Coloccini

JawD

Well Taylor won't be offered a new contract so he'll be gone and I doubt we can keep Mbemba which means we only have Colo and Lascellas on the books next year

Defensively we have to get it right next year, we have a lot more games. The board need to realise that we will get injuries/suspensions and that depth is very important

At no point in our 'promotion race' should we have a makeshift back four

I don't reckon Mbemba is going, we paid a fair bit for him and we won't make money on him, same for Townsend and possibly Wijnaldum.

We're financially stable enough to not need to sell if we're only out of the top division for one season which I think we'll be banking on.

Rumours today (written up in the mail) that Benitez is now considering staying when we do go down too so yeah.

Also, from your next post, Graham Carr doesn't sign players, he is a scout, Charnley/Ashley do.

taylor and doumbia can both do one.

i'd offer mbabu a new deal. he's unlikely to ask for much and looked canny to me on the rare occasion he played.

I don't reckon Mbemba is going, we paid a fair bit for him and we won't make money on him, same for Townsend and possibly Wijnaldum.

We're financially stable enough to not need to sell if we're only out of the top division for one season which I think we'll be banking on.

Rumours today (written up in the mail) that Benitez is now considering staying when we do go down too so yeah.

Also, from your next post, Graham Carr doesn't sign players, he is a scout, Charnley/Ashley do.

I don't think Rafa will stay tbh, hopefully he does but I just don't think so. Shall have to wait and see with Mbemba I guess

Aye Charnley then, but Carr's on the board and they obviously hold his opinion in high esteem.

I normally take anything in the Mail with a massive pinch of salt but if there's any truth in that and he does stay it will massively take the sting out of relegation for me. Going down and keeping Benitez there on a mission to rebuild the club would be preferable to staying up with McLaren. Of course even if it is true it could still very well end in tears a few months down the line if Rafa finds out he's been lied to regarding transfer budget/control of footballing matters etc. Very sceptical until it is actually announced though - can't really see why a bloke with the opportunities he's bound to have in the summer would work for Ashley in the English 2nd division.

Agree with this, I think Mbemba has the most chance of leaving as if people had scouted him properly they may have saw a defender they were willing to pay10m for, hopefully most didn't bother scouting our defence though :lol: . The price of the others will put people off for sure and we don't need to sell. I'm sure Ashley will be fighting to keep a lot of them as well since getting back up 1st time will be paramount for him and the money gained from flogging them wouldn't make up for missing out on the prem.

I normally take anything in the Mail with a massive pinch of salt but if there's any truth in that and he does stay it will massively take the sting out of relegation for me. Going down and keeping Benitez there on a mission to rebuild the club would be preferable to staying up with McLaren. Of course even if it is true it could still very well end in tears a few months down the line if Rafa finds out he's been lied to regarding transfer budget/control of footballing matters etc. Very sceptical until it is actually announced though - can't really see why a bloke with the opportunities he's bound to have in the summer would work for Ashley in the English 2nd division.

I think it all depends on how much he actually cares about staying near Liverpool, if he's willing to waste a season to remain near his family then he'll stay as there's not really another option other than not having a job. Of course if it's been blown out of proportion and he wants to get back to the big time jobs asap he'll be away.

I think it all depends on how much he actually cares about staying near Liverpool, if he's willing to waste a season to remain near his family then he'll stay as there's not really another option other than not having a job. Of course if it's been blown out of proportion and he wants to get back to the big time jobs asap he'll be away.

There's Everton, as unlikely as some people on here seem to find it... I reckon he could be persuaded.

Also, the only good things that happen to this club only take place to make the following horrific moments all the more painful. It's highly unlikely he'll stay.

There's Everton, as unlikely as some people on here seem to find it... I reckon he could be persuaded.

I'm not convinced he'd go there tbh, he's a legend at Liverpool and he's had a fair few pops at Everton in the past. I suspect that's why he come to us in the first place, lack of other options nearby Liverpool.

Everton and Watford will probably be looking for new managers come the summer but after that I would think Nowt in the Premier League so why not stick with us.Ashley would need to give him a say in transfers and to back him with money though.Missing out on £100m+ tv money next season will not please him so we can only hope he ships out Charnley,Moncur and Carr and brings in someone like myself.You know,someone who knows football inside out and isn't afraid to point out and comment on cowardly actions from our players.

Wasn't Colo partly responsible for Ben Arfa's departure? Rumours that there was a rift between them and Pardew sided with Colo?

Wasn't Colo partly responsible for Ben Arfa's departure? Rumours that there was a rift between them and Pardew sided with Colo?

Aye that's what I remember hearing at the time. I also remember at the time giving Colo and Pardew the benefit of the doubt cos Colo seemed to be the main man in the squad and had come off a couple of brilliant seasons and we'd had that 5th under Pardew, plus Ben Arfa didn't exactly have a great track record discipline-wise. In hindsight it's so frustrating to think we never got more out of a talent like Ben Arfa, especially if it was Colo's doing to get rid of him, given how inconsistent and flakey he subsequently became and what a total tool Pardew turned out to be.

Aye that's what I remember hearing at the time. I also remember at the time giving Colo and Pardew the benefit of the doubt cos Colo seemed to be the main man in the squad and had come off a couple of brilliant seasons and we'd had that 5th under Pardew, plus Ben Arfa didn't exactly have a great track record discipline-wise. In hindsight it's so frustrating to think we never got more out of a talent like Ben Arfa, especially if it was Colo's doing to get rid of him, given how inconsistent and flakey he subsequently became and what a total tool Pardew turned out to be.

Think it was reasonable to take Pardew and Colo's side, but even at the time it reminded me of Bellamy's contretemps with Souness. Seems like I was right about this one too. When will the So-Called Accountant admit he was wrong?

Think it was reasonable to take Pardew and Colo's side, but even at the time it reminded me of Bellamy's contretemps with Souness. Seems like I was right about this one too. When will the So-Called Accountant admit he was wrong?

Yes, similar situation - we could have had more out of Bellamy, he was brilliant for us and never really reached the same level after he left (unusually for us - we're used to players improving once they leave). Who's the so-called accountant? I think I've missed something...

Yes, similar situation - we could have had more out of Bellamy, he was brilliant for us and never really reached the same level after he left (unusually for us - we're used to players improving once they leave). Who's the so-called accountant? I think I've missed something...

Why wont YOU answer the QUESTION?

Ah, looking at the previous post I am guessing Gemmill is the so-call accountant :blush2:

Typical Greyman clique, refusing to answer the question.

Ah, looking at the previous post I am guessing Gemmill is the so-call accountant :blush2:

Yeah, Leazes Mag, formerly of this parish, had pet names for a number of people in his unending quest to find out when YOU would answer HIS simple Question.