Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

He doesn't work hard enough and is too lightweight for this division, which is a shame as he has ability. Needs to play further up the pitch with less defensive duties otherwise it's back to the bench. Impact sub probably his best bet.

CT always back the wrong horse :lol:

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He still played some tasty balls. Yes, he doesn't get involved much, but he's currently the only player capable of creating something out of nothing from our front 3.

If I were Pards I'd give him a run of games and a kick up his arse to put in more effort off the ball!.

I'd say Sissoko is more than capable.

Best ball of the day came from Cisse - from nothing, second best Tiote to Debuchy - who shouldn't have been off.

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to see him on the left in games like today. His reluctance to use his right-foot with Simpson behind him doesn't work for us. Especially as for some reason he kept on running himself into blind alleys down the touchline instead of trying to cut inside onto his left foot.

Think on certain occasions when the opposition are playing really deep like Fulham did today he could put some decent balls in from the left-hand side for Cisse to attack.

Think he would look a lot better on the right with Debuchy playing as he has added quite a lot to our play.

I'm not having a dig at Simpson either, I just rate what Debuchy brings to us. :up:

The most creative / dangerous player today by a country mile and you just expect something to happen when he gets the ball. So calm on the ball and actually thinks about what he's going to do.

Criminal that hes not playing as our number 10 as that is where he is most dangerous.

Hopefully he will get better and better with a decent run.

You didn't know what a number 10 was a month ago :lol:

I liked Marveaux today, he showed the effort he'd been lacking & really went for it. Good performance, though at times he didn't have the support he needed. Good move to have Marv taking the corners & having Cabaye hovering in the 'Scholes' role.

He's a massive improvement on Cabaye for corners and set pieces, even if we still don't really get anything from them. Good player, enjoying watching him right now.

He's a massive improvement on Cabaye for corners and set pieces, even if we still don't really get anything from them. Good player, enjoying watching him right now.

Is he really? When was the last time we scored from a corner, literally can't remember. Used to get a tinge of excitement when we won a corner, now I think were more likely to concede from one. Marveaux hasn't changed that. Didn't think he was that good today compared to Sissoko, Cabaye, or Jonas personally. Still strikes me as a luxury player tbh. Which is fine, for players of Ben Arthur's calibre, but not for Marveaux. Not yet anyway.

Is he really? When was the last time we scored from a corner, literally can't remember. Used to get a tinge of excitement when we won a corner, now I think were more likely to concede from one. Marveaux hasn't changed that. Didn't think he was that good today compared to Sissoko, Cabaye, or Jonas personally. Still strikes me as a luxury player tbh. Which is fine, for players of Ben Arthur's calibre, but not for Marveaux. Not yet anyway.

That's true, but having watched with a grimace so many of Cabaye's set pieces, I think that for me personally, Marveaux is putting the ball into better positions. I think Marveux could come good, he seems to be working harder and he looked useful to me today (probably would have scored had Cisse not been selfish in the first half). I'm not saying he's anything special but he worked hard for once.

That's true, but having watched with a grimace so many of Cabaye's set pieces, I think that for me personally, Marveaux is putting the ball into better positions. I think Marveux could come good, he seems to be working harder and he looked useful to me today (probably would have scored had Cisse not been selfish in the first half). I'm not saying he's anything special but he worked hard for once.

Aye, true, not knocking the lad, cos he worked harder and has improved, I'm just not clear what he is or what he's going to be. Like I said, we have much better midfielders imo if the squad is all fit, I don't see the lad as a long term player if I'm honest.

Seriously though, can we not get some coaching on corners, whoever takes them, its a fucking joke.

The most creative / dangerous player today by a country mile and you just expect something to happen when he gets the ball. So calm on the ball and actually thinks about what he's going to do.

Criminal that hes not playing as our number 10 as that is where he is most dangerous.

Hopefully he will get better and better with a decent run.

Fuck me gently. It was criminal that he wasn't in the centre of midfield this morning man!

I still tend towards the "heart of a pea" camp, but after today's efforts have started wondering whether it's all been down to a psychological fear of getting injured again. He provided more attacking options than Cabaye today but still needs to learn about the teamwork thang.

It could be I suppose. I think Ben Arfa had a similar issue after returning from injury and then having Roger Espinoza* hack him down and put him out for a month or two in a friendly. Although the injuries are of different causes - he's had a bad groin for a while - should get the Milan Lab fella to take his wisdom tooth out.

Still it was a lot better from him, whilst probably at his apex only a squad player I was comfortable with him most the time on Sunday.

*Espinoza who joined Wigan in January, nice lads there...