Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

From what we saw of him, think he could be a decent player. Quick, good on the ball, delivered a couple of good crosses as well. The comparisons to Routledge don't really wash with me 'cos from what I've seen of Marveaux, he can whip a good ball in. Routledge couldn't. He's more similar to Obertan, if anyone.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont start Sammy for a long time.

TBH he can't be much worse than Ba.

BA was total shit last night, he needs to improve and quick

:icon_lol:

BA was total shit last night, he needs to improve and quick

Heard someone saying he's fasting for Ramadan. Not sure what to make of that like. He's been a shit version of Shola in his first two appearances. Like you say, needs to improve fast (at least when Best is shit you can tell he's trying).

Incidentally, what the hell has happened to Ranger? At least he'd add a bit more pace and mobility to the strike force than what we've got at the minute.

Time to retire Jonas to the Bench and get this guy on from the start.

The sooner he starts getting a game, the sooner we will get some decent service into the box and the sooner the likes of Ba etc can get some goals.

I would love to see Pardew give Shane and Marveaux a go on the left against some of the lesser opposition as I think they would terrorise some defences.

Time to retire Jonas to the Bench and get this guy on from the start.

The sooner he starts getting a game, the sooner we will get some decent service into the box and the sooner the likes of Ba etc can get some goals.

I would love to see Pardew give Shane and Marveaux a go on the left against some of the lesser opposition as I think they would terrorise some defences.

Jonas is missing having Enrique on the flank with him.

what are you basing this good balls from anywhere on?

Watching said players. Ferguson has done it on many occasions and Marveaux has done it in the reserve game he played and a few times against Scunthorpe.

Not having the old for / against Jonas argument but we need to start getting creative from the left and at the minute its not working.

I watched the second half against Sunderland last night and looking at Jonas in that game and yesterday i've been quite impressed. I was expecting him to be shit once Enrique was gone as so much of his work for us was based on their relationship. I thought he would look disinterested and a bit lost. He was decent (not exceptional) in both games surprisingly. He's got good experience and the right temperament for high pressured games. Hope he stays.

I watched the second half against Sunderland last night and looking at Jonas in that game and yesterday i've been quite impressed. I was expecting him to be shit once Enrique was gone as so much of his work for us was based on their relationship. I thought he would look disinterested and a bit lost. He was decent (not exceptional) in both games surprisingly. He's got good experience and the right temperament for high pressured games. Hope he stays.

He was decent at defending not attacking if my crap memory serves me right.

He was decent at defending not attacking if my crap memory serves me right.

He was our most dangerous player going forward.

CT knows nothing about football and has a bit of a vendetta against Jonas, so feel free to disregard whatever gobbledygook he spouts on this topic. This is the moron who thought LuaLua would displace Jonas by the start of this season, after all.

Marveaux should be playing when he's fit, I totally agree. He should be on the left and Jonas should be on the right.

A simple fact. Jonas made 30 passes yesterday......NOT ONE was into the box.

I do understand he has his own fan club on here and I also understand he can carry the ball out etc etc etc....But at the end of the day if the winger cant cross the ball, the strikers are going to find it tough to score.

This is our problem at the moment and you can say all you like about Jonas but the end product is pants. Thats not a vendetta, its just a sad fact.

I do understand he has his own fan club on here and I also understand he can carry the ball out etc etc etc....But at the end of the day if the winger cant cross the ball, the strikers are going to find it tough to score.

This is our problem at the moment and you can say all you like about Jonas but the end product is pants. Thats not a vendetta, its just a sad fact.

I'm trying to recall the post you made the other day. Something along the lines of:

"JONAS PUTS KILLER PASSES INTO THE BOX" Something like that.

Which is it, ffs?????

Ohhhh, so the reason the strikers can't score is because Jonas is shit, not because we've sold all our good goalscorers and the players who were providing for them. Yes, it's all clear now. Makes total sense. But wait...wasn't Jonas starting every game last season, when we scored more goals than we had in any of our PL seasons since 03/04?

Hmm, guess it doesn't add up after all.

The reason we aren't scoring is because we don't have goalscoring players (because we sold them all and replaced them with garbage when we bothered to replace them at all), not because of Jonas's deficiencies.

Feel sorry for Jonas tbh.

It looks like he's performing canny good so far, but he's had to try to get a completely new understanding with an unnatural LB. Then, hopefully a natural LB will come in, and he'll have to do it all over again.

I'm trying to recall the post you made the other day. Something along the lines of:

"JONAS PUTS KILLER PASSES INTO THE BOX" Something like that.

You read it wrong. :D

Ohhhh, so the reason the strikers can't score is because Jonas is shit, not because we've sold all our good goalscorers and the players who were providing for them. Yes, it's all clear now. Makes total sense. But wait...wasn't Jonas starting every game last season, when we scored more goals than we had in any of our PL seasons since 03/04?

Hmm, guess it doesn't add up after all.

The reason we aren't scoring is because we don't have goalscoring players (because we sold them all and replaced them with garbage when we bothered to replace them at all), not because of Jonas's deficiencies.

:D Surely even you understand that if a winger can cross balls into the box, strikers have more chance of scoring, non? :D