for a player who isn't motivated by just money alone. We take players and develop them, we make them internationals and give them a home where they want to stay for the rest of their careers (in the main part i.e. Cahill, Tim Howard etc)

Please stop harping on about being in the champions league nearly a decade or more ago... I can hardly remember it so I hardly think anyone other than you lot give a rats arse about it.

The day we care what mackems and Everton think is the day we chuck it? Why would we care? Explain why we would care. It shows we exist that you have an opinion, our only opinion of Everton is that it's a very boring club who no one really cares about and that's it. As for Sunderland they live to hate us.

We've won nothing for 42 years not 50 years. No one views us as a major force, aye and they were all piling on Everton to win the Champions League in 2005 eh? Look in the mirror before you say something like that.

Why do you use the argument of one club city? I don't see what relevance it has, all you do is highlight the reasons we have a far larger fanbase. This argument about the stadium makes me chuckle too. What relevance does it have? Again you're scoring own goals highlighting our better infrastructure. Everton never fill a 40,000 ground, you'd look like Wigan if you had our stadium.

You have no money. Kenwright is skint. It costs £28 to watch your biggest game of the season, you do not have the fanbase or finance to compete. THAT is modern football, and in the past your Ipswich's, your Forest's, your Villa's and Everton's could do something because it was less about the size of your club and more about how well it was organised. The fact is the way things are going, no one will ever compete with Man Utd and Chelsea without a rich benefactor, all I'm doing is giving you reasons why we are a more attractive club for a player than you are, and your counter arguments are pish, especially when you're saying we've won fuck all, and you've won one trophy in 25 year, two bald cunts arguing over a comb that mate. Besides in the last 15 years at least we've put title bids together, correct me if am wrong but I'd be amazed if you've had a Premiership season where you've been within 25 points of the champions.

Edited by McFaul

Andy there are more supporters going through the turnstiles throughout each month of the season on Tyneside than there is on Merseyside. Each area has 2 premier league clubs but Merseyside has a population of around 500k to 750k more than Tyne and Wear. And Merseyside has one club with a much vaunted 'world wide fanbase'...not that it helps them fill their place that often either....;-)

Its just not the case.

Of the last 12 seasons, you have finished above us 6 times and we have finished above you 6 times yet you have the temerity to write that no one takes us seriosuly because of our because of our poor league finishes and you are a big draw because of your consistent high finishes.

In the last 6 seasons we've finshed above you... how many footballers are gonna give a fuck where you finished 12-6 years ago?

So yes finishing 6th, 5th,5th, 8th, 7th will be a draw for a player over a team who have finished 12th, 12th, 18th (relegated), N/A, 12th

If you think its not then I can't help you i'm afraid.

Its not just your poor finishes in recent times, its the way your club conducts its business. I'm responding to the fact you said people see your club as being a shiny beacon of awesomeness, when in fact anyone I know who supports someone else thinks the complete opposite.

Andy there are more supporters going through the turnstiles throughout each month of the season on Tyneside than there is on Merseyside. Each area has 2 premier league clubs but Merseyside has a population of around 500k to 750k more than Tyne and Wear. And Merseyside has one club with a much vaunted 'world wide fanbase'...not that it helps them fill their place that often either....;-)

Choke, cough, splutter, gargle..... :blush:

Its just not the case.

The day we care what mackems and Everton think is the day we chuck it? Why would we care? Explain why we would care. It shows we exist that you have an opinion, our only opinion of Everton is that it's a very boring club who no one really cares about and that's it. As for Sunderland they live to hate us.

We've won nothing for 42 years not 50 years. No one views us as a major force, aye and they were all piling on Everton to win the Champions League in 2005 eh? Look in the mirror before you say something like that.

Why do you use the argument of one club city? I don't see what relevance it has, all you do is highlight the reasons we have a far larger fanbase. This argument about the stadium makes me chuckle too. What relevance does it have? Again you're scoring own goals highlighting our better infrastructure. Everton never fill a 40,000 ground, you'd look like Wigan if you had our stadium.

You have no money. Kenwright is skint. It costs £28 to watch your biggest game of the season, you do not have the fanbase or finance to compete. THAT is modern football, and in the past your Ipswich's, your Forest's, your Villa's and Everton's could do something because it was less about the size of your club and more about how well it was organised. The fact is the way things are going, no one will ever compete with Man Utd and Chelsea without a rich benefactor, all I'm doing is giving you reasons why we are a more attractive club for a player than you are, and your counter arguments are pish, especially when you're saying we've won fuck all, and you've won one trophy in 25 year, two bald cunts arguing over a comb that mate. Besides in the last 15 years at least we've put title bids together, correct me if am wrong but I'd be amazed if you've had a Premiership season where you've been within 25 points of the champions.

Sorry 42 years... those 8 years make such a difference now that you've pointed it out :blush:

Other than wages I dont think you are an attractive club... I dont the we are either... The top 6 are, yet you, us and the rest are always going to be 2nd choice to any player wishing to move to this country.

You see i can admit that... shame you lot think the sun shines out of St James' rear car park

"We have excellent stability"

I take it that means time served by manager and owner and not financially yeah ?

Both but it depends on how you look at it.

Our debt is very small compared to most premier league clubs... its the fact the board wont put the clubs long term future at risk that has kept us fairly solvent. However its also this strategy that see's us unable to progress above what we have done.

Choke, cough, splutter, gargle..... :blush:

That should say 'Tyne and Wear' but the point remains...posting on my phone etc etc :$

So yes finishing 6th, 5th,5th, 8th, 7th will be a draw for a player over a team who have finished 12th, 12th, 18th (relegated), N/A, 12th

So why wasn't it? Because I can guarantee you he isn't on the bullshit wages your ''Itk'' has plucked out of thin air to spare your blushes.

Its just not the case.

In the last 6 seasons we've finshed above you... how many footballers are gonna give a fuck where you finished 12-6 years ago?

If you think its not then I can't help you i'm afraid.

Its not just your poor finishes in recent times, its the way your club conducts its business. I'm responding to the fact you said people see your club as being a shiny beacon of awesomeness, when in fact anyone I know who supports someone else thinks the complete opposite.

WE DON'T FUCKIN CARE YOU FUCKIN NAKA!!!! I say this all the time but I'll say it again as Cantona once said "eet eez bettur to be talked about than not talked about even eef eet ees bad because eet show that you exeeest", and he's right, it shows we're important enough to be slagged off and talked about. No one talks about Everton because you're a dull non-event of a club. It's like Piers Morgan he's a fuckin arsehole, people talk about him because he is, more people talk about him than Bill Bradshaw, cos he quietly gets on with his job and doesn't have the profile of Piers despite holding similar ranking roles.

Its just not the case.

Sorry 42 years... those 8 years make such a difference now that you've pointed it out :blush:

Other than wages I dont think you are an attractive club... I dont the we are either... The top 6 are, yet you, us and the rest are always going to be 2nd choice to any player wishing to move to this country.

You see i can admit that... shame you lot think the sun shines out of St James' rear car park

Of course we're not but even with Ashley we are the most attractive club outside of the 6 big teams at present for all the reasons I've discussed. If you can't put a reasonable counter argument up you should pipe down and no mistake.

Ok so you're using Sunderland as an example, yet its in a different area completely and is again a one club city.

I see what you are trying to say, but at the end of the day your point isnt exactly a fair comparison.

Manchester would be one that you could compare Liverpool too as this is also a true 2 club city.... Tyne & Wear aint.

Anyway this is all getting rather tiresome... Its the same old shite debate, you love your club, I love mine, lets just move on from it as no-one gives a shit... we'll pick up the debate again in the future no doubt, mainly when we finish above you yet again next season or when Ba's knee implodes in the 1st minute of the 1st match of the season :blush:

I'll keep any info I get regarding your club to myself in future... you're all very defensive and even if I had a video of the negotiations in which Ba gets a £70k a week contract you would still all get up in arms about some Toffee on here daring to tell you something that's not from a geordie lol!

It would be nice to share info without hostility, but I guess there's no such thing as a perfect world eh?

Other than wages I dont think you are an attractive club...

Again, what's this with wages?

:blush:

Our wage bill is actually lower than Everton's these days that's what these gimps are forgetting :D as I said speak to one Everton fan you've spoken to them all. A thick mob of doilums, who lack personality and fluidity in their views, I've heard this for years off them. So fucking thick. Our captain has just left over a qwage/contract issue, our best player is leaving because of a similar thing, "ey la dem Jardies pay de wages only reason anyone wid join dem inbreds, why wid ye tehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn down de Evehhhtun wyy for dem blehhhhhhts?? Money". Mongs.

How aren't you getting this?

It's excuse making really.

Wages for new players tend to be low - before his new contract Tiote was on £10k.

Ben Arfa is on £40k. etc etc

Not the pie in the sky shit Andy seems to be implying.

How aren't you getting this?

It's excuse making really.

Wages for new players tend to be low - before his new contract Tiote was on £10k.

Ben Arfa is on £40k. etc etc

Not the pie in the sky shit Andy seems to be implying.

Again I passed on info from 2 reliable ITK's... you lot are fucking boring the pants off me with your shite. You don't believe them? Fine I really dont care... Like I said i'll keep the info to myself in future.