Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Only time will tell, but a 5 year deal for a player who has chronic groin problems and fails a medical at Liverpool seems a bit strange to me. Let's hope we aren't tied down to more deadwood.

Gosling may be first to find out the details of his contract.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Nick-Poland guy serious or is he just a WUM? I don't even think a WUM can be that stupid

I doubt he's a toon fan.

Anyone who says "Up the Toon" sounds like a mole sent from Sky Sports. "Why aye lads, what you think of these latest signings? They sound ever so canny to me, Up The Toon, M'on the Magpies, Big Up the Barcodes"

Exactly. Howay the chaps everybody!

Only time will tell, but a 5 year deal for a player who has chronic groin problems and fails a medical at Liverpool seems a bit strange to me. Let's hope we aren't tied down to more deadwood.

I doubt we'd have signed him if his groin was still fucked. I think the Chronicle claimed he passed the medical at both Liverpool and ourselves. Mind you I think they were just basing that on what he said.....

We signed Ba, and his knees are still fucked.

Different player, isn't he? :blush:

If I was going to rationalise it, I'd say Ba has shown he can manage his knee issues and still turn out on a regular basis. Plus he's signed on an appearance based contract. But what the fuck do I know, they could both be complete crocks and the club doesn't have a clue.

I doubt we'd have signed him if his groin was still fucked. I think the Chronicle claimed he passed the medical at both Liverpool and ourselves. Mind you I think they were just basing that on what he said.....

It went through very quickly so you have to wonder how stringent the medical was. I don't believe he passed the medical at Liverpool or why would he be here?

It went through very quickly so you have to wonder how stringent the medical was. I don't believe he passed the medical at Liverpool or why would he be here?

True, it does seem suspicious :blush:

Aye, sounds like lpool couldnt agree terms is the reason he didnt sign, just hope he is over the injury problems he had last season. Could turn out to be a decent signing if so.

Jonas can just as easily switch to the right hand side. Once Enrique is gone the connection will leave no reason to keep him on the left. Sell off Barton and he'll be shifted to the right. The payoff from that could be some slightly more consistent crossing off his right foot. Marveaux doesn't sound like he could switch sides at all being heavily left footed he will either operate down the left or through the middle.

True, it does seem suspicious :blush:

The word on the street (ITK-Tastic) is that as he was undergoing his medical on Merseyside, the word there was NUFC were paying £70/week wages. Naturally, he said, and I quote, "I'll 'av sum of thaaat, guv." and got the first train to Tyneside.

Obviously the complete waste of money on Gosling (so far...) and Ireland hasnt deterred our recruitment team...false economy getting rid of Nolan and more than likely Barton and then signing apparently more players with either current or dubious histories when it comes to injuries.

Too many players without premier league experiance to blend in too if you ask me. Another huge gamble from fat Mike, which is par for the course with him I suppose.

Liverpool are paying Henderson upwards of 60k a week, how could they not agree terms with Marveaux? Sounds dodgy. If they rated Henderson 20 million times better than Marveaux then I'm not expecting much from him, that's IF he plays at all given his unrelenting groin issues. Hopefully there's a celibacy clause in his contract and it is heavily incentivised to avoid us paying out wages to the lad when his groin flares up again.

A celibacy clause :blush:

We'll see how this goes. Definitely has the potential to be another Gosling or Campbell, aka chronically unfit players, but he could be a good signing as well. Certainly we're in need of wingers.

Is this Nick-Poland guy serious or is he just a WUM? I don't even think a WUM can be that stupid

I doubt he's a toon fan.

Anyone who says "Up the Toon" sounds like a mole sent from Sky Sports. "Why aye lads, what you think of these latest signings? They sound ever so canny to me, Up The Toon, M'on the Magpies, Big Up the Barcodes"

i know that the knuckle-dragging section of our fans (all clubs are cursed with a knuckle-dragging section) wouldn't approve of 'Up the Toon'. Fortunately, I don't give a damn what that lot of gorillas think.

I'm happy when we do well, I'm gutted when we disappoint. I bet that doesn't apply to loads of the knuckle-draggers, who would rather we hadn't got promoted, so that they could have more people joining in their, increasingly meaningless chants of Ashley out.

I doubt he's a toon fan.

i know that the knuckle-dragging section of our fans (all clubs are cursed with a knuckle-dragging section) wouldn't approve of 'Up the Toon'. Fortunately, I don't give a damn what that lot of gorillas think.

I'm happy when we do well, I'm gutted when we disappoint. I bet that doesn't apply to loads of the knuckle-draggers, who would rather we hadn't got promoted, so that they could have more people joining in their, increasingly meaningless chants of Ashley out.

God, you Polish talk shite, aswell as eat shite aswell.

I doubt he's a toon fan.

I'm not actually THAT anti-Ashley, i'm also ridiculously optimistic, but irrelevant of my personal opinions about the club, your idiotic talk is just boring. Even the most annoying, too-pro or too-anti Ashley poster on here I can deal with, safe in the knowledge that they support Newcastle, and really only want what they beleive is best for our club. You though, i've never seen such a bullshit, anti-Newcastle, anti-football poster and person. In fact if it turned out you'd never seen a Newcastle game before, and didn't even know the offside rule, i'd be less shocked than I am reading most of your "intriguing posts and polls" you churn out on this forum.

I never said you were anti-Ashley. I said the knuckle-draggers are. I don't know you well enough to pronounce you as such.

If I believed telling the world that I was a staunch Mackem would gain Newcastle 1 extra point, next season, I'd tell the world I was a Mackem. The well-being of Newcastle is more important to me than whether people think I'm a Toon fan or not.

I never said you were anti-Ashley. I said the knuckle-draggers are. I don't know you well enough to pronounce you as such.

If I believed telling the world that I was a staunch Mackem would gain Newcastle 1 extra point, next season, I'd tell the world I was a Mackem. The well-being of Newcastle is more important to me than whether people think I'm a Toon fan or not.

Right, it's just that, it's not is it? Your whole "Do anything to get more points" line just seems such a lie. If the well-being of Newcastle is so important, why don't you care about the division we're in? I'd give a kidney to see us win the Premier League, but if Satan came to me asking me to proclaim myself a Mackem for a point, i'd tell him to fuck off.

Yet you want to see us signing Billy Sharp :blush: