Tooj

Probably in cahoots with Ba's agent. Ba either moves or negotiates a nice new contract with us and harry gets a backhander from it.

Would love to see him get jail.

For tax evasion not for being a WUM. Calm down CT.

I'm still pretty disturbed by the fact that the regime OK-ed such a minimum release clause, if true.

I know the talk about buy low/sell high but if the club really wants to push on then we need to at least try and hold on to our best players.

This speculation did not really exist till Redknapp started mouthing off.

Wants to join PSG at some point

http://www1.skysport...ld-appeal-to-Ba

Demba Ba admits he would welcome the opportunity to turn out for Paris St Germain at some stage of his career, but says he will be going nowhere in January.

The Senegal international is currently on the books of Newcastle United, having completed a switch to St James' Park last summer.

His fine form on Tyneside has sparked speculation regarding how long he will remain in the North East, with it reported that he has a release clause in his contract.

It has been suggested that he could be the subject of sizeable offers during the current transfer window, with a number of Premier League clubs said to be keen.

Ba has attempted to play such talk down, insisting he remains fully committed to the Magpies.

Goal

He has, however, revealed that the chance to play for Ligue 1 leaders PSG further down the line would appeal to him.

Ba, who is currently away on African Cup of Nations duty, told RMC: "I have always supported PSG and it's a club that is enticing but it will be difficult to do that in January.

"My first goal is Senegal and getting a good result, then I want to continue playing good games for Newcastle.

"I'm in Newcastle, fans like me, and then the transfer market will be closed when I go back, so I'm not focused on it."

I don't like that bolded bit. Shouldn't even be contemplating it.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

What's the ruling on how many times a player can transfer clubs in a set period?

Ba was a Hoffenheim player until 28th January 2011. Then played for West Ham and then signed for us. Surely that means that he can't move on and certainly not until after the 28th?

That aside, Harry is a f*cking disgrace. If he knows the value of any release clause then he's either got that from the player or his agent and that's tantamount to tapping up. At the very least he's attempting to unsettle a player either in attempt to attract Spurs to him or simply unsettling a player in form who is playing for a club who isn't too far away from his own club.

If the FA had anything about them they'd warn him about his conduct.

So Harry's come out and said it's half the £10m now? what's his fucking excuse for this man it's a total disgrace, you can't just talk about contracts of players who don't belong to your club how can he keep getting away with stuff like this the horrible fucking tramp. Hope to see Modric get tapped up in the near future in a very blatant way.

How has this tosser any knowledge of our players contract, whether he has actual knowledge of it or not he should be banned for this imo. Look forward to the day this utter scumbag is out of football.

From what I know of the situation there is a significant pay as you play ascpect to his contract on acc of the knee. If a side comes in and offers him a bigger contract (standard one) he will be tempted, especially if it's PSG in the summer.

Yup, those comments about PSG ticked me off a bit. Im hearing about a link with Liverpool too now :glare:

worth remembering that Demba is actually french, born in Sévres (according to wikipedia, I dont just know this crap off the top of my head) which is a Paris suburb

Probably in cahoots with Ba's agent. Ba either moves or negotiates a nice new contract with us and harry gets a backhander from it.

Would love to see him get jail.

For tax evasion not for being a WUM. Calm down CT.

CT? Who you fucking talking to you prick?

As far as I knew, Ba's knee is tempremental to the point that one challenge will end his career. Plus he doesn't seem overly dedicated to the Toon as his comments about PSG suggest.

That's true of all players tbf...!

Oh and: