Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Yup.

This is an unpopular opinion but I don't think Pardew and his coaches are stupid. He gets plenty wrong and to be fair he's admitted to that on occasion. But he's with these players every day at work and he knows far far more about them as players and people than any of us ever will.

It's more complex than playing a player constantly off the back of a decent 20 minute cameo or a good performance against a 10 man side.

We're all armchair managers and pundits and that's the beauty of being a football supporter. Without that forums like this would be redundant and half the fun would have been taken out of following the sport. People should say what they think but appreciate they've not the got the insight and experience of professional managers like Pardew.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

This is an unpopular opinion but I don't think Pardew and his coaches are stupid. He gets plenty wrong and to be fair he's admitted to that on occasion. But he's with these players every day at work and he knows far far more about them as players and people than any of us ever will.

It's more complex than playing a player constantly off the back of a decent 20 minute cameo or a good performance against a 10 man side.

We're all armchair managers and pundits and that's the beauty of being a football supporter. Without that forums like this would be redundant and half the fun would have been taken out of following the sport. People should say what they think but appreciate they've not the got the insight and experience of professional managers like Pardew.

He benched Tevez and Mascherano because he didnt "find a way to fit them into the squad". Two of the best players in the world. Tells you all you need to know about his ability to spot talent tbh.

You could hit him in the head with a bottle of champagne and he`d tell you it was Newcastle brown ale.

Re: Marveaux. The same pish was said about Ben Arfa a year ago, played poorly doesnt fit the team pardew sees him more than you armchair experts etc.

Was clear as fucking day he had a gift and you could see it in your fucking couch a mile away, funnily enough eventually he showed too much to be benched.

No doubt the pardew apologists on here will defend Wor Alan until he discovers marveaux is class albeit 6 months late just like with ben arfa and then it will be spun into another "managed him brilliantly kept him hungry " bullshit.

Some of the most zealous defenders of his decision to play obertan over Ben arfa is posting every day still, clueless gits. Go back a year and read my posts regarding Hatem. I was fucking spot on and even Stevie would admit to that after the blood haze has lifted :lol:

He is class, field him already - Pard8w.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

He benched Tevez and Mascherano because he didnt "find a way to fit them into the squad". Two of the best players in the world. Tells you all you need to know about his ability to spot talent tbh.

I was at the game at West Ham when we beat them 0-2, I think Duff scored, both Tevez and Mascherano were utter shite. Both were 'hauled off', Tevez at half time, Mascherano after 55 mins. The away end sang 'where's your argies gone?' as we played our way to 3 excellent away points. By the end of that season Tevez has got to grips with the premier league and helped them stay up but earlier on they were fucking awful and nowhere near good enough. You know nothing about how they were performing under Pardew at that time.

I was at the game at West Ham when we beat them 0-2, I think Duff scored, both Tevez and Mascherano were utter shite. Both were 'hauled off', Tevez at half time, Mascherano after 55 mins. The away end sang 'where's your argies gone?' as we played our way to 3 excellent away points. By the end of that season Tevez has got to grips with the premier league and helped them stay up but earlier on they were fucking awful and nowhere near good enough. You know nothing about how they were performing under Pardew at that time.

I presume that was the game Shay Given got injured, David.

Good post David

HAHAHA, ok so they were both shite players who didnt want to turn up for pardew. Not sure what way that arguement goes though - maybe they couldnt be arsed with his kick it long tactics?

One game :lol: So they were coincidentally both shite at West ham and both suddenly became world class then, got it :lol:

Just because he couldnt get them to perform doesnt mean they were poor players, wake the fuck up.

Cabaye and tiote would have been HAULED off repeatedly for their showings this season also FWIW - hoofball turns good players into poo ones.

As predictable as the sun rising you defending Pardew yet again.

Frenchies well-known affection for anal must have clouded your nostrils as your love for shite managers cause you to repeatedly dive to their rescue.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

You couldn't look more stupid if you tried. Tell me which games they performed well in before March of that season? They both struggled for form under the ridiculous circumstances they were playing. I was just pointing out what is generally known about how they were playing with first hand experience.

Anyway, like world class players Tevez and Masch, Marv is showing quality performances atm, and I never once doubted that. Stick him into the first eleven on a permanent basis, he's great.

Krul

New New Colo Santon

Anita Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa Cisse Marveaux

He wasn't that good against Man Utd in my opinion, however it was clear that in terms of technique he is far ahead of most other players in the side. His decision making wasn't great but that's to be expected given he hasn't played much in this side. He still doesnt strike me as the type of player that will put in the effort to get back when required, though happy to be proved otherwise. Ben Arfa is of course vastly superior, but an attacking midfield with Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cabaye and Tiote should have enough defensive mettle.

He wasn't that good against Man Utd in my opinion, however it was clear that in terms of technique he is far ahead of most other players in the side. His decision making wasn't great but that's to be expected given he hasn't played much in this side. He still doesnt strike me as the type of player that will put in the effort to get back when required, though happy to be proved otherwise. Ben Arfa is of course vastly superior, but an attacking midfield with Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cabaye and Tiote should have enough defensive mettle.

Agree with most of that however I thought he was motm against Man U.

Would love to see him playing that middle role with HBA one side, Ba the other and Cisse just ahead. Think we would be devistating.

You couldn't look more stupid if you tried. Tell me which games they performed well in before March of that season? They both struggled for form under the ridiculous circumstances they were playing. I was just pointing out what is generally known about how they were playing with first hand experience.

Players taking a bit of time to settle into a new league in a new country.

This is literally an unprecedented event!