Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to play either in the middle or in a floating role from the left like David Silva does for Man City. He shouldn't be on the right.

Danny Rose had him in his pocket today. Forgot he was in the pitch after half time

Always been like that for him. Ive given up the hope he will be anything other than an impact sub. Shame because there is potential there.

He didn't have a great game but he was a lot better than the other attacking options we had yesterday and was a part of the majority of our attacks.

I've noticed Marv gets a lot more flak on this board for some reason(don't know if it is the CT factor). Fans on other Newcastle forums/communities online seem to rate him more highly and give him more credit.

Also, I can recall quite a few instances when the ball could have been passed to him but Tiote/Cabaye chose to go for the hollywood pass and failed miserably.

The game passes him by at times because we keep floating the ball over his head.

Edited by IndianMag

I thought he did alright yesterday, although that is in comparison to everyone else. I agree with the people saying he'd be much more effective in the centre though. He scares teams when he's running with the ball, and it would have given us an extra outlet rather than just punting hopeful crosses into the box.

Undecided. I don't think hes got the right mental attitude, he seems soft .

Can pass, thats for sure - but often passes into spaces that the team dont get into - can't blame him for those wayward looking ones.

Time will tell, but I don't think he's a first team premier league player yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would say a "heartless" player like him would be first for the moron to sell but since he's sold one with a heart already maybe he'll keep Marveaux just to be different.

• 1 month later...