Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvain Marveaux can fill NUFC creative void

ALAN Pardew thinks he may finally have found a player who can replace Yohan Cabaye – just as the Frenchman is inching back to fitness.

The build-up to today’s Premier League game at Arsenal was dominated by Sir Alex Ferguson’s scathing comments about Newcastle United and Pardew in particular. But his focus is on filling the hole left by Cabaye’s mid-November hernia operation, a job which could fall to Sylvain Marveaux.

Central midfielder Cabaye has missed 10 games, and while his return is not imminent, it could come ahead of the early February schedule. Steven Taylor is also recovering faster than expected from a hamstring problem.

“We hope to get Cabaye and Taylor back in mid-January,” manager Pardew confirmed. “Cabaye is kicking balls around but isn’t training with us. Hatem (Ben Arfa) is a little bit further away.”

Marveaux joined as a winger in the summer of 2011 but Pardew has experimented with him centrally this season, including the last half-hour of the Boxing Day epic with Manchester United.

With Vurnon Anita badly bruising his ankle in the 4-3 defeat, and James Perch likely to be pressed into service as an emergency centre-back by Mike Williamson’s suspension, Marveaux could find himself back there.

“Naturally he plays both positions, out wide and through the middle,” Pardew said. “Like Vurnon, he has found the pace and power of the Premier League a problem. I’ve thought just recently he has captured that part of the Premier League.

“What he does give us without Hatem and Cabaye is the clever pass. We’re going to have to look to him in the next few games to come up with a few of those. We have been looking for that since Cabaye got injured. Whereas Cabaye can do it in a 4-4-2, Marveaux would struggle in that, but in a three he can do it no problem.”

"If only I paid a bit more attention to Christmas Tree on Toontastic, I could have solved this problem ages ago", lamented Pardew.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/12/29/sylvain-marveaux-can-fill-nufc-creative-void-61634-32509791/

"If only I paid a bit more attention to Christmas Tree on Toontastic, I could have solved this problem ages ago", lamented Pardew.

Pardew categorically says in the article you quote that Marveaux cannot play in the middle in a 442, ie the Cabaye role. Was that not the role you suggested for him?

In the Southampton thread....

something like

Krul

Simpson Taylor Williamson Santon

Obertan Marveaux Tiote Ferguson

Ba Cisse

Pardew categorically says in the article you quote that Marveaux cannot play in the middle in a 442, ie the Cabaye role. Was that not the role you suggested for him?

Pardew talks utter bollocks. My point in highlighting the article was basically the cheek of the fucker they way he goes on.

It's been clear all season we needed creativity on the left, the centre and the shape of the team was dog shit. He has simply fell lucky.

Had he dropped Jonas and brought Marveaux in I would have have him some credit. But once again starting out most creative fit player was due to injury not great management.

It would be great if he could change his ways and learn, but for me he is a busted flush this season and nearly all his decisions have been poor.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he was upgraded.

Pardew talks utter bollocks. My point in highlighting the article was basically the cheek of the fucker they way he goes on.

It's been clear all season we needed creativity on the left, the centre and the shape of the team was dog shit. He has simply fell lucky.

Had he dropped Jonas and brought Marveaux in I would have have him some credit. But once again starting out most creative fit player was due to injury not great management.

It would be great if he could change his ways and learn, but for me he is a busted flush this season and nearly all his decisions have been poor.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he was upgraded.

Can I ask - do you think you know better than Pardew?

Can I ask - do you think you know better than Pardew?

Let me see, I've been saying for ages that Marveaux should be playing in the middle of the park, called for it on here by you and other numpties and yet Pardew who supposedly sees this player day in day out has only just realised it ( and let's remember it was forced on him due to Jonas been injured).

Pardew has been found out, just as quite a few on here have over the last few weeks.

Eye for football :)

Let me see, I've been saying for ages that Marveaux should be playing in the middle of the park, called for it on here by you and other numpties and yet Pardew who supposedly sees this player day in day out has only just realised it ( and let's remember it was forced on him due to Jonas been injured).

Pardew has been found out, just as quite a few on here have over the last few weeks.

Eye for football :)

You said he should play central in a 4-4-2 which is exactly what Pardew said he couldn't do in the article and from what I have seen I agree.

You said he should play central in a 4-4-2 which is exactly what Pardew said he couldn't do in the article and from what I have seen I agree.

Listen, some of you are desperately trying to save face here. :lol:

I made quite a few posts about Marveaux playing in the middle, the Cabaye role for France, tip of a diamond, off the strikers etc etc.

Just because I didn't list exactly which formation it would be ..... Unbelievable.

I talked about him controlling the ball, dribbling , picking out passes....all of which he has gone on to do..... While Pardew and most of you would still have played Jonas.

Pardews comments are embarrassing. He has had since August to sort this mess out and as we approach January, by luck we may be just about to turn the corner.

Laughable.

You're starting to sound a bit like NE5, accusing people of saying things they didn't, claiming you were right all along and was the only one who could see it.

Is this the male version of the menopause?

Great game from him today and didn't deserve to be on the losing side. That flick without the outside of his boot for Ba to score was wonderful.

It was delicious. Solanoesque but with the other foot.

Wasn't pleased with the way he was standing at the top of the box for their 4th (I think) but attack wise he was very good.

It was delicious. Solanoesque but with the other foot.

Wasn't pleased with the way he was standing at the top of the box for their 4th (I think) but attack wise he was very good.

I thinks it's one of those days where the strikers and attacking midfielders can turn to the defence and say "fucks going on with you lot"! :lol:

There is never an occasion when that's acceptable. Kudos for the assist and goal, but like Cisse and Obertan, Marveaux offered no support to the back four whatsoever.

Cisse in particular was constantly out of position (anyone would think he was a striker...) and Arsenal figured this out, completely exposing Simpson for the weak full back that he is.