Tooj

i agree that we're probably a bigger pull than everton to a lot of players despite them finishing above us in recent seasons (and that's nowt to do with wages because we don't pay big bucks anymore). but they're hardly a micky mouse club.

Maybe mickey mouse is harsh, truth is I just don't like them.

Anyway Ba is at the training ground right now :wub: he's got some dig on him this kid like, really pleased with it, we're getting a £10m striker for nothing.

Erm dont go changing your mind half way through me writing an essay based purely on that one point you made! :);)

I doubt Emre had even heard of Everton to be honest. When Emre signed, we were in Europe Everton weren't we'd been a club who played in european semi's, quarters, Champions League's recent Cup Finals. He would've saw a world class stadium with 52,000 people every week, European football, one of THE richest and biggest financially speaking clubs in Europe, and you expect him to choose a relic of a club in a dilapidated old 40,000 stadium which is full twice a season, with a minimal transfer budget over us?¬?!?!? They are just stating facts. As for our league finishes you live in Ryton so I'm sure you're fully aware of our recent past.

You mention all it's trophies being sarcastic, the major thing about Everton is people say mickey mouse club, but a very historic successful one all the same. Yet Newcastle have a nearly bare trophy cabinet and are the biggest underachievers in Europe. Tell me Andy, how many more trophies do you have than us? FOUR. Fucking Four. Barcelona won four this year. FOUR trophies and that is the only single thing you have over us and it's minimal.

Depends on how you look at it really...

Toon:

Won the top division 4 times, the last being in 1927

Won the FA Cup 6 times, the last being in 1955

Won the Uefa Fairs Cup in 1969

Total major trophies - 11

Everton:

Won the top division 9 times, the last being 1987 but the titles stretch back through most decades

Won the FA Cup 5 times, the last being in 1995

Won the Cup Winners Cup in 1985

Total major trophies - 15

So yes we've only won 4 more, but come on the last time you won the league was in 1927 when all the teams were in black and white lol!

Your success post war is pathetic!!! At least we've acheived something in the (relative) modern era... most people dont even know the Toon have won anything ever! So hows that a high status?

Newcastle are the biggest under achievers in Europe? HAHA as if thats a tag to be proud of? am sure there are other teams who deserve that tag more anyway... just because you have a good stadium and are a single city team means fuck all! But as always the Toon faithful think they are bigger than they are! At least I can happily say my club is in need of an overhaul, and that we can't win the league even in our wildest dreams... some of you lot think you're fuckin Barcelona ;)

It was great when you got relegated because suddenly you realised that you were just another club, who didnt deserve anything just because you have a shiny stadium... shame as soon as you got promoted you reverted back to type, although it was rather satisfying to watch you limp over the last month or so of the season, after people on here were telling me you's would finsih above us, oh well there's always next season eh?

I dont have anything against Newcastle United, in fact i've always wanted them to do well, but its the arrogance of some supporters that annoys me beyond belief. You are not a "big" club, you are no more bigger than Everton, Spurs, Villa and many other clubs... lets just wait to see where the Toon finish over the next couple of seasons before we go making any bold statements about anyone being a Mickey Mouse club eh? With your lot in charge and the way your club lurches from one fuck up to the other I dont know how you can even dare utter that phrase lol! :)

I could give you a relatively articulate response to this but I can't be arsed. Should've left this forum in March to be honest. Sort your quoting skills out mate anyway.

I doubt Emre had even heard of Everton to be honest. When Emre signed, we were in Europe Everton weren't we'd been a club who played in european semi's, quarters, Champions League's recent Cup Finals. He would've saw a world class stadium with 52,000 people every week, European football, one of THE richest and biggest financially speaking clubs in Europe, and you expect him to choose a relic of a club in a dilapidated old 40,000 stadium which is full twice a season, with a minimal transfer budget over us?¬?!?!? They are just stating facts. As for our league finishes you live in Ryton so I'm sure you're fully aware of our recent past.

You mention all it's trophies being sarcastic, the major thing about Everton is people say mickey mouse club, but a very historic successful one all the same. Yet Newcastle have a nearly bare trophy cabinet and are the biggest underachievers in Europe. Tell me Andy, how many more trophies do you have than us? FOUR. Fucking Four. Barcelona won four this year. FOUR trophies and that is the only single thing you have over us and it's minimal.

Depends on how you look at it really...

Toon:

Won the top division 4 times, the last being in 1927

Won the FA Cup 6 times, the last being in 1955

Won the Uefa Fairs Cup in 1969

Total major trophies - 11

Everton:

Won the top division 9 times, the last being 1987 but the titles stretch back through most decades

Won the FA Cup 5 times, the last being in 1995

Won the Cup Winners Cup in 1985

Total major trophies - 15

So yes we've only won 4 more, but come on the last time you won the league was in 1927 when all the teams were in black and white lol!

Your success post war is pathetic!!! At least we've acheived something in the (relative) modern era... most people dont even know the Toon have won anything ever! So hows that a high status?

Newcastle are the biggest under achievers in Europe? HAHA as if thats a tag to be proud of? am sure there are other teams who deserve that tag more anyway... just because you have a good stadium and are a single city team means fuck all! But as always the Toon faithful think they are bigger than they are! At least I can happily say my club is in need of an overhaul, and that we can't win the league even in our wildest dreams... some of you lot think you're fuckin Barcelona ;)

It was great when you got relegated because suddenly you realised that you were just another club, who didnt deserve anything just because you have a shiny stadium... shame as soon as you got promoted you reverted back to type, although it was rather satisfying to watch you limp over the last month or so of the season, after people on here were telling me you's would finsih above us, oh well there's always next season eh?

I dont have anything against Newcastle United, in fact i've always wanted them to do well, but its the arrogance of some supporters that annoys me beyond belief. You are not a "big" club, you are no more bigger than Everton, Spurs, Villa and many other clubs... lets just wait to see where the Toon finish over the next couple of seasons before we go making any bold statements about anyone being a Mickey Mouse club eh? With your lot in charge and the way your club lurches from one fuck up to the other I dont know how you can even dare utter that phrase lol! :)

I could give you a relatively articulate response to this but I can't be arsed. Should've left this forum in March to be honest. Sort your quoting skills out mate anyway.

Haha it had too many quotes to post so I just removed some of it... I apologise for not meeting the required expectations

i agree that we're probably a bigger pull than everton to a lot of players despite them finishing above us in recent seasons (and that's nowt to do with wages because we don't pay big bucks anymore). but they're hardly a micky mouse club.

Why though? Because you support Newcastle United perhaps? ;)

Or do you think next season you'll finish above us, or the season after, or that we'll be relegated... or all of them?

Why are the Toon a more attractive proposition if the same wages were put on the table?

I don't think Demba Ba cares about trophies won tbh. As far as he can see great city, great ground** some nice Bas* etc plus we beat West Ham 5-0 here and 2-1 away so he's probably under the impression he's joining a much better team.

Oh and of course £. No way is he on £70k he'd pretty much be our highest paid player!

*Sorry **It must be hard to sell Goodison Park to a player as the area around it is rough as hell!

I don't think Demba Ba cares about trophies won tbh. As far as he can see great city, great ground** some nice Bas* etc plus we beat West Ham 5-0 here and 2-1 away so he's probably under the impression he's joining a much better team.

Oh and of course £. No way is he on £70k he'd pretty much be our highest paid player!

*Sorry **It must be hard to sell Goodison Park to a player as the area around it is rough as hell!

Aye but in all fairness Liverpool is a great city too, and although our ground is somewhat erm "retro" we have a great training ground and have consistently finished high up the table for many seasons.... so they can also be considered a pull for a player.

However like most footballers money talks, and you will probably always offer more wages, which is the reason in my opinion that a player might choose you or us

"but in all fairness Liverpool is a great city too, and although our ground is somewhat erm "retro" we have a great training ground and have consistently finished high up the table for many seasons.... so they can also be considered a pull for a player."

Clutching at straws tbh

No not really... if it were Spurs or Man City than maybe, but the only thing you have to offer over us is a bigger shiny stadium and silly wages. The rest is pretty much the same apart from you conistently finishing well below us year in, year out.

"but in all fairness Liverpool is a great city too, and although our ground is somewhat erm "retro" we have a great training ground and have consistently finished high up the table for many seasons.... so they can also be considered a pull for a player."

Clutching at straws tbh

No not really... if it were Spurs or Man City than maybe, but the only thing you have to offer over us is a bigger shiny stadium and silly wages. The rest is pretty much the same apart from you conistently finishing well below us year in, year out.

You really are fucking clueless. Wages. See once you've spoken to one Everton fan you've spoken to them all.

Where are you getting silly wages from? It's common knowledge that our players are leaving because they can get more money elsewhere ;)

£70k for Demba Ba.

Or if thats not true and its less then what is it? £60k, £50k? for a guy who failed 2 seperate medicals in the last 3 years for the same problem?

Yes silly money.

Clutching at straws tbh

You really are fucking clueless. Wages. See once you've spoken to one Everton fan you've spoken to them all.

Please can you construct sentences so that they make sense?

Where are you getting silly wages from? It's common knowledge that our players are leaving because they can get more money elsewhere ;)

£70k for Demba Ba.

Or if thats not true and its less then what is it? £60k, £50k? for a guy who failed 2 seperate medicals in the last 3 years for the same problem?

Yes silly money.

So Demba Ba will be our highest paid player?

You seem pretty wound up about not getting him tbh.

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

Aye but if you want to tell me where you're getting that figure from?

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

So Demba Ba will be our highest paid player?

You seem pretty wound up about not getting him tbh.

As stated I am glad we didnt get him as think we dodged a bullet. Already stated I think its a huge risk to sign someone who has failed 2 different medicals recently for big wages.

What annoys me is that you lot can't seem to get your head around any possibility other than that the moment he knew the toon were in for him he dropped his kecks and bent over for old rapey to finger him.

I have info from a very good and well respected ITK who has stated Ba said he'd join us should we match your wage offer... you dont want to believe that, fine, but please quote me something that states this is incorrect.

Its not as Black and White as you lot seem to think... if both clubs bid the exact same for a player its not 100% that they would always pick you... surely you can acknowledge that is correct?

If so then maybe, just maybe some people on here need to get off their high horse about it being a no brainer between the mighty Toon and shitty little Everton?

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

A guy called "sheedy" who has contacts at Everton, he's pretty much always spot on with his info. Not your usual run of the mill ITK, if he says something it pretty much always pans out the way he says it will.

Anyway I've written a song for Ba, people have been trying all morning on twitter here's my effort....

Ba Ba black star are you any good? Yes sir, yes sir I am class. He scored 7 in 12 games,he loves it up front, hes better than Shola cos he's not a lazy cunt

;) Aha ha ha ha!!!

Given that we wouldn't even give our captain and top scorer those sorts of figures, and reportedly wanted to install a load of incentive and performance-based clauses into his contract, I doubt we'll be giving Ba 70k/week base.

So how much do you think he'll be on then?

I've only asked this question about 3 times now with no response

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

A guy called "sheedy" who has contacts at Everton, he's pretty much always spot on with his info. Not your usual run of the mill ITK, if he says something it pretty much always pans out the way he says it will.

What else has he got? I'm not trying to say you're talking shite but the notion that Ba is on 70k at a club with a wage cap, a club that won't give Enrique what he wants to stay and has routinely said they're lowering the wage bill is hard to believe.

I reckon he'll be on about 40k fwiw.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

40k or less if the clowns in charge have any sense at all.

Of course, when you consider the contracts West Ham were handing out in their desperation, he might've already been on silly money and we might've had to match that.