Tooj

Tell me more of his injury history.

A knee made of chocolate and statements from doctors and managers that anyone signing him would be "fucking mental" ?

Im just trying to provide some context here Tom, not argue. You dont have to tell me that his knee problem is blown out of proportions, thats preaching to the choir.

Wouldn't say Redknapp was overrated as a manager. Look at what he's done to Spurs for example.

That doesn't change the fact he's easily one of the most despicable characters in the English game. About time they banged him up for the [alleged] tax dodging.

Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

Muchas gracias! :)Think the club would be pretty eager to put this one to bed if there's no substance to it. Pardew could have easily discussed/dismissed it this morning alongside his 'we can win the cup' statement. Worrying stuff. Think only one of the richer clubs could afford the risk of a £10m fee for him, bit wary of Liverpool?

Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

Muchas gracias! :)Think the club would be pretty eager to put this one to bed if there's no substance to it. Pardew could have easily discussed/dismissed it this morning alongside his 'we can win the cup' statement. Worrying stuff. Think only one of the richer clubs could afford the risk of a £10m fee for him, bit wary of Liverpool?

It's all been made up from a speculative article from Karen Brady where she discussed a clause in his West Ham contract.

Everything else has been guesswork.

Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

Muchas gracias!  :)Think the club would be pretty eager to put this one to bed if there's no substance to it. Pardew could have easily discussed/dismissed it this morning alongside his 'we can win the cup' statement. Worrying stuff. Think only one of the richer clubs could afford the risk of a £10m fee for him, bit wary of Liverpool?

It's all been made up from a speculative article from Karen Brady where she discussed a clause in his West Ham contract.

Certainly hope so. But I was thinking about this a bit last night.Ba came here on a free so that obviously puts him and his agent in a strong negotiating position. He's already seen a move collapse to Stoke earlier in his career because of the risk involved in a high transfer fee. So bearing that in mind, Ba and agent will have had to be mindful that if he plays well here which obviously he is, it'd be impossible for him to get a 'dream move' without a low release clause. Without a low release clause, a club has to meet our valuation - which would be in excess of £20m given his form. I don't think any club would take that kind of punt on him, given his supposed knee condition. A release clause would be his only ticket to one of Europe's elite, I just hope Ba+agent haven't been that astute in negotiations, but given his previous (the remarkable one at West Ham) I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Guest CabayeAye

Are there any actual rules about 'tapping up'? Because if there are, that Übercunt Dirty Harry would get charged weekly.

The only thing that makes this more vomit inducing is the fact that all of his media chums are complicit.

Are there any actual rules about 'tapping up'? Because if there are, that Übercunt Dirty Harry would get charged weekly.

If it means that saggy faced cunt getting dragged over the coals then I sure hope so.

He knows what he's doing. He plays on the edge of the rules on this one. He's just answering a question posed to him.

Bit of an odd question to be asked considering we aren't current opposition-maybe a journo mate of his was handed a list of current targets.

"Mr Redknapp, you're Tottenham Hotspurs have all the momentum of a runaway train..."

Guest CabayeAye

He knows what he's doing. He plays on the edge of the rules on this one. He's just answering a question posed to him.

Bit of an odd question to be asked considering we aren't current opposition-maybe a journo mate of his was handed a list of current targets.

"Mr Redknapp, you're Tottenham Hotspurs have all the momentum of a runaway train..."

The guy who asked the question was asked to ask it by 'Arry. He uses his media buddies to get away with murder. Happens all the time. The BBC are particularly bad for misrepresenting things. Prime example is the media coverage of Nick Griffin on Question time. If you watch the show, Griffin didn't really say much and he avoided all controversy, but the next day the media made out that he was routed and came across a total idiot. Match reports, highlights etc etc etc. None of the media mentioned how bad Howard Webb was as the ref in the last match and if you didn't watch the match, you'd be forgiven for thinking than we were handed the 3-0 on a plate rather than playing well and deserve it. The media is 100% unreliable and completely lacking integrity or honesty. Which is why 'Arry is exploiting this fact to get away with tapping up for years.

Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

Certainly hope so. But I was thinking about this a bit last night.Ba came here on a free so that obviously puts him and his agent in a strong negotiating position. He's already seen a move collapse to Stoke earlier in his career because of the risk involved in a high transfer fee. So bearing that in mind, Ba and agent will have had to be mindful that if he plays well here which obviously he is, it'd be impossible for him to get a 'dream move' without a low release clause. Without a low release clause, a club has to meet our valuation - which would be in excess of £20m given his form. I don't think any club would take that kind of punt on him, given his supposed knee condition. A release clause would be his only ticket to one of Europe's elite, I just hope Ba+agent haven't been that astute in negotiations, but given his previous (the remarkable one at West Ham) I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Pretty much what I was thinking too, ended up with me being called a clueless prick by Tom :\

Oh wait, that was for the 3-0 DVD!

I doubt very much Ashley would have negotiated a low release clause. Minimum £15m iyam. Simple logic says that interest in the player will only be sparked with a good return of goals. He knows that you can sell a young English striker with 11 goals under his belt for £35m. To then put a release clause in a contract for a striker (which would only be triggered on the basis of exceptional performance, not average) for £10m or less would be daft. The player and the agent dont have that sort of negotiating power which is why you normally see very high prices in release clauses. The post above seems to suggest that because he has a dodgy knee, this meant he could exploit somehow his free transfer to negotiate a low release clause. Maybe he could get one inserted into the contract (difficult enough as it is) but i dont see why it would be low.

From last year's deal Ashley knows 2 things, a player has to score a certain number of goals before interest is sparked and that once a certain number of goals have been scored, the value of the player goes through the roof. The biggest deal apart from buying us Ashely has done was selling a striker who performed better than expected but the assumption is he learnt nothing from it? Nah.

Like you say Chez, its not likely. I agree. But my point is that given the circumstances of how he came here and the fact that he came on a free, I wouldnt COMPLETELY rule it out.

It would be a slip-up on our part no doubt. But then again, would anyone have guessed that Demba would be this good?

I agree about Ashley not being a mug in regards to that, but I'd point to Ba's agent being very sharp regarding the release clause at West Ham.

Ba held all the cards as a free agent.

Well some make it out as if we scraped him off the fucking street, that wasnt the case at all. He was one of the hottest prospects this summer on a free and there were several clubs interested.

If a release clause of 10 million was what were required to get him over the line on a free, whos to say we didnt jump? Thats still a hell of a profit if true.

I can see both sides of this argument tbh.