Tooj

I've heard £50k tbh.

Which is reasonable for a free transfer with a decent strike rate - he also seems to play a decent amount of games per season tbh.

i agree that we're probably a bigger pull than everton to a lot of players despite them finishing above us in recent seasons (and that's nowt to do with wages because we don't pay big bucks anymore). but they're hardly a micky mouse club.

Why though? Because you support Newcastle United perhaps? ;)

Or do you think next season you'll finish above us, or the season after, or that we'll be relegated... or all of them?

Why are the Toon a more attractive proposition if the same wages were put on the table?

i think we're just a more glamorous club. we get way more coverage than you lot in the papers (not always good publicity admittedly), we seem to be on telly more than your lot. i'm not just saying that because i'm a fan. i reckon we've much bigger potential than you lot. we have the facilities, the stadium in place, the bigger fan base and with the right owner, i think we could go further.

that's not to say that with a bit of investment you couldn't have that too - a rich owner could come in, build a new stadium and splash the cash on transfers and wages. but as things stand, i can see why a lot of players pick us over you. and it's not because we offer massive wages because we don't anymore.

tbf fair to moyes, he's done a fantastic job with your lot with limited resources but he's done it by playing pretty horrible football. the last time everton were a truly exciting team was int he 80s. a side i grew up with and loved (i have family that are evertonians), but it's been pretty bleak for you lot since then. we've been up and down more since in that time but when we've been up, we've been much closer than any everton side has been since the great howard kendel side.

Where are you getting silly wages from? It's common knowledge that our players are leaving because they can get more money elsewhere ;)

£70k for Demba Ba.

Or if thats not true and its less then what is it? £60k, £50k? for a guy who failed 2 seperate medicals in the last 3 years for the same problem?

Yes silly money.

no way is he on anywhere near £70k a week. we stopped paying those sort of wages years ago. thrift is the name of the game under fat mike, didn't you know? that's why all our senior pros are on the way out.

I've heard £50k tbh.

Which is reasonable for a free transfer with a decent strike rate - he also seems to play a decent amount of games per season tbh.

He was apprently on £50k a week at West Ham, and i'm under the impression we were pretty close to this with our offer.

It'll be 50k with some incentives, I imagine then. He'll get a bit extra after ten games etc, wouldn't surprise me. There's no way we're paying out 70k straight in wages under this lot.

10/20 goals, not games, I meant.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

i agree that we're probably a bigger pull than everton to a lot of players despite them finishing above us in recent seasons (and that's nowt to do with wages because we don't pay big bucks anymore). but they're hardly a micky mouse club.

Why though? Because you support Newcastle United perhaps? ;)

Or do you think next season you'll finish above us, or the season after, or that we'll be relegated... or all of them?

Why are the Toon a more attractive proposition if the same wages were put on the table?

i think we're just a more glamorous club. we get way more coverage than you lot in the papers (not always good publicity admittedly), we seem to be on telly more than your lot. i'm not just saying that because i'm a fan. i reckon we've much bigger potential than you lot. we have the facilities, the stadium in place, the bigger fan base and with the right owner, i think we could go further.

that's not to say that with a bit of investment you couldn't have that too - a rich owner could come in, build a new stadium and splash the cash on transfers and wages. but as things stand, i can see why a lot of players pick us over you. and it's not because we offer massive wages because we don't anymore.

tbf fair to moyes, he's done a fantastic job with your lot with limited resources but he's done it by playing pretty horrible football. the last time everton were a truly exciting team was int he 80s. a side i grew up with and loved (i have family that are evertonians), but it's been pretty bleak for you lot since then. we've been up and down more since in that time but when we've been up, we've been much closer than any everton side has been since the great howard kendel side.

Toon have great potential, but you dont have the right owner. In fact he hasn't done anything to help boost your "glamour" at all I would say.

I guess you are saying we are an "unfashionable" club, but several european places and an FA Cup final recently would still see us viewed as a good team and one that is closer to the "elite" than the toon.

So it depends on what you want as a player? A "glamorous" team who bounce up and down the league (and out of it), who lurch from one PR disaster to the next, or a steady team who will always be close to the eufa cup slots?

Or money?

I think in about 90% of cases it'll be money

Having said all this, I do agree that money ultimately dictates where most players go in these cases. Players like Barton and Nolan with us are different circumstances as they've largely been forced out of a club they want to play for and have been made to feel unwanted (though Barton has thicker skin than most). With players like Ba, I think it's definitely a bidding war in terms of wage packets and that's determined it; I just can't see us offering anyone 70k a week unless they see serious re-sale value in him. I'd argue that when players like these come to middling PL teams, it's with aim to move on to better pastures quickly anyway.

Where are you getting silly wages from? It's common knowledge that our players are leaving because they can get more money elsewhere ;)

£70k for Demba Ba.

Or if thats not true and its less then what is it? £60k, £50k? for a guy who failed 2 seperate medicals in the last 3 years for the same problem?

Yes silly money.

Aye but if you want to tell me where you're getting that figure from?

A guy called "sheedy" who has contacts at Everton, he's pretty much always spot on with his info. Not your usual run of the mill ITK, if he says something it pretty much always pans out the way he says it will.

What else has he got? I'm not trying to say you're talking shite but the notion that Ba is on 70k at a club with a wage cap, a club that won't give Enrique what he wants to stay and has routinely said they're lowering the wage bill is hard to believe.

I reckon he'll be on about 40k fwiw.

Recent stuff would be that we are interested in N'Zogbia, but can't afford to cough up the £4.5m up front... he said this before the media said it.

Also Joey Yobo deal to Fenerbache is supposed to be done, but he's said its not as the club can't agree a fee. They have offered £2m but the deal we had in place was £5m I think (loan with view to buy for that price). The deal still hasn't been confirmed despite both sides seeming to indicate that it has been.

Ba stalling on a move to the Toon in the hope Everton would match your wage offered

Not earth shattering I know, but this is Everton we are talking about and this is pretty hectic as far as our transfer activity goes lol :)

Having said all this, I do agree that money ultimately dictates where most players go in these cases. Players like Barton and Nolan with us are different circumstances as they've largely been forced out of a club they want to play for and have been made to feel unwanted (though Barton has thicker skin than most). With players like Ba, I think it's definitely a bidding war in terms of wage packets and that's determined it; I just can't see us offering anyone 70k a week unless they see serious re-sale value in him. I'd argue that when players like these come to middling PL teams, it's with aim to move on to better pastures quickly anyway.

True, maybe though you could afford to offer him more due to the fact there was no transfer fee involved? Especially if he suceeds and like you say is moved on for a healthy profit?

I'm just speculating though.

It seems he was on a fair whack at West Ham though so i'd imagine any clubs would of had to start their offers at the £50k he was on and work up from there.

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

Aye but if you want to tell me where you're getting that figure from?

A guy called "sheedy" who has contacts at Everton, he's pretty much always spot on with his info. Not your usual run of the mill ITK, if he says something it pretty much always pans out the way he says it will.

What else has he got? I'm not trying to say you're talking shite but the notion that Ba is on 70k at a club with a wage cap, a club that won't give Enrique what he wants to stay and has routinely said they're lowering the wage bill is hard to believe.

I reckon he'll be on about 40k fwiw.

Recent stuff would be that we are interested in N'Zogbia, but can't afford to cough up the £4.5m up front... he said this before the media said it.

Also Joey Yobo deal to Fenerbache is supposed to be done, but he's said its not as the club can't agree a fee. They have offered £2m but the deal we had in place was £5m I think (loan with view to buy for that price). The deal still hasn't been confirmed despite both sides seeming to indicate that it has been.

Ba stalling on a move to the Toon in the hope Everton would match your wage offered

Not earth shattering I know, but this is Everton we are talking about and this is pretty hectic as far as our transfer activity goes lol :)

Oh yeah and Shearer to Cardiff long before that came out... although he seemed to think it was a done deal the day before it collapsed.

;)

pedro_mcdodge Pedro McDodge

To the tune of Vindaloo "demba baaaaa, demba baaaaa, demba baaaaaa, demba baaaaa naaaa naaaaaaaaaaa"!

One from twitter :)

Got to admit I am not overly excited by the prospect of Ba signing. Personally I was hoping for someone with more quality.

7 goals in 12 games for a relegated side? Thats pretty good goal to be honest and shows he has the bottle.

For nowt he is a good signing as a squad player.

Better than Shola thats for sure.

I know the stats - just not convinced. The guy hasn't failed medicals for nothing.

Failing medicals has nowt to do with quality.

There might be an issue with 'quality' if a player can't walk non? ;)

£70k for Demba Ba.

Yes silly money.

no way is he on anywhere near £70k a week. we stopped paying those sort of wages years ago. thrift is the name of the game under fat mike, didn't you know? that's why all our senior pros are on the way out.

Agree more likely to be around 45kray.