Tooj

Disappointed he is going but I will reserve judgement until Feb as to whether we have made a monumental fuck up. Hopefully our other key players, HBA Cabaye etc see this as a one off, agent led deal rather than the beginning of the end

I really don't see why anybody here should be mad at Ba. The guy came for free, doesn't have a great contract, scored numerous Goals, helped newcastle have a fantastic season and qualify for European Cup, help the club bring in Papiss Cissé. The same guy see his club put a low clause in his contract, because they didn't have faith in his knee. And now he has a better opportunity, and he shouldn't take it while NCFC is the one that put the clause there?!

And there is another great advantage here for Newcastle. You don't have to worry anymore of seeing your 2 strikers go to African Cup, just one is more manageable.

Once again when you put the emotions aside, it's a good thing for both sides

I really don't see why anybody here should be mad at Ba. The guy came for free, doesn't have a great contract, scored numerous Goals, helped newcastle have a fantastic season and qualify for European Cup, help the club bring in Papiss Cissé. The same guy see his club put a low clause in his contract, because they didn't have faith in his knee. And now he has a better opportunity, and he shouldn't take it while NCFC is the one that put the clause there?!

And there is another great advantage here for Newcastle. You don't have to worry anymore of seeing your 2 strikers go to African Cup, just one is more manageable.

Neither Demba are going to that ridiculous competition this season.

Ba requested the clause be inserted into his contract. Why would the club want it?

Owen, Luque, Viduka to name three players, Shepherd to name one chairman!

Viduka was free, on hefty wages though.

@mansoon, I know that they are not going this season, but there will be other international duties and other things.

@ewerk, yes he demanded it but why? Because the contract was not good, due to the lack of faith in his knee, so it's a negociation. If he had a better contract their would be no such clause.

Neither Demba are going to that ridiculous competition this season.

the guys a Ba fan, not a Newcastle one.

same bloke who got annoyed at us for wanting senegal out of the ACoN early last season so we could get our player back, we should have been supporting Ba and Cisse and hoping our players do well for someone else other than us.

I don't blame Ba for going if he can double his wages. I hope he sits on the bench for the whole of his Chelsea career though

Agree with this and the sentiments of Alex etc. I've sort of accepted that the odds (Ashley, the league, the wealth of City etc) are stacked heavily against us prospering, so there's little point in getting upset about events like this occurring, because the writing's on the wall. The best we can realistically hope for is moments or a good run to enjoy, because we're never going to achieve anything substantial or sustainable without billionaires willing or able to throw buckets of cash at us.

Hi Newcastle fans dont know if this is interesting to any of you guys but i've had words with demba's agent who says he had been angling for this move as he'd turned down some clubs from turkey in the summer so although there is money involved chelsea may not be his final stop what do you guys think?

Yes, soooooooo you might say he took a hefty amount of money out of the club, yes? ( certainly when measured against effort/effectualness )

Read your own post before you move the proverbial ones ;)

I think I stopped reading when you said you spoke to his agent.

Aye ok.

I got a phone call from a very irate Barry Silkman followed by another from his trainer Jamie Lawrence i actually couldn't make this up if i tried hard enough. Got a new iphone 5 and a ton of wrong phone numbers calling with it.

Edited by thesilkmanfiasco

I got a phone call from a very irate Barry Silkman followed by another from his trainer Jamie Lawrence i actually couldn't make this up if i tried hard enough. Got a new iphone 5 and a ton of wrong phone numbers calling with it.

No-one gives a toss. Why not fuck off somewhere that does?