Tooj

Be great to see him back but I have my doubts about what we would be willing to pay compared to what it would take (for both him and Chelsea).

I see the Chronicle is linking us to that Toivenen from PSV again. Not seen him play so I don't know anything about him.

I see the Chronicle is linking us to that Toivenen from PSV again. Not seen him play so I don't know anything about him.

Toivanen is scoring heaps of goals in Holland, would be interesting to see how he would fair here.

No, no. He's simply not good enough. (it's Toivonen btw ;) )

• 5 months later...

Interesting that Ba sticks his boots in on Mourinho now. Most players would be celebrating instead of rehashing this. Wonder if this damages his chances into being recalled? I have to agree with JawD above.

"We have three great strikers and I think that a lot of clubs would like to have them"
"Maybe he [Mourinho] doesn't have strikers to his liking," said Ba.
''I'm happy to have liberated us. I haven't been given my chance much this season and I've taken it. I'm not out for revenge.''

Ba could average two a game between now and the end of the season and still not be in Mourinho's plans for next season. He is only going to play one up top and it's going to be whoever their big summer signing is.

@@ohhh_yeah

Change your avatar man, I keep thinking Leazes has been resurrected ;)

Hahaha I think you'd soon know if he was back mate he'd be all over the FFS thread like a rash the forum would be in some kind of melt down.

I was hoping he was back tbh.

dImyJ.gif

;)

Actually, I'd have him back but could imagine him being re-banned within the day for derailing threads and completely ignoring peoples points :lol:

• 3 months later...

Besiktas president Fikret Orman has confirmed that the club has been in negotiations with Chelsea FC for Demba Ba and they have agree on a transfer fee for the Senegalese striker. The 29-year old Ba was an auxiliary figure at the club until the end of last season and has been since linked with a host of clubs. The most recent rumor included a supposed loan move to Everton as they try and replace Romelu Lukaku. Instead, it appears that Demba Ba will be heading back to Turkey to play his football.

Besiktas president Orman confirmed the move by saying “Demba Ba is an excellent player. We have been in talks with Chelsea for a long time over bringing him to Istanbul”. The deal is still not done and Orman also said that “talks are ongoing. Chelsea initially wanted £10 million for Ba but we have negotiated a price we are happy with. We’ll tell the media once the final deal is done”.

The fact that Demba Ba is leaving Chelsea is interesting after the striker told the media that he had received assurances from Jose Mourinho that he had a role to play next season. Ba said, “Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay at Chelsea next season. He assured me that my situation would change. I see this as my reward from God. I weighed up the pros and cons, and think that I will stay put to see what happens”. Well Demba’s situation certainly has changed but perhaps not in the way that he thought it would. This move works out for Chelsea and Mourinho because Ba is leaving England and not going to a Premier League rival.

This sale means that Chelsea still have Diego Costa, Fernando Torres, and Romelu Lukaku left in the squad. This is quite a striker rotation which can only be improved by cutting Torres loose and either bringing in an outside striker or promoting someone from within. There is also still plenty of time to add another striker to the squad to replace Demba Ba and Torres is well if he is loaned out or sold.

Demba Ba scored some important goals for Chelsea in his time here and some of them were spectacular and we wish him the best of luck with Besiktas.

Besiktas's stadium, Inonu, is a crumbling mess, their fans are rabid savages, and they're completely overshadowed by their city rivals. That's coming from someone who likes them.

Undoubtedly it's all about the money. It's a mercenary move for a mercenary, he'll play 18 months there, do pretty well, and be off for another money-spinner, possibly to Dubai.

EDIT: Turns out they built a new stadium, but it only seats a few thousand more than the old one and there's questions about the acoustics. Too bad. Inonu had charm, in the same way that decrepit Roman ruins do.

Edited by acrossthepond