Matty

Just announced on twitter from the chief sports writer:

NUFC sign Sylvain Marveaux. Full story in @EveningChron

Edited by Tom

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another opportunistic signing. Looks a tricky player, the type that might struggle to adjust to the physicality of the league. Hopefully not though, could be a Pienaar style addition.

The French thing is obviously working for us at the moment.

No-one worried the scousers stepped aside after he failed a medical?

It is cause for concern for sure, have to have faith in our medical staff. At least we didn't try to compete with their reported wages that they pay free-transfers.

No-one worried the scousers stepped aside after he failed a medical?

More worried that we signed him without giving him a medical. Or did he do a full intensive one in Liverpool, fail it so then head up to NE for a very quick medical? All yesterday, he must have been busy.

Hopefully that's the end of the failed medical conjecture.

All we need now is DEADMAN to report back on his overall rating in FIFA so we know we've signed a winner.

Plays LW or centre. Also said not to have failed medical but couldn't agree terms with LFC.

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has underlined that his transfer to Liverpool fell through because he could not agree personal terms with the Premier League side.

The former France Under-21 international appeared set to sign for Liverpool on a free transfer from Rennes to put a couple of disappointing seasons, marred by injuries, behind him, but the move collapsed on Friday.

Reports in France suggested the transfer did not go ahead as Marveaux could not pass a medical at Liverpool, but the midfielder has now declared that was not the source of the problem.

"I do not want to go into details, but if I have not signed for Liverpool, it was because there was a contractual disagreement between the involved parties, Thursday evening," he told L'Equipe.

Marveaux, who stated he was 'disgusted' to hear such reports about him, stressed he is fit to play: "Today, I can undergo a medical before you and you will see there is no problem," said the 25-year-old, who made just 10 appearances for Rennes in 2010-11.

Edited by JawD

What excellent news to wake upto and hats off to the peeps behind the scenes doing all this.

I know people will tot up the 35 mill, but I wonder if there's been a plan in place to avoid fees leaving more cash for better wages. Ie allowing us to get more better calibre players.

Regardless seems like good news.

Is he any good? :blush:

All these French players, perhaps we are going for the Arsenal model after all :blush:

Or maybe try to play the way the French national team did on their last visit to Wembley? They wiped the floor with the English. However, before I get too carried away, I must remember this is Newcastle United with Parsnip doing the coaching.

Team a tad concerned that this is going to all end in tears.