Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Didn't go missing last night. Would have been motm but for Taylor.

Team should be geared towards giving him the ball at every opportunity.

I don't think kicking the ball towards the bench would be very creative for us.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marveaux has a shit load of technical ability, but the rest of the side have to work twice as hard to cover for him when he goes missing for 20-30 minutes at a time.

I think this gets bandied around far too much.

Hes started something like 7 PL games, in various positions, mostly before the French cavalry arrived when the team was at its worst yet still has the most assists at the club and has also put in some decent displays. 7 games!

Plenty of players have been missing a lot worse this season and started 3 or 4 times as many games.

CT, the reason that it's important to watch other football is that it gives you a broader awareness of football. Means you don't think players are better (or worse) than they actually are.

he's got big shoes to fill now ben arfa's out for the season. hopefully he can step up to the plate. he shows nice touches and can play a good ball but needs to do it on a more regular basis and not go missing in games.

I think this gets bandied around far too much.

Hes started something like 7 PL games, in various positions, mostly before the French cavalry arrived when the team was at its worst yet still has the most assists at the club and has also put in some decent displays. 7 games!

Plenty of players have been missing a lot worse this season and started 3 or 4 times as many games.

Selective use of appearance figures there like CT. Given that most of his assists have come as a sub, and lots of his assists have come in Europe, best to include them. He's played 29 games when you do that.

More than Guttierez, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Ameobi and Obertan.

There's only 3 of the last 18 league games he's not appeared in, only 3 where his time on the pitch was single figures.

He's started more Euopean games than anyone else in the squad.

My level of response? Your quoting NUFC blog for fucks sake.

He got an assist - so it's quite obvious why people will knee jerk.

If you think he was anything but shite on Thursday - then that's just you all over. Fucking clueless.

My level of response? Your quoting NUFC blog for fucks sake.

He got an assist - so it's quite obvious why people will knee jerk.

If you think he was anything but shite on Thursday - then that's just you all over. Fucking clueless.

What a tit!

So 620 people "knee jerk" about the guy who got the assist while only 70 "knee jerk" about the goalscorer.

You certainly are clueless. :lol:

What did he do well? Apart from the assist....

He was constantly "at them" and had various balls into the box that were not converted. His set pieces were a better standard than we have seen all season as well.

Suggest you re-watch the match when sober.

Really? :lol:

I was there, I don't need to rewatch anything. Apart from one or two chances the rest was catching practice.

If you weren't trying to paint a halo on the lads head we wouldn't be having this argument, go back to mumsnet for fucks sake.

Really? :lol:

I was there, I don't need to rewatch anything. Apart from one or two chances the rest was catching practice.

If you weren't trying to paint a halo on the lads head we wouldn't be having this argument, go back to mumsnet for fucks sake.

Embarrassing, truly embarrassing :lol: