Tooj

So who do you think would be knocking on the door the following morning? Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse.....

So we then either pay them or have a very unhappy camp.

We dont have an Arab with endless billions. Not many clubs can live they way you suggest.

we have one of the richest men in the country running the club. he doesn't have the wealth of an oil rich arab or a russian oligarch but he could certainly afford to pay all of our top players the going rate if he wanted to.

he doesn't want to. it's something we all have to accept as long as he's in charge. he won't pay top wages and we will continue to lose top players to bigger clubs with owners that will pay more while we will rely on the scouting network delivering more quality imports on the cheap.

that's all very well when it works. there will be seasons when it does and seasons when it doesn't. but that's the limit of our current ambition.

where the owner really lets himself down is being so stubborn with his spending that it leaves us light in key areas - as happened in the summer and the window when we sold carroll.

Pardew:

"I'd like to wish Demba awwh the best at Chewsea and thank Mike for going aht there and getting Demba in the fiwrst place, trust me, there weren't many peepowh out there prepared to give West 'Ahm nuffink and bung Demba and his agent a few quid with a silly fahkin' clause but Mike did and I fink it needs put on record."

he's a billionaire. he could put more of his own cash in if he wanted to.

his net worth is about 1.7 billion yes, how much of that is cash?

So who do you think would be knocking on the door the following morning? Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse.....

So we then either pay them or have a very unhappy camp.

We dont have an Arab with endless billions. Not many clubs can live they way you suggest.

We could have paid him and his agents off till the end of the season, say half a million, and then let him join anyone he likes...the player and his agents get more that way, and we stand a better chance of staying up. Looked at the league table lately? 5th bottom last time I looked...speculate to accumaulate they used to call it...

we have one of the richest men in the country running the club. he doesn't have the wealth of an oil rich arab or a russian oligarch but he could certainly afford to pay all of our top players the going rate if he wanted to.

he doesn't want to. it's something we all have to accept as long as he's in charge. he won't pay top wages and we will continue to lose top players to bigger clubs with owners that will pay more while we will rely on the scouting network delivering more quality imports on the cheap.

that's all very well when it works. there will be seasons when it does and seasons when it doesn't. but that's the limit of our current ambition.

where the owner really lets himself down is being so stubborn with his spending that it leaves us light in key areas - as happened in the summer and the window when we sold carroll.

He is paying the players the current rate which is why they have signed.

Just because one player decides he wants an extra 30, 40 or 50 doesnt mean you say yes and upset the remaining 25 players who are quite happy.

All clubs lose players.

Right well obviously if you're going to be pedantic then clearly it's possible, well done for pointing that out. The reality is that If Ba says 'I'm only signing a contract with a 7.5mill release clause' then there's little chance of us negotiating otherwise. i

You're right, the internet is no place for Pedantry... ;)

I'm saying I'm fairly sure that with a concerted effort we could have raised the release fee to £12m.

To be honest Ba leaving sucks, but it's more that I do not believe we will adequately replace him.

Rubbish.

His knee is the reason we got him and not Stoke and his release clause is why he is on his way and approaches for the likes of Cabaye etc were knocked back.

(Thats not to say that all players dont have a price. Thats just a fact of modern day football at virtually every club).

I'm not getting into it with you cos I don't care enough and as usual you're only on here to try and wind your fellow fans up. Suffice to say though that what I said isn't rubbish.

Can you name all the bids we've knocked back for Cabaye BTW?

We could have paid him and his agents off till the end of the season, say half a million, and then let him join anyone he likes...the player and his agents get more that way, and we stand a better chance of staying up. Looked at the league table lately? 5th bottom last time I looked...speculate to accumaulate they used to call it...

You and I have no idea what deal was on the table. All we know is that he said no.

I'm not getting into it with you cos I don't care enough and as usual you're only on here to try and wind your fellow fans up. Suffice to say though that what I said isn't rubbish.

Can you name all the bids we've knocked back for Cabaye BTW?

Oh do fuck off back to general chat you tit.

he's a billionaire. he could put more of his own cash in if he wanted to.

Why should he ? (he's already in for £200+ Million - about 25% of his own cash wealth)

Let's pay Demba £120K a week, then what about Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, the pending Debuchy etc etc

Mac some its up perfectly well.

Mac ‏@2NarMe

@MsiDouglas I think we got a good deal. Free signing, essential goals & let’s be honest; many questioned his ability when signing.

Mac ‏@2NarMe

@MsiDouglas Well no deal’s ever “free”, but we’ve both helped each other out. He got a platform, we got his goals. Gutted to see him go

Mac some its up perfectly well.

Mac ‏@2NarMe

@MsiDouglas I think we got a good deal. Free signing, essential goals & let’s be honest; many questioned his ability when signing.

Mac ‏@2NarMe

@MsiDouglas Well no deal’s ever “free”, but we’ve both helped each other out. He got a platform, we got his goals. Gutted to see him go

:lol:

So we are the only team willing to sign Demba and his exploding knee. He has half a good season, spits his dummy out about where he plays in the team and fucks off the first time a team offers to bump up his wage and we should be patting him on the back on his way out of the door?

Remind me again how this is different from Andy Carroll being told he is leaving, given Ashley's private helicopter to Liverpool, and called a judas cunt for it every day since?

Thanks for the goals Demba but you are now firmly in Owen territory for me and I hope you sit on the bench for the duration of your career wishing you had held on to a good thing.

He wouldnt be a billionaire very long!

so you'd rather he didn't invest more in the playing staff? fair enough.

i'm disappointed he isn't prepared to pay our players more. it means we'll continue to lose players that come here and do well. players that come and exceed expectations will demand more money. it's like any business. you reward staff when they perform well.

i was excited when he first took over as it seemed we finally had an owner with the wealth to compete with the big clubs. sadly this isn't the case. and from a pure football perspective, it's difficult to see how any fan of the club isn't disappointed to lose another top quality player when we have an owner that has the wealth at his disposal to keep him.

You're right, the internet is no place for Pedantry... ;)

I'm saying I'm fairly sure that with a concerted effort we could have raised the release fee to £12m.

To be honest Ba leaving sucks, but it's more that I do not believe we will adequately replace him.

We don't even disagree really. :lol:

Why should he ? (he's already in for £200+ Million - about 25% of his own cash wealth)

Let's pay Demba £120K a week, then what about Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, the pending Debuchy etc etc

why should he? because he bought the club. and i'm a supporter of the club and i want the owner to give as much of a shit about retaining our star players as i do.

and yes, that means dipping into his pocket and paying the top players the market rate.

he's trying to run the club like a business. what he doesn't realise is football is a business like no other. if you want to be a top club, you have to have deep pockets.

We don't even disagree really. :lol:

Not massively. Nerves are raw at the minute though, I'd imagine a few people will join us in looking for an argument before anything else :lol:

i'm disappointed he isn't prepared to pay our players more. it means we'll continue to lose players that come here and do well. players that come and exceed expectations will demand more money. it's like any business. you reward staff when they perform well.

i was excited when he first took over as it seemed we finally had an owner with the wealth to compete with the big clubs. sadly this isn't the case. and from a pure football perspective, it's difficult to see how any fan of the club isn't disappointed to lose another top quality player when we have an owner that has the wealth at his disposal to keep him.

I think everyone is disappointed he's going but most seem to realise WE could do little about it.

I think everyone wishes Ashley would invest every last penny of his fortune but this and most other clubs are not run like that so its silly to keep dragging it out.

Finally, go into work tomorrow and say you want a 30% rise or you're off then let us know how you get on.

You and I have no idea what deal was on the table. All we know is that he said no.

Thats not to say that all players dont have a price. Thats just a fact of modern day football at virtually every club

So its ok for Chelsea but not ok for the club who had a higher average gate than they did when we were in the championship?

We're not allowed to try to keep our best talent?

We're not allowed to try to control a dressing room full of egos?

Sounds like you're happy with us not giving it a go. This is where Stevie's favourite subject "lack of ambition" comes in. Its why KK left in the huff. I don't know, I can see both sides,and appreciate our financial situation is somewhat different from Chelsea's, but am far from happy about it looking at where we are in the league.

Edited by PaddockLad

What's the point in being "disappointed" ? the club has to be self sufficient, he's said so, he won't change, it is wasted angst tbh

I think everyone is disappointed he's going but most seem to realise WE could do little about it.

I think everyone wishes Ashley would invest every last penny of his fortune but this and most other clubs are not run like that so its silly to keep dragging it out.

Finally, go into work tomorrow and say you want a 30% rise or you're off then let us know how you get on.

if i had performed for my company as well as ba had for nufc for 18 months after joining on a relatively modest salary, i'd fancy my chances. my boss would know he'd lose me to a rival newspaper otherwise. i work for a paper that people don't generally leave because successful performance is rewarded. but then papers are quite like football clubs in many respects. they generally lose money. it's the brand that generates cash - and brands are built on the talent of star reporters.

What's the point in being "disappointed" ? the club has to be self sufficient, he's said so, he won't change, it is wasted angst tbh

Would a deal to keep one player for 5 months really have sunk Ashley?...

I doubt it.

i know he won't change. still hard not to be disappointed as a supporter when you lose one of your best players. it just confirms the limits of our ambitions and where we are in the food chain.