Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Got through 90 mins for the reserves so is fully fit after the strain that kept him out against Arsenal.

Just a thought, could he play LB? I think he mite ya know.

Im sure i read somewhere when we signed him that he has played at LB before.

You sure you didn't just imagine reading it?

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just kidding btw, Deano. If it was any other game I wouldn't mind chucking him in. That's never having seen him play and based on having seen too much of Perch and Ryan Taylor. At least Marveaux's left-footed anyway (I think).

Edited by alex

Am I missing something here? That compilation is shit.

I thought he looked good :lol::icon_lol:

Passing. Movement. Pace. Finishing. Seeing the run. Seeing the pass. Determination to get to the ball to score. And I have to say I just LOVE players who check inside the defender then curl it into the net - LUV it :lol:

On the other hand, I have to admit I watched most of it imagining he was playing for us on Saturday and all those goals were going in the mackem net! Biased viewing, perhaps.

The one where he chipped it over for the guy to score (second goal??) reminds me of a NUFC goal at the Leazes end a few moons ago. I'm fairly sure it was against Villa and Robbie Elliott either did the chip or scored the magnificent volley. Magic ;) Was it Steve Watson involved too?? Lord, my memory!

cant see him playing saturday if hes only just played his first 90mins in 9-10 months

He was available for selection from april but I get your point.

Am I missing something here? That compilation is shit.

I thought he looked good :lol::icon_lol:

Passing. Movement. Pace. Finishing. Seeing the run. Seeing the pass. Determination to get to the ball to score. And I have to say I just LOVE players who check inside the defender then curl it into the net - LUV it :lol:

On the other hand, I have to admit I watched most of it imagining he was playing for us on Saturday and all those goals were going in the mackem net! Biased viewing, perhaps.

The one where he chipped it over for the guy to score (second goal??) reminds me of a NUFC goal at the Leazes end a few moons ago. I'm fairly sure it was against Villa and Robbie Elliott either did the chip or scored the magnificent volley. Magic ;) Was it Steve Watson involved too?? Lord, my memory!

It was Robbie Elliott for Craig Bellamy. Not saying he looks shit in the compilation, rather there wasn't much to it. Two cracking goals and the assist you're on about but it shows a bog standard corner ffs. You could make a better compilation for Jonas (Mr. No End Product) in his time at NUFC.

Edited by alex

I've been studying him a bit and he looks equally adept both as winger and more of a attacking mid/trequartista type of dude, surely is the complete package in the attacking department. Let him make Scunthorpe look like Blue Square shite, and then force Fulham to defeat! Bring on Marveaux, Pardeux!

Looking forward to seeing this guy like. Can play on either wing as well.

I imagine Obertan has got in infront of him due to fitness.

Everywhere has said he can either play left wing or off the striker. Nothing about him being able to operate on the right.

Looking forward to seeing this guy like. Can play on either wing as well.

I imagine Obertan has got in infront of him due to fitness.

Everywhere has said he can either play left wing or off the striker. Nothing about him being able to operate on the right.

Watching some of hit YouTube videos and he seemed to come in from the right quite a bit.

Though he put in a decent shift last night given the time he's been out and generally how crap we were in the first half.

Nice to see some early crosses into the box from out wide. Didnt look afraid to get a tackle in either.

Be interesting to see if Pardew will try Jonas and Marveaux in the same side.

We really do have a few headaches trying to fit Jonas, Marveaux, Obertan, Vuckic and Gosling into the team.

He was nowt special at all. We were crap in the first half, one of the factors contributing to that was marveau was as bad as the rest.

Perhaps somebody should show Demba Ba a football and see if it rings a bell with him.

To say it was his second game since November i thought he done alright like.

Definitely have him and Jonas and the wings if Barton does go.

Fulham side? :icon_lol:

---Krul---

Raylor---Saylor---Coloccini---Pieters?

Jonas---Cabaye---Tiote---Marveaux

Strola---Sameobi

Most likely to see Obertan and Jonas on the wings on sunday though.

Edited by Deano

I thought Marveaux was our only positive in the first half, he looked quite nippy and had the ability to beat a man and unlike Jonas he seemed capable of slinging a decent ball into the box at will.

He faded in the second half which is understandable given his lack of football in the last nine months. I'm not sure he's up for the middle of the park but I might be being harsh as it was when he was tiring that he was moved inside.