Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

I think you'd have to be crazy not to think 20 mil for Henderson is overpaying. There's paying the premium for quality and simply overpaying.

and in truth that quality is very questionable. watched all 3 england u21 games and he is decidedly average. He literally has zero effect on them game whatsoever and his only talent seems to be completing 10 yard or less passes. he doesn't score and doesn't create chances. He also can't really tackle. I had never really paid much attention to him before his big money move but I honestly don't understand how liverpool came to anywhere near that valuation, his potential that people talk about also seems to be lacking, he would need to seriously improve on multiple areas of his game to be worth half what liverpool paid. (All based on only three games I must admit)

EDIT: Also he can't win a header to save his life.

Edited by GeeForce

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'd have to be crazy not to think 20 mil for Henderson is overpaying. There's paying the premium for quality and simply overpaying.

and in truth that quality is very questionable. watched all 3 england u21 games and he is decidedly average. He literally has zero effect on them game whatsoever and his only talent seems to be completing 10 yard or less passes. he doesn't score and doesn't create chances. He also can't really tackle. I had never really paid much attention to him before his big money move but I honestly don't understand how liverpool came to anywhere near that valuation, his potential that people talk about also seems to be lacking, he would need to seriously improve on multiple areas of his game to be worth half what liverpool paid. (All based on only three games I must admit)

EDIT: Also he can't win a header to save his life.

Poor man's Jenas tbh.

Incidentally, I assume that if he's a left winger that puts paid to any further chasing of Zoggy?

cheaper so its "good business".

Interesting that despite the mirth surrounding Jordan Henderson [until Liverpool finish miles higher in the league next season], Liverpool see him as a more worthwhile acquisition for that fee they paid than a free transfer player ?

Typical Leazes to find the negatives, yaaaaawwnnn

trust you and others like you to live in a fantasy world

What do you think of the players we have signed so far??

have you seen them play ? What do you think of the 2 major sales we have made in the last 6 months ? When is our transfer policy going to match the results of the previous owners [bigger picture this, a difficult one]

Edited by LeazesMag

Incidentally, I assume that if he's a left winger that puts paid to any further chasing of Zoggy?

Interesting that despite the mirth surrounding Jordan Henderson [until Liverpool finish miles higher in the league next season], Liverpool see him as a more worthwhile acquisition for that fee they paid than a free transfer player ?

have you seen them play ? What do you think of the 2 major sales we have made in the last 6 months ? When is our transfer policy going to match the results of the previous owners [bigger picture this, a difficult one]

Take it you are not impressed with the new recruits then??

BA did very well in a poor West Ham team

Cabaye just won the league with Lille and is a France international

Merveaux I must admit I have never heard of him but Chelsea,Man U where sniffing around him also the scousers has him more or less signed, from what I`ve heard he seems a very good player but I`m sure time will tell.

Maybe it would have suited you more if we had spent £30m on these instead of £4.5m??

As for your other questions, Carroll was a no brainer for £35m and Nolan wanted a 5 year deal at 29 I dont think he should have been given one. So I dont have a problem with either of the sales tbh.

As for the transfer policy, I have said before, under Ashley it wont match the previous owners policy as the club cant afford to do it. They had big debts and payed for players of 2,3 and 4 years not to mention spending future income. The club is more financially secure now and maybe more appealing to a rich Arab to come and buy because thats the only way we will be able to compete at the top again, unlimited funds

Whether he is good enough or fit enough, time will only tell. Plenty of the players who we may lose this summer were unremarkable or shite when they first arrived too.

I dont think anyone is under any illusions about him being world class but he's not some nobody picked up for nowt as no one else was interested.

Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool all passed on Marveaux when they had the chance to sign him. Can't really use that as an indication that he's a top class player.

From reading various things on the net and what people have seen him play reckon he's pretty decent

Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool all passed on Marveaux when they had the chance to sign him. Can't really use that as an indication that he's a top class player.

From reading various things on the net and what people have seen him play reckon he's pretty decent

Best way of evaluating a player tbh :spit:

Best way of evaluating a player tbh :spit:

Worked for that twat Wise!

Best way of evaluating a player tbh :icon_lol:

No its not but its all we've got for now, I'd never heard of Tiote before we got him either

Merveaux I must admit I have never heard of him but Chelsea,Man U where sniffing around him also the scousers has him more or less signed, from what I`ve heard he seems a very good player but I`m sure time will tell.

Maybe it would have suited you more if we had spent £30m on these instead of £4.5m??

As for your other questions, Carroll was a no brainer for £35m and Nolan wanted a 5 year deal at 29 I dont think he should have been given one. So I dont have a problem with either of the sales tbh.

As for the transfer policy, I have said before, under Ashley it wont match the previous owners policy as the club cant afford to do it. They had big debts and payed for players of 2,3 and 4 years not to mention spending future income. The club is more financially secure now and maybe more appealing to a rich Arab to come and buy because thats the only way we will be able to compete at the top again, unlimited funds

brainwashed, and making up things I have NEVER said.

Fool

No its not but its all we've got for now, I'd never heard of Tiote before we got him either

great idea. Why not presume every African player we see kicking a ball around is the new Tiote ? Can't go wrong, fuck me, why didn't Alex Ferguson [or me] think of that ?

great idea. Why not presume every African player we see kicking a ball around is the new Tiote ? Can't go wrong, fuck me, why didn't Alex Ferguson [or me] think of that ?

When did I say that you mong?

I'm going off what I've read and heard about him. When did I mention every African player is the next Tiote. It just fucks you off we are getting decent players in so you cant piss and moan about lack of ambition etc you old fucking windbag

Fool

What did I make up??

Fool

What did I make up??

I've never advocated paying as much as possible to sign any player.

Do keep up.

Also - as I keep saying, we don't need a rich Arab to compete higher than the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, and now West Ham being more attractive to our captain, whether you think it is "good business" or not. The proof of our "good business" will only be determined by our future league placings, and I'm afraid selling our best players and keeping the cash is a sign of a selling club, like those who need to sell to survive, and none of the brainwashed bollocks you spout in defence of such a policy is going to change that. Remember, 4 years of Mike Ashleys "plan" have already gone, and so far we have seen nothing other than a club on the decline, unwilling to compete with the other big clubs who are attempting to be successful, that we used to compete on the level of.

But keep making things up, and I'll ignore you unless you post something worth commenting on.

Edited by LeazesMag

How tiresome! Some fucka's on here dont half like to argue..............

..................heres a suggestion. Why dont you wait and see what this fellas like in a black n' white shirt before making comments as to whether hes crap or otherwise. THEN you'll have proper ammunition for your argument/lack thereof.

So when Spurs sell Modric will that make them a selling club??

As for West Ham, they are not a more attractive club It's just they gave Nolan more money and a longer contract. It's all about the money and a 5 yr deal for a 29 year old isn't good value.

..................heres a suggestion. Why dont you wait and see what this fellas like in a black n' white shirt before making comments as to whether hes crap or otherwise. THEN you'll have proper ammunition for your argument/lack thereof.

why wait and see when there's axes to be ground?

As for West Ham, they are not a more attractive club It's just they gave Nolan more money and a longer contract. It's all about the money and a 5 yr deal for a 29 year old isn't good value.

like I said, please keep, read the posts, and try [better] to understand. Which you clearly, by your reference to Modric, do not.

:icon_lol:

I'm not judging any one footballers until I see them play, I'm talking about the overall transfer policy, but I'm 100% sure the club is on the decline, when it is operating in the manner of those who need to sell to survive like it is doing now.

West Ham have nowhere near the potential of Newcastle but sadly it looks like they may now have more ambition

And yes it would make Spurs a selling club - Redknapp was spot on yesterday when asked about Modric he basically said he wants to keep him at all costs and stated that if you want to be a top club then you dont sell your best players and that if you want to keep your top players then you have to show them that you have the ambition.

Can you imagine Pardew saying that?

West Ham have nowhere near the potential of Newcastle but sadly it looks like they may now have more ambition

And yes it would make Spurs a selling club - Redknapp was spot on yesterday when asked about Modric he basically said he wants to keep him at all costs and stated that if you want to be a top club then you dont sell your best players and that if you want to keep your top players then you have to show them that you have the ambition.

:icon_lol: He did...... about Carrol, Nolan, Enrique, Barton........ :icon_lol:

Too busy having a double nosh on Ashley and Llambias' ickle tinkles