Tooj

And every expensive transfer is going to be a Luque/Owen signing is it?

Sometimes transfers or managers dont work out, that shouldnt be used as an arguement for not spending at all.

Money doesnt guarantee success, but show me ONE club whos had it WITHOUT spending money.

If you dont spend you will be left behind. Its that simple.

That's exactly what people have been saying. You have to be doing this on purpose now like.

And every expensive transfer is going to be a Luque/Owen signing is it?

Sometimes transfers or managers dont work out, that shouldnt be used as an arguement for not spending at all.

Money doesnt guarantee success, but show me ONE club whos had it WITHOUT spending money.

If you dont spend you will be left behind. Its that simple.

exactly. pardew should have been given some money to spend in the summer. we've been left behind because of it.

That's exactly what people have been saying. You have to be doing this on purpose now like.

exactly. pardew should have been given some money to spend in the summer. we've been left behind because of it.

"Its all down to the burns victim" ;)

retardew is a yes man, he doesnt have control over the money which has been "given" to him anyway. he cant put his foot down because he just want a job and get paid, he has no honour or integrity. recently it even looks like ashley's been working out most of the tactics and selections for him.

Just because Pardew is on 500k doesnt mean thats the ceiling necessarily... if relegation really becomes a threat then I am sure they realise that they will have to pay up a bit more to get someone in who can steady the ship again.

That being said they are probably happy enough having a yes man on 500k who defends the regime, that they wont do anything unless absolutely fucking necessary.

FWIW Hughton was sacked for being 11th in the league first year back after being relegated. Now we are on relegation form with a team full of stars. Make of that what you will in regards to how blameless pardew is.

Norwich paid 4 times Pardew's salary in compensation just to get Hughton from Birmingham, that's before you even look at his wage.

Sunderland pay 6 times as much as Newcastle to their manager, as do Everton and QPR.

Villa and West Ham pay 4 times as much, Fulham treble our managers wage.

There is no chance whatsoever of us poaching another top flight manager.

retardew is a yes man, he doesnt have control over the money which has been "given" to him anyway. he cant put his foot down because he just want a job and get paid, he has no honour or integrity. recently it even looks like ashley's been working out most of the tactics and selections for him.

So who gains by having a yes man then?.... you and you're alter ego are tying yourself in knots here...

I dont agree that you have to spend to stand still. It all depends where you are and what resources you have. I think in our situation, this has been shown to be true but i dont think its some sort of Premier League truism. Its only true for us because of injuries.

There is something else going on too, people are speculating about morale, problems behind the scenes etc but that speculation is a bit facile imo. I believe the problem is a mixture of factors, certainly the lack of investment and therefore our continued deployment of Championship standard players. Secondly the injuries & suspensions giving us a lack of continuity. Thirdly, Pardew. My personal take is what i've called the 'difficult second album' syndrome. This is actually a recognised phenomena in sporting teams and it has, imo, contributed to our position. The dynamics of any team environment evolves over time, the higher performing teams will drive that evolution more quickly as expectations, roles, frustration etc change because of the change in how players see themselves in the team. I think Pardew has not got his head round this, i think that his management techniques need to be a bit more circumspect and address the fact that even though the personnel has not changed, the team has. Maybe he has tried but its clear its not worked. We are less at it during games than last season because we are not motivated, enthused, believing and working for each other like last season. Pardew needs to sort it out but its not, in my experience anyway, something you can waive a magic wand at.

What about Ole Gunnar Solskjær, whats wrong with him? Likes to keep it on the ground, schooled under Ferguson and looks to duplicate his ethos - quick progressive passing.

Just took Molde to their second back-to-back league title.

He is on considerably less than 500k a year as well - 200-300 perhaps.

I dont agree that you have to spend to stand still. It all depends where you are and what resources you have. I think in our situation, this has been shown to be true but i dont think its some sort of Premier League truism. Its only true for us because of injuries.

There is something else going on too, people are speculating about morale, problems behind the scenes etc but that speculation is a bit facile imo. I believe the problem is a mixture of factors, certainly the lack of investment and therefore our continued deployment of Championship standard players. Secondly the injuries & suspensions giving us a lack of continuity. Thirdly, Pardew. My personal take is what i've called the 'difficult second album' syndrome. This is actually a recognised phenomena in sporting teams and it has, imo, contributed to our position. The dynamics of any team environment evolves over time, the higher performing teams will drive that evolution more quickly as expectations, roles, frustration etc change because of the change in how players see themselves in the team. I think Pardew has not got his head round this, i think that his management techniques need to be a bit more circumspect and address the fact that even though the personnel has not changed, the team has. Maybe he has tried but its clear its not worked. We are less at it during games than last season because we are not motivated, enthused, believing and working for each other like last season. Pardew needs to sort it out but its not, in my experience anyway, something you can waive a magic wand at.

Agree with all that plus a case of complacency on the part of the owner and Llambias after last season. I get the feeling they thought they'd cracked this football shit. Possibly after reading your posts on here ;)

What about the fact that we spend 4 days a week practicing how to stop the opposition, and friday afternoon before the game Carver is given some time to practice attacking?

Before you ask for sources, that is a direct quote from Carver himself last year.

Is that something you feel is the correct method to promote "the newcastle way" ?

So who gains by having a yes man then?.... you and you're alter ego are tying yourself in knots here...

I have no idea why, thats beyond rational sense. Maybe Ashley has been dreaming of being a football manager (maybe he played the game and got inspired), but needed a puppet so he could skip all the training and media-talk...

Stinking rich people have weird interests...

Edited by Aeris

He only recently knocked back Villa who are paying much higher wages to their manager than us.

NEXT!

Meaning Villa didnt interest him for other reasons than wages. We are a much bigger club.

Rodgers knocked back chelsea, did he not? Would that mean Liverpool should have saved themselves the phone call? ;)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Meaning Villa didnt interest him for other reasons than wages. We are a much bigger club.

Rodgers knocked back chelsea, did he not? Would that mean Liverpool should have saved themselves the phone call? ;)

Not according to Paul Merson, lol

Edited by Aeris

Even if our defence was packed with stars like debauchy and douglas we would still be gash going forward. Not that some on here would mind, we should be grateful to ashley for simply being in this division..

Have I got this right? You're now trying to portray the people who were arguing that we should've spent more in the summer / strengthened the squad in certain areas as being sympathetic to the owner. Honestly, you're nowhere near clever enough to pull off this wummery lark. You make Baggio look like Stephen Hawkins.

Edited by Alex

I fucking detest that little pipsqueak. Also does anybody else remember his forearm smash on Aaron Hughes when we got beat 5-3 at Old Trafford?

Aye, the baby-faced cunt.

I fucking detest that little pipsqueak. Also does anybody else remember his forearm smash on Aaron Hughes when we got beat 5-3 at Old Trafford?

Hughes knocked the ball past him on the break and he stuck the arm out and clothes-lined him. I also detest him.

Weighing what alternatives you have and making clever decisions quickly, I give him 10/10. This is what makes good managers :)

Don't think Chelsea ever offered him a role, he ruled himself out...in the same way Pardew ruled himself out of the England job.

Even if our defence was packed with stars like debauchy and douglas we would still be gash going forward. Not that some on here would mind, we should be grateful to ashley for simply being in this division..

I dont get it?